Notorious Convince me to keep my 6S Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
Hey everyone - I’ve been struggling with liking this rig from the get. I hate that it’s so wheelie friendly, but do enjoy how quickly the back end rotates in a turn, sometimes too much.

Anyway, I’m in the process of tuning the diffs with fluid (60k front/ 30k rear) and not expecting much change in how it drives. I’ll turn the punch down too while I’m at it because I’ve read that’s another way to keep the front down. I just don’t know if we’re a compatible pair

That said, do I continue to tune the car to try to get it to my liking or do I sell/trade for something like a Talion? I was really jonesing over the Infraction too since all my other vehicles are off road and a talion will be another off road vehicle in the stable.

Input/advice welcome!

Thanks
KW

Make a Kraton out of it. Longer chasis means better handling with everything except flips. Chassis, drive shafts, bumper, body mounts? and body. Actually that's pretty expensive already. I never got warm with the Notorious even though it looks great. Or get some street tires for the Notorious, Talion size and see if you like it.

^^@RC-Dude , beat me as I'm typing.
Easily convert to K6s. New LWB EXB chassis, Rear DS, Rear Ch. brace, T2T. The K6s is much more controllable. The Noto is very short ( SWB Typhon chassis). Harder to control. It's more of a Freestyle stunt truck. K6s LWB chassis makes a great all around basher.

Your Fr and Rear oils are good. Are you running the stock wheels?
Center needs to be 500k. Dropping the Punch Down will help dial it in. Most is driver experience. Lack thereof.
I prefer driving my K6s way more than my Noto. I don't drive it much.

Last edited:
You could convert it into a Talion or Kraton. Otherwise maybe sell/trade it for an infraction if that peeks your interest.

Center needs to be 500k
That’ll make it wheelie more.. no?
I think that’s what they don’t like.. 🤷‍♂️

Wheelies more, yes. But easier to modulate the throttle. It's more predictable to me. Quicker rotations.
There's no getting around the fact it is just very short. SWB. The nose lifts all the time. I feel it is much tamer and balanced with 4s packs.

That’ll make it wheelie more.. no?
I think that’s what they don’t like.. 🤷‍♂️

The Notorious wheelies massively and wants to land on it's back when the Kraton with the same power will not even lift a tiny bit. But that power gets pushed to the front wheels and they baloon a bit much. That's where the 500k helps. Kraton also needs 500k to wheely but very controllably.

A lower center diff oil obviously makes the Notorious wheely less aggressively but it's all pizza tires in front. The tires and foams don't last very long that way.

Found the Notorious is pretty tricky to land compared to the Kraton.

(As if Hammer Down didn't know. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ;) )

@RC-Dude, what he said. True.
+!
@Hammer Down went Hammer Up on us?:LOL:
Oils are subjective.
Most here run 500k give or take in all these 6s Open center diffs.
You will absolutely $shredd tires$ with stock 100K. (6s)
Diff Bleeding is a thing. Avoid it if you can.

Last edited:
+1
And a simple thing like dropping the ESC Punch Down helps so much. The rest is throttle practice and wheel time. SWB Freestyle stunt trucks were never easy to drive.
Even with my Tekno MT410. Identical dimensions, buggy SWB and Track width, as a Noto. It's undriveable on 6s. I run only 4s packs.
We all drive differently. Much is subjective. Trial and error.

I have a Notorious & I went thru same remorse. But I changed diff fluid to 60k F & 30k R & 200/500k mix center & all 3 Arrma aluminum diffs. Also changed to 40kg HT/HV servo & adjustable aluminum servo saver. All that completely made it much better & handles great. It's a blast now & I can point & go. Bashes awesome & wheelies aren't so quick anymore. Great RC. Hope info helps some.

Ok, so wheelies are not your thing. What exactly do you mean to do with it? If you address the wheelies what do you see yourself doing with it? You can distribute power more evenly upping the center diff beyond 500k(I do 20m in my speeders and 1m in my bashers) and adding some weight to the front. In a pinch, actual wheel weights work(on chassis). You can play with the punch or even(yes, I know she said this) practice your finger control Until you state your intentions with it, all advice given here is moot. The real obvious answer, you already gave us. You want an on road car, as that is what you're missing. If you can get a good price, sell it for what you really want. Otherwise it WILL collect dust

Another thing to look at is what tires you run. If you keep the Backflips on it expect to wheelie a whole lot. If you put smaller tires on (especially belted) you'll definitely get less wheelies. You could even throw some belted Katars on it and it won't wheelie as much. A more expensive solution would be to get some 1/5 scale GRPs...but you need new hub adapters which can get pricey. But the 1/5 GRP is a great tire for street running a basher like a Notorius, Talion or Kraton. I was running them on a Senton (which is SWB too) and it cut down on the wheelies a lot. It would still wheelie some at full throttle but it handled well and was pretty much point and shoot.

I have Kraton 8s so I doubt I’ll go the route of a smaller one. Some of these suggestion sound great. Thanks everyone!
Try the 4s backflip LP's. Also..coming from someone who has both 6s and 8s rigs, it's hard to go from 8s to 6s when running mine. It literally makes the smaller rigs feel like a kids toy. I ALWAYS run my smaller rigs first then the 8s rigs. I know some guys that can't go back to smaller rigs at all after going big 😜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back