Notorious Convince me to keep my 6S Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try the 4s backflip LP's. Also..coming from someone who has both 6s and 8s rigs, it's hard to go from 8s to 6s when running mine. It literally makes the smaller rigs feel like a kids toy. I ALWAYS run my smaller rigs first then the 8s rigs. I know some guys that can't go back to smaller rigs at all after going big 😜
I just got the 8s kraton and thought I wouldn't run my 6s cars again but its not the case with me. no what you mean about the 6s cars been like kids toys though. to be honest I still prefer to run the 6s cars over the 8s at the moment think its cause there easier to lug around

Another thing to look at is what tires you run. If you keep the Backflips on it expect to wheelie a whole lot. If you put smaller tires on (especially belted) you'll definitely get less wheelies. You could even throw some belted Katars on it and it won't wheelie as much. A more expensive solution would be to get some 1/5 scale GRPs...but you need new hub adapters which can get pricey. But the 1/5 GRP is a great tire for street running a basher like a Notorius, Talion or Kraton. I was running them on a Senton (which is SWB too) and it cut down on the wheelies a lot. It would still wheelie some at full throttle but it handled well and was pretty much point and shoot.
+!
That's why I asked early on if he was running the stock tires. Makes a difference also. I think he should swap out to a LWB Kraton chassis. Whatever flavor he can afford. I had an OC way back and currently both Noto and K6s. LWB makes all the difference. SWB is simply hard to control. And has poor directional stability at speed , being short with a wide track width. I feel my Noto is the last RC I would even consider to speed run on road.
If you're having a hard time driving the Noto, Best to just run 4s packs. Or use that crappy Radio Throttle limiter. Get used to it better with less Power, and drop the Punch down as needed. Dial it in for your driving skill level.

Last edited:
The only thing the 8s and 6s Kraton have in common are looks and name. Two totally different driving experiences.

I have both a talion exb and the notorious. Talion is very stable no matter what but not as fun to jump. My main issue wth the notorious is the wing/ wing mount. They are notoriously bad lol. Really easily breaks off and shears the bolts off as well. Never had that happen on any other truck. I'm going to sell mine for only that reason.

A wise man once told me "you only accelerate as hard as your trigger finger makes you"

If you don't wanna wheelie as bad, don't punch it??

Unless your like me... I only know on/off with throttle. Then I'd understand the issue.

I have both a talion exb and the notorious. Talion is very stable no matter what but not as fun to jump. My main issue wth the notorious is the wing/ wing mount. They are notoriously bad lol. Really easily breaks off and shears the bolts off as well. Never had that happen on any other truck. I'm going to sell mine for only that reason.
I broke my wing mount on my Notorious & got the 3d printed ones made from flexible TPU from 3drc. No problems since. Works great

3D RC didn’t hold up for the type of jumping I do, mainly because of the weak point created with the wheelie bar. If you want a heavy duty mount that ties to the bulkhead, go with RPM. With monster airs I’d recommend an aluminum bulkhead.

IMG_0587.jpeg

IMG_0583.jpeg

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0371.jpeg

Is that a de-anodized Hot Racing bulkhead?
Have bought over a half dozen $20 AliExpress specials after buying one $100 vitavon. Their alloy is plenty strong enough and CNC quality/fitment has always been great for me.

Have bought over a half dozen $20 AliExpress specials after buying one $100 vitavon. Their alloy is plenty strong enough and CNC quality/fitment has always been great for me.
Ok. Never saw the silver ones but I have the same, from the same source but identical to HR, just no HR logo. A couple minor fixes needed but at that price, still very worthwhile.
Post in thread 'Brand New Arrma Asuga!! 🤣' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/brand-new-arrma-asuga-🤣.61623/post-925235

Ok. Never saw the silver ones but I have the same, from the same source but identical to HR, just no HR logo. A couple minor fixes needed but at that price, still very worthwhile.
Post in thread 'Brand New Arrma Asuga!! 🤣' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/brand-new-arrma-asuga-🤣.61623/post-925235
Never looked that closely because I use loctite 518 as an anaerobic sealant on both the case halves and between the bulkhead and chassis. I’m curious though now and will look at a couple on the shelf in bags and will follow up 👍🏼

When servicing I didn’t notice any contamination on the residual but I don’t thoroughly clean them externally before opening.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up changing the Diff fluid to 60k front 30k rear and it TRANSFORMED this truck. Wayyyyy more enjoyable. It grips and rips now!!

Never realized the legs this thing has on it at WOT because I could never go WOT!! Looking forward to more sessions with the new set up.

Absolutely! Same here. Crazy one wheel LONG wheelies! I also did a 40kg servo & it handles superb 👌

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I ended up changing the Diff fluid to 60k front 30k rear and it TRANSFORMED this truck. Wayyyyy more enjoyable. It grips and rips now!!

Never realized the legs this thing has on it at WOT because I could never go WOT!! Looking forward to more sessions with the new set up.
That's pretty good info there. I've always been turned off by the Noto because it it'll wheelie if you look at it wrong. I'm sure it's an awesome truck once you're able to actually put the power down. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of excessive wheelies.

That's pretty good info there. I've always been turned off by the Noto because it it'll wheelie if you look at it wrong. I'm sure it's an awesome truck once you're able to actually put the power down. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of excessive wheelies.
Now the wheelies are predicable and rare. Going wide open doesn’t result in a turtle slide…most of the time. I’m really blown away in the difference in performance

I've only ever ran Proline trenchers and unbanded badlands on mine as I bought it used, so maybe I'm ignorant of stock tire life. However, part of the fun of it is trying to get it up to speed and not wheelie. Also, everyone seems to love that truck as it so squirely. It gets a lot of attention. I'll drive my noto for 5min then switch to the kraton. I never seem to get tied of either and my favorite is whichever one I'm driving at the time,

I went through the same thing with my Outcast 6s for a while. I spent a long time wanting to sell it but then finally decided to keep it. What I realized is that in all of my frustration with trying to keep the damn thing on its wheels, it was actually teaching me to be a better driver. I've gotten much better at controlling it and I actually have a lot more fun with it now than my Talion.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Talion and it's an absolute rocket. But learning to control and drive my Outcast well has been more rewarding because it's so much more challenging.

Just my 2 cents

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back