Moving with Lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManhattanRC

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I'm going to be moving from NYC to Fort Mill SC, and I've got about 11 Lipos coming with me. I'll be transporting them in 2 Bat Safes in but because of the quantity I own the safes will be at max capacity (but not over).

I was thinking of discharging them to about 3.5v per cell from storage charge just to give me a bit of breathing room, but it's likely they'll stay that way for about 2 weeks. Any issues with doing that? I'm assuming not, but wanted to check. Thought is this will reduce the wh and of course the total energy in the event Murphy's law kicks in.

Thoughts?

I'm going to be moving from NYC to Fort Mill SC, and I've got about 11 Lipos coming with me. I'll be transporting them in 2 Bat Safes in but because of the quantity I own the safes will be at max capacity (but not over).

I was thinking of discharging them to about 3.5v per cell from storage charge just to give me a bit of breathing room, but it's likely they'll stay that way for about 2 weeks. Any issues with doing that? I'm assuming not, but wanted to check. Thought is this will reduce the wh and of course the total energy in the event Murphy's law kicks in.

Thoughts?
I just storage charge my lipos with no issues for weeks. That's the rule of thumb. Lipos can be storage charged with no issue for up to 6 months ?.

3.8v is also where they're at when I receive new lipos. The store/warehouse etc has them at that voltage while storing and shipping them without any type of enclosure like a batt safe. I'd stick with that for the move.

If you are worried, put them to 3.7 volts. It is still perfectly fine to store them like that for a month. But they hold significantly less energy and are less likely to cause a fire in a worst case scenario.

Thanks All for the input. Im @3.8v ~33% capacity for all of them. I'm going to run 1 down to 3.7 and see what capacity that is.

Hobbyking ships lipos at 3.7 or thereabouts (with a note to storage charge them ASAP), I think that's the way to go. 2 weeks won't hurt them.

Keep them at storage, it's not a big deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back