Mud in balance port

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattarrma3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Did my first ever bash and the leads of my balance port were hanging out the side of the Typhon 6S. The ports are absolutely clogged with dirt. Any suggestions?

Get some CRC electric cleaner spray

1695938651392.png

Can I wedge a pin in the slots of a balance port to get the dirt out? I don't know what's safe to do with these.... brand new to the hobby and lipos in general

Yes you certainly can just be careful that whatever you are using doesn't bend the pins. Also make sure that any 2 of the pins never touch each other and if you remove them from the housing only remove one at a time to avoid having them touch together or forget which one was in which spot.

I don't run in the wet/mud for this and others reasons. I strap my Bal. lead to the lipo with the velcro strap.
I don't use the Balance lead "Stay", because if the lipo ejects even slightly the Bal. lead will rip out or get damaged. Could even cause a dead short across the cells.
CRC Spray is a must have for RC'ing. Cleaning out motors and mains connectors, etc. With mains connectors I use a cotton swab with CRC and gently wipe out the connectors. Whatever you use to clean, in theory, should have dielectric properties.

I don't run in the wet/mud for this and others reasons. I strap my Bal. lead to the lipo with the velcro strap.
I don't use the Balance lead "Stay", because if the lipo ejects even slightly the Bal. lead will rip out or get damaged. Could even cause a dead short across the cells.
CRC Spray is a must have for RC'ing. Cleaning out motors and mains connectors, etc. With mains connectors I use a cotton swab with CRC and gently wipe out the connectors. Whatever you use to clean, in theory, should have dielectric properties.

The closest thing to mud my rc's have seen in the past few years is the pile of dog poo I drove through back in July it was everywhere.

Got it. Yeah, this is basically my first hobby grade car, and first car at all in 5+ years, so I couldn't help myself getting out the first time. Definitely going to learn stuff along the way. Thank you for the help.
Yes you certainly can just be careful that whatever you are using doesn't bend the pins. Also make sure that any 2 of the pins never touch each other and if you remove them from the housing only remove one at a time to avoid having them touch together or forget which one was in which spot.
Got it fixed. Thank you for the valuable information. New to the forum and hobby so appreciate it greatly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back