Mugen Seiki MBX7T 1/8 Nitro Truggy Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Wondering if nitro has faded out, is there still value in one of these kits or do you think it is obsolete, I'm not sure I know of any members here that actively follow the nitro platforms or even any members that currently own or run nitro rigs!? 🤔

What's one of these worth and how hard is it to build one, just curious from any experienced nitro heads that have some knowledge under their belt, I have never owned a nitro!! 💯

Looks dope AF!! 🔥

Screenshot_20230727-190503.png

My language!

Best race buggy on the market.

Get an OS Speed, any model. Drake has a nice looking head. OR what’s supposed to be in a Mugen, NINJA. It’s made by OS.

4 shoe aluminum clutch.

VP 30%.

The tunes outa the box on OS engines need 0 tuning MSN, 0 tuning on the LSN and very mild tweaks on the HSN depending on ambient temps. You’ll need a bump box too.

I still prefer nitro.. brushless is way faster, Nitro way funner. I started with it though so...
If your not wanting to race it there is no need to go all out on a race motor. An lrp .28 is cheap as balls and will get it going good.
Check out woogie nitro on YouTube. Hes got tons of content. Watch some vids of someone who knows nitro and see if you like what you see man.

I'm just not sure I have the extra funds for nitro, this is a kit so.. engine, exhaust, Rx, 2 servo's, starter box, igniter, wheels, fuel!! Big money 💰💰

What's your guys opinions on the value of one of these kits, let's say if it was in the AF classifieds! 🤔

For bashing yes nitro is fading out, but for racing 1/8 nitro buggy is one of the most popular classes.
I'm just not sure I have the extra funds for nitro, this is a kit so.. engine, exhaust, Rx, 2 servo's, starter box, igniter, wheels, fuel!! Big money 💰💰

What's your guys opinions on the value of one of these kits, let's say if it was in the AF classifieds! 🤔

No one really sells race kits with the engine in it, 99.9% of the time you will find them as rollers or sliders. Most of the used rollers and sliders sell for a lot less than what they cost new.

As far as used nitro cars go this is usually what you would expect to see. https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/1112911-tlr-8x.html

Last edited:

The thing about 1/8 nitro is... if your bashing there is no need to buy top of the line. An Lrp .28 is $150, Lrp. 32 is $195. They're fantastic motors. You can get pipes cheap. Hobao hyper pipe would work and is 20 on ebay from a breaker. Or an lrp screamer pipe is 120. Ae starter box is 75 if you want a starter box. I still use pull starts because I have no issues with them. Radio is whatever you want.
Or you can get an OS race engine for 500 - 700, a $250 pipe, etc. If you want the best. It can get expensive fast if you let it.

Fuel kinda sucks now because Bones Brew shut his doors.... I havnt had to buy any yet and won't this year. Was getting 12qts for 100 shipped. Best stuff out there. Its not cheap anywhere else. Gotta buy in bulk.

For bashing yes nitro is fading out, but for racing 1/8 nitro buggy is one of the most popular classes.

No one really sells race kits with the engine in it, 99.9% of the time you will find them as rollers or sliders. Most of the used rollers and sliders sell for a lot less than what they cost new.

As far as used nitro cars go this is usually what you would expect to see. https://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/1112911-tlr-8x.html
Yea but that's an RTR!? This would just be in it's original kit form, ready to piece together.. 🥳
The thing about 1/8 nitro is... if your bashing there is no need to buy top of the line. An Lrp .28 is $150, Lrp. 32 is $195. They're fantastic motors. You can get pipes cheap. Hobao hyper pipe would work and is 20 on ebay from a breaker. Or an lrp screamer pipe is 120. Ae starter box is 75 if you want a starter box. I still use pull starts because I have no issues with them. Radio is whatever you want.
Or you can get an OS race engine for 500 - 700, a $250 pipe, etc. If you want the best. It can get expensive fast if you let it.

Fuel kinda sucks now because Bones Brew shut his doors.... I havnt had to buy any yet and won't this year. Was getting 12qts for 100 shipped. Best stuff out there. Its not cheap anywhere else. Gotta buy in bulk.
Knowing me, I'd be getting the high end crap!!🥴

LRP is known for OWB slippage, front bearing leaks and finicky tuning. They make great power but it would be at the learning expense of a nitro engine from a noob tuner. Nothing wrong with noobs and nitro, I’d rather recommend an engine that I’ve gotten 14-16 gallons out of before it’s first sleeve pinch AND if he wanted to slap it on a track, it would get the fuel mileage needed to compete.

OS has 0 bearing leaks, no OWB’s and pretty much no tuning.

Just as anything else, you get what you pay for. 👍🏻 it would be a moral SIN to put a LRP in any Mugen😉

LRP is known for OWB slippage, front bearing leaks and finicky tuning. They make great power but it would be at the learning expense of a nitro engine from a noob tuner. Nothing wrong with noobs and nitro, I’d rather recommend an engine that I’ve gotten 14-16 gallons out of before it’s first sleeve pinch AND if he wanted to slap it on a track, it would get the fuel mileage needed to compete.

OS has 0 bearing leaks, no OWB’s and pretty much no tuning.

Just as anything else, you get what you pay for. 👍🏻 it would be a moral SIN to put a LRP in any Mugen😉
They're definitely no Os, but price reflects brother. I respect and understand your opinion fully. Higher end are definitely more reliable and longer lasting- as they should be for that money. Always wanted a reds 721 in my mp9 but good lord all I am is a basher, I can't justify the cost!

Turns out you can easily sink 2k in one of these.. who knew!! 🥳

Me! I did... it can get up there FAST if you let it. In all fairness so can't electric! 😂

Yea but that's an RTR!? This would just be in it's original kit form, ready to piece together.. 🥳

Knowing me, I'd be getting the high end crap!!🥴
No that was a kit that someone already put together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back