Kraton My 2022 forever thread . kralion , kraton , kraton XL , typhon ( all same truck )

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraton EXB arms n hubs , Mojave EXB chassis , M2C centre front drive shaft . Talion wheels n tyres , talion shock towers , kraton shocks i think , maybe Mojave on front , have forgot , Think I gonna enjoy this one , I must check the diffs after the weekend
View attachment 193983
I would go with the larger FT wheels with that long extended and wide chassis.:giggle:

So today was little typhon day , BUT before the ramp went to bed , I took the beast for a launch , the first gave me my first ever silly high double backflip and proper landing , the flip was a mistake , kept it pinned like the little typhon , the second was on purpose , and I did it again , yeeee harrrrrr . So packed it all away before I smashed it up 😂 my 10 million pack backflip lp’s are so shot , think I’ll get some more , love it
I would go with the larger FT wheels with that long extended and wide chassis.:giggle:
Cos I am useless , I don’t know what FT wheels are , no doubt it’ll be obvious when ya tell me 😬

So went full talion today , well nearly , talion towers n shocks added , first up with the copperheads n 12t pinion , worked ok . Backflip lp’s n 12t errrr , no air control . Sits real low at the front on talion shocks , I actually prefer the kraton towers n shocks , backflips n 15t pinion for the jumps I thought I would never do , but won’t stop jumping now , superb . Oh and we had a huge 45 min down pour . Perfect as first rain in a very long time indeed , the little typhon flew great , so light in the air too
A022DEEC-8366-4AAB-A88C-F313155D74D0.jpeg

22E77C36-59C1-419B-B8DA-A15617DBF32E.jpeg

DB324B56-1C37-438B-BFC0-03D430438D00.jpeg

This poor old truck , I got the day off , so spent it perfecting the jump truck , 6s all the way , a variety of pinions , Katars , copperheads and backflip lp’s , copperheads n 23t pinion melted the solder on the 4mm bullets on the motor leads. Ended the day with the talion chassis , kraton towers n shocks , 16t pinion , backflip lps . I trashed a backflip so have a new set on way , 10mm connectors now on motor leads , it flys and handles great
4EB3124F-8A15-4FAA-A864-5FB993D30480.jpeg

CD4B95ED-6ADE-49A2-90F0-0355D65AEEED.jpeg

As I seem to mash me wheels , I dug up my M2C wheel hexes and have installed , they are a lot thicker and sit in the wheel a lot better , I will in time get the thicker fireteam version , have filled the gap with a couple of washers as before
7A39B735-A417-48BE-99E3-5E8408E55204.jpeg

And wouldn’t you just know it , sent me radix off the ramp today , many many times , it was great . This means my poor old talion may just have to go back to a poor old typhon , cos I recon that little tinker will fly great .
21C640D6-B1C2-4DAA-88FC-DD5B916696A7.jpeg

You can not beat a nice leisurely build , I usually have them changed in an hour , but not today , cleaning and straightening as I go , lovely jubbly

1988CE13-D31B-43A9-BDB0-2F6AB35324DB.jpeg

What a fantastic day off , a lovely slow build of the flying typhon , and she flew , my god did she fly 👍🏻 Just need my bumper parts to arrive and must put the long Velcro strap back on the lipo box , if you zoom in you can see me lipo shifting 😂😂😂 just need to remove the silicone stoppers from the shocks , adjust the steering n bobs ya uncle
9839D66F-30DB-47E1-8914-E8A472030012.jpeg

71C79E1E-BA98-42B3-8127-C0F066FC7B68.jpeg

EEB2F5C5-8DE7-4092-A2B6-C06546C8B92A.jpeg

BC6A40BA-F7E4-4F41-96AA-A415D0CA2F33.jpeg

13E7787C-2D99-4E6A-82FD-552D169DA797.jpeg

tomorrow i`m gonna try 4s , with the corally motor she just wants to wheelie , so gonna 4s and a 23t pinion , need to get a silky smooth run up , i may even put the rubbish spektrum set up back in , so i have less power to fight , what a hobby ,

My 6s typhon body is a tad cut up from a different project , so threw on my radix body and it fitted , sits a little higher , but with a home made rear mount , we’ll be good to launch 👍🏻 Yeeeee harrrrrrr

300B2ECE-9AC7-4AA5-AC02-C3CDEC2E8A9D.jpeg

The typhon is now a kraton 6s EXB , jumps great and lands good too , 2 brand new backflip lp’s on rear , works great and should stay this way for a little while
8A44366D-CCAE-4DA2-BCE0-17D9A4C5E1DB.jpeg

9495D8FA-EA12-4475-9988-90243A29D5E6.jpeg

90328878-F2A8-4434-A8C9-4696211C5D2B.jpeg

No flying pics tonight but a huge lesson learnt , used my 2x 2s race packs in the kraton this evening , still standard spektrum motor and 15t pinion , do you know what , she jumped n jumped n jumped n jumped , less air control but she flew great , landed lightly , everything kept cool , nothing broke , it was blooming awesome . The lesson … leave the trucks alone and enjoy them , arrma did well with the kraton etc , and they don’t need me pratting about pulling them apart . Just need to make up some better leads if I use the race packs again . The hobbywing slider switch went off a few times including when I hit the ramp and it went end over end . What a great hobby , oh a did a forward flip by mistake but missed it cos it went behind a hedge

No flying pics tonight but a huge lesson learnt , used my 2x 2s race packs in the kraton this evening , still standard spektrum motor and 15t pinion , do you know what , she jumped n jumped n jumped n jumped , less air control but she flew great , landed lightly , everything kept cool , nothing broke , it was blooming awesome . The lesson … leave the trucks alone and enjoy them , arrma did well with the kraton etc , and they don’t need me pratting about pulling them apart . Just need to make up some better leads if I use the race packs again . The hobbywing slider switch went off a few times including when I hit the ramp and it went end over end . What a great hobby , oh a did a forward flip by mistake but missed it cos it went behind a hedge
There's my dude, enjoying the s*!t out of this incredible hobby like we all should!! 😃👍I really think that arrma is encouraging the mixing/matching that you're doing w/ the cross compatibility of most of their parts. Man, if it makes you happy tinkering w/ so many setups I say go for it! How else are you gonna find I out what you really like?😉 besides, I love seeing all your different combos & iterations of vehicles, gives me ideas that I may want to test out for myself 🤘

Ok , so I don’t need two buggy’s , I ran the typhon n radix together a few times , but for me the radix is superior ( in my garden ) so it’s bye bye typhon and hello Talion …. Again 😂 but with a twist , this time it will be cleaned and repaired , both front n rear diff cases lost there threads months ago , this one will run kraton towers and shocks , these are softer than my current talion set up , could make the bumpy lawn a better drive . It’s nice seeing it clean , even for a short while

View attachment 232768
View attachment 232769

View attachment 232767
View attachment 232770View attachment 232771
On your servo saver are those shims so makes the spring tighter?

Back