Kraton My New 12S kraton build is finished!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulB90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Typhon 6s
The wait is over Arrma Fam, the K12S IS FINISHED AND READY!!!! Here she is in all here beauty!!! I will need new 6S batteries but can not decide on which ones??!!! I'm looking for the best ones I can buy that will give me absolute power, speed and durability!!! If anyone can help me out with that I would really really appreciate that!!!! Thank you Arrma fam and stay tuned for more pics and videos coming soon!!! Click links for videos

The wait is over Arrma Fam, the K12S IS FINISHED AND READY!!!! Here she is in all here beauty!!! I will need new 6S batteries but can not decide on which ones??!!! I'm looking for the best ones I can buy that will give me absolute power, speed and durability!!! If anyone can help me out with that I would really really appreciate that!!!! Thank you Arrma fam and stay tuned for more pics and videos coming soon!!! Click links for videos

I wish you the best of luck getting to 80mph but that is going to be a really hard thing to do on MT tires. Even if you had belted tires, it’s still going to walk all over at speed. You will likely need GRPs to get above 70mph.

Thank you very much man I'm definitely going for it!! Yea I know ur right, I was talking about this the other day! To put GRP'S on tho I will need some square hex adapters right?? Or what because I know they don't make them in 24MM so I have been trying to figure out how to do it and my LHS said square hex adapters is most likely what I will need?? @jondilly1974

Thank you very much man I'm definitely going for it!! Yea I know ur right, I was talking about this the other day! To put GRP'S on tho I will need some square hex adapters right?? Or what because I know they don't make them in 24MM so I have been trying to figure out how to do it and my LHS said square hex adapters is most likely what I will need?? @jondilly1974
I don’t own an 8S rig so I’m unsure if there are square adapters made for it already or not. I would ask M2C and EM Performance if they plan on making any.

I don’t own an 8S rig so I’m unsure if there are square adapters made for it already or not. I would ask M2C and EM Performance if they plan on making any.
Oh ok then I did reach out to someone at justbashrc who is currently trying to help me out but I appreciate the info man!

I think I have seen a 101mph 12s kraton on youtube. Not MT on road tires.
Yea, I know its possible and that's what I'm aiming for but the only problem I have is getting smaller tires to fit on my kraton smh ? that's the problem I have right now and having to get two new 6S batteries its only running on 8S right now. Do you have any suggestions on tires? I want to run GRP'S but I'm having a hard time finding the wide adapters or whatever to be able to use them! It sucks lol I didn't realize all of these issues with finding smaller tires that fit that are good!

Going beyond 70mph on these large scale RCs is tuff!
I did 72.5 mph with the X-Maxx using the MadMax wheels and added Kevlar belting to the tires.

I believe to go much faster you would likely need to get ahold of Rick at GoneBananas to get some custom foams made.
Shortly after the truck passes by you will see it pulled a short wheelie. This was with the front shocks strapped down. A 30 lbs RC crash as 70+ is an expensive repair ;)

Going beyond 70mph on these large scale RCs is tuff!
I did 72.5 mph with the X-Maxx using the MadMax wheels and added Kevlar belting to the tires.

I believe to go much faster you would likely need to get ahold of Rick at GoneBananas to get some custom foams made.

Yea I'm familiar with gone bananas and already reached out to him and he is going to get back to me on tires and price but thank you! I seen an Xmaxx that made 91MPH and the the dude wrecked it lol but you can get more speed put of it that's for sure! So good luck man!
Not sure. A buddy of mine is building the same tho. I'll ask him. Meanwhile...

I'd ask this dude for sure on 8s you should get where you want to be.
This is the video I seen and was like damn on 8S he got that wow that's ridiculous lol I had no idea you could get that type of speed on 8S I'm a little upset that I converted to 12S thinking that would be the only way to break 100MPH lmao boy was I ever wrong SMH but I mean I'm happy at the same time because if he got that on an 8S then I can only imagine what I will end up getting on full 12S with the right street tires lol! I can not wait to find out! But thank you for sure I will reach out to him and ask!

Yea I'm familiar with gone bananas and already reached out to him and he is going to get back to me on tires and price but thank you! I seen an Xmaxx that made 91MPH and the the dude wrecked it lol but you can get more speed put of it that's for sure! So good luck man!

I did that years ago, and sold that RC. Now I only speed run road cars like the 1/7 Arrma's and custom 1/10 4tec 2.0.
Happy to provide any guidance along the way if you have questions though. I have learned a great deal about motors, ESCs, Batteries, and cooling along the way.

Ok awesome thank you very much! I have some questions yes, I am trying to find some good street tires for speed runs. I want to get some GRP'S but the problem i have is finding wide adapters for them to fit!? Do you have any suggestions on that or even on tires that I could get that are good enough that don't need adapters or minimal modifications like drilling them to the right size (which i can do no problem) ??

Ok awesome thank you very much! I have some questions yes, I am trying to find some good street tires for speed runs. I want to get some GRP'S but the problem i have is finding wide adapters for them to fit!? Do you have any suggestions on that or even on tires that I could get that are good enough that don't need adapters or minimal modifications like drilling them to the right size (which i can do no problem) ??
Tires are the biggest obstacle for the 1/5 scale RC cars. This was the reason I abandoned the XMaxx speed running.
You literally only have one option which is gone Bananas. I had spoke with John at John's BSR Racing and he was too busy to make me custom tires. I doubt much has changed since several years ago.

Last edited:
Soo is that splitter a repurpased spoiler?
Yes and I would venture to say it is not a splitter at all by my definition of how a splitter is setup.

I honestly don't think such a thing helps on a RC like this. It only add more aerodynamic drag.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back