My next buy: Rlaarlo Omni Terminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://rlaarlo.com/pages/rlaarlo-omni-terminator

I’ve no experience with this company but I’ve watched a few reviews. The roller seems like my way to go.

Your thoughts and feedback?
Wow what an impressive price point 👏👏 The only thing that keeps me hesitant about these newer upstart companies is product support. With Arrma for example, I can go on Amazon and have replacement parts at my door the next day. And since the closest hobby shop to me is about 45 minutes away, Amazon is typically my go to. That roller sure does look awesome tho! But for $30 more you can get electronics, which is also a smokin deal. You can run it with the stock electronics and see how it performs, perhaps they're pretty good. However, the stock ESC is only 60A, which kinda sucks. The truck looks to be about 16 inches, or roughly 4 inches shorter than a Senton...it's probably really close to the size of the Granite.

Last edited:
Wow what an impressive price point 👏👏 The only thing that keeps me hesitant about these newer upstart companies is product support. With Arrma for example, I can go on Amazon and have replacement parts at my door the next day. And since the closest hobby shop to me is about 45 minutes away, Amazon is typically my go to. That roller sure does look awesome tho!

True, but at one point Arrma was new too. Heck, after all these years, their customer support could STILL use lessons in how to correctly communicate with their clients.

I bought two Rlaarlo rollers, both AK917’s. I got a carbon roller on presale ($168.00!) and a metal chassis roller. The carbon roller turned into this:
IMG_2951.jpeg

It was a fun build. A few things worth noting, though. The optional sliding motor mount is a must, otherwise mesh adjustment must be made from the rear requiring partial removal of the rear frame. So buy the better mount. And then… The Rlaarlo pinions for 5mm shafts do not fit in their own upgraded motor mount! In addition, they were all shipped with grub screws that were too small for the pinions in the same package. 🤔
The positives were: many more of their alloy hop-up parts and carbon fibre shock towers already installed on the chassis and the chassis itself, which is really nice, but NOT anywhere near the quality of Scorched, Basher Queen, or other high end carbon. But hey, for $168.00…not too shabby.
And for the metal chassis roller? Cheaper both literally and figuratively. No alloy hop-up parts, a single center drive shaft (carbon roller has a two piece center shaft with a center carrier bearing support) and just an overall “cheesier” chassis. I’m upgrading it with the alloy hub carriers, two piece center shaft arrangement, etc, and will be running it on an indoor carpet track.
IMG_2917.jpeg

I’m waiting to get this one back on the bench to finish it.
So long story short, I think Rlaarlo is offering some really good bang for the buck cars given the price point, but if given the option spring for the extra $30.00 and get the carbon option.
I’ll be really interested to get your take on the off road rig, it looks really cool.
Also, Rlaarlo has already gotten much better with their ship times and customer service than they were at first. Parts and full cars are also available on Amazon under the Amoril brand. Weird, right?

I’ve no experience with this company but I’ve watched a few reviews. The roller seems like my way to go.

Pretty darn cool, I'd say. Looks tough, well built & thought out! I'd go for it. Only thing, free shipping over $200, & +$25 under. Might as well go for the complete one at $249 & get motor & all, if I read it all correctly.

I like it and have had it on my list, but it looks a bit small from the measurements, probably have to stick with 3s.... I am with you on the roller.

TRX Maxx & my Tekno MT410 are 22in long and supposedly 1/10 scale.... the Terminator is 16in and you have to stack the ESC on the motor for battery room.

This does make me wonder what the price of their upcoming 1/7 scale crawler will be. I think it won't be nearly as expensive as a comparable offering from say a Axial, Element, or Traxxas would cost.

What bothers me is the pictures they have are fake ones. The car is interesting but im going to wait til they release it and see them in action. I will pick the quantum 2 over it for now.

I like it and have had it on my list, but it looks a bit small from the measurements, probably have to stick with 3s.... I am with you on the roller.

TRX Maxx & my Tekno MT410 are 22in long and supposedly 1/10 scale.... the Terminator is 16in and you have to stack the ESC on the motor for battery room.

Near as I can tell it is like 1/12-1/14 scale like most of the "1/10" scale trucks on Amazon.

Gold truck is a Stampede, the one with no rear end is one of the Amazon "1/10" scale trucks, buggy is 1/14.

1706385009135.png

Near as I can tell it is like 1/12-1/14 scale like most of the "1/10" scale trucks on Amazon.

Gold truck is a Stampede, the one with no rear end is one of the Amazon "1/10" scale trucks, buggy is 1/14.

View attachment 345051
Well that kinda sucks 😕

Hard to gauge from info on the site. Tires are 104mm, so roughly 4.10” and wheelbase of 10 in. but cannot tell the scale based on this alone.

I'm torn between getting the Omni Terminator or a Granite. Quantum 2 or Vortek or MT10 are also possibilities . I really don't know which one to go with.

Terminator would be perfect if it was a little larger. The price is fantastic.

Quantum and MT10 seem pretty great. Not as quick as the Granite, though. Quantum saved some cash.

I'm worried if I get a Granite or Vortek, a new version will come out shortly after. But they are so sweet.

Making a decision is rough

I'm torn between getting the Omni Terminator or a Granite. Quantum 2 or Vortek or MT10 are also possibilities . I really don't know which one to go with.

Quantum and MT10 seem pretty great. Not as quick as the Granite, though. Quantum saved some cash.

I'm worried if I get a Granite or Vortek, a new version will come out shortly after. But they are so sweet.

The MT10 is widely accepted as the best 1/10 basher for the money. The Omni-Terminator looks great but will be much smaller and is unproven.

Complicating things though are some pretty good deals via coupon that drop Arrma's 4s lineup to $360 or so.

Put a bigger pinion on the quantum2. It might become a popular truck in a little while.

I appreciate all the replies. I'm new to this so you guys all know more about these trucks than I do. Thank you for any and all opinions.

Back