My next buy: Rlaarlo Omni Terminator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I'm also considering an MT10 brushed and converting it to brushless later. I would consider the Granite brushed, too, but I'm leaning toward the MT10 because of the center differential.

Do you think the slipper on the Quantum 2 is that much of a step down from the center differential on the MT10? Or ist it no big deal?
The mt10 is definetly better but more expensive. Hpi might offer a center diff on the quantum2. But the slipper seems well made unlike the arrma ones that have a extremly 9dd design to it. The quantum 2 seems to use a clutch similar to the ones who are used for racing. Depends how you see it to be honest. A center diff gives you more freedom. The quantum has straight CVDdogbone style axles all around vs plastic on the mt10 tho. Each has their positives and negatives. One being the price of the quantum who is cheaper

Only a few more days until pre-orders for the Terminator are live and I'm still undecided. How long do you think the presale prices will last? Will it be a thing where you need to buy quickly to get one? Or will they have that price for awhile? I'd really like to see some reviews of the Terminator before taking the plunge, but will it be too late to get that pricing when reviews hit?

Really stuck between this, the Quantum 2, or splurge on the MT10.

Also have the 917 and as @Dan B. said you have to rejigger a few things along the way. It's and adventure but that's what the hobby is about. Is it Arrma quality, no but they also didn't go crazy with threadlock either.

I really like that Rlaarlo has a roller options. That's not common to have an RTR and a roller, both reasonably priced.

Only a few more days until pre-orders for the Terminator are live and I'm still undecided. How long do you think the presale prices will last? Will it be a thing where you need to buy quickly to get one? Or will they have that price for awhile? I'd really like to see some reviews of the Terminator before taking the plunge, but will it be too late to get that pricing when reviews hit?

Really stuck between this, the Quantum 2, or splurge on the MT10.
Well, Tower Hobbies made my decision for me. I was leaning toward the Maverick after seeing the Omni Terminator reviews on YouTube. But the MT10 brushed on sale for $179 is a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan on going brushless quickly. I need to do some research to see if there is a inexpensive but quality brushless motor and ESC combo on AliExpress, or on sale somewhere else. I'm pumped.

Well, Tower Hobbies made my decision for me. I was leaning toward the Maverick after seeing the Omni Terminator reviews on YouTube. But the MT10 brushed on sale for $179 is a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan on going brushless quickly. I need to do some research to see if there is a inexpensive but quality brushless motor and ESC combo on AliExpress, or on sale somewhere else. I'm pumped.
Smart move 👍

Inexpensive and quality tend be opposite directions.

HW has some good combos and they are less expensive than a lot of brands, but they aren't going to be Ali cheap. Keep en eye out on the sales.

so my bro is set on getting a terminator. To us young 'un's 260$ is a bit much. Is this a good buy you think? I wanna make sure my bro doesn't waste all his hard earned $$$.
like said before the MT10 is on sale, and a good brushless isn't much, that a better way to go?

so my bro is set on getting a terminator. To us young 'un's 260$ is a bit much. Is this a good buy you think? I wanna make sure my bro doesn't waste all his hard earned $$$.
like said before the MT10 is on sale, and a good brushless isn't much, that a better way to go?
While it may not be exactly cheap, it isn't really that expensive either considering all you're getting. Yes it's a bit small, but none of the big boys (Losi, Arrma, Traxxas, etc.) offer anything comparable for the price. However, there are tons of the smaller Chinese brands with trucks that size in the same price bracket. With that said, if you get the MT10 and drop a decent brushless system in there, I'm sure it'll still end up cheaper than $260 for everything. Plus you'll get a true full size 1/10 MT. Look at just as many "reviews" of the MT10 as you do the Terminator...that should help you make the most informed decision.

To us old 'un's, we get the money thing too. Everything is nuts these days, freakin subway sandwiches are $9 for a 6".

I know that Rlaarlo is coming out strong and trying to are making a name. Just the opinion of some internet rando here, but I think until that truck is out in the wild for a bit, we won't know how good, or bad, it really is.

Can't say if either one is the right buy. Everyone is unique and even though we can parameterize with specs, it's somewhat an emotional choice as well. It's ultimately his decision, but if it was me I would sit on it for a bit and see how I feel in a week or so.

Well, Tower Hobbies made my decision for me. I was leaning toward the Maverick after seeing the Omni Terminator reviews on YouTube. But the MT10 brushed on sale for $179 is a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan on going brushless quickly. I need to do some research to see if there is an inexpensive but quality brushless motor and ESC combo on AliExpress, or on sale somewhere else. I'm pumped.
The Rocket/Surpass combos on Ali are pretty hard to beat for the price, and most people have great luck with them.

The Rocket/Surpass combos on Ali are pretty hard to beat for the price, and most people have great luck with them.
Agreed. The Surpass motors have served me very well throughout the years. I'm actually on Ali now shopping for a combo to put into this truck.

Thanks guys. I'm brand new to this and don't know what's reliable or junk. I'll definitely look into rocket/surpass. I was also checking out Hobbywing ezrun and quicrun on there. Oh, and maybe spektrum firma on Amazon.

Well, Tower Hobbies made my decision for me. I was leaning toward the Maverick after seeing the Omni Terminator reviews on YouTube. But the MT10 brushed on sale for $179 is a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan on going brushless quickly. I need to do some research to see if there is an inexpensive but quality brushless motor and ESC combo on AliExpress, or on sale somewhere else. I'm pumped.
Yep just search up hobbywing 10bl120 the g2 is only 35 bucks with VDAY03 coupon

** on aliexprezs

** on aliexprezs
I'm new to this. Will that ESC work with other Hobbywing motors that aren't quicrun? Can I use an ezrun motor with it?

I'm new to this. Will that ESC work with other Hobbywing motors that aren't quicrun? Can I use an ezrun motor with it?
As long as they are with in the specification for each other, they should work. There might be that rare case where something doesn't but I can't think of one.

Spec is kv and volts. The sensors probably won't work.

Back