Need help identifying a chassis.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. 4x4-Mega
It looks like an older AE SC10 to me, but im not totally sure.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The hpi blitz had a very similar chassis to what's shown as well..👍

Edit: just looked.. not a blitz..

^^^
If TA, it would be marked as such.;)
SCT's originally debuted as a 2wd. Could be a SCT.
SCT's were originally stretched out 2wd Truggies. Someone made a custom SCT out of bin parts, created bodies, and it took off, and the rest was history.

Last edited:
Yea idk im just guessing from pics he's possibly buying this offline & want to kno exactly what it is so only pics he got is what he posted
Actually, someone else was looking at it on eBay, and, since i primarily run SCT's, and its listed as an SCT, he asked me if i knew what it was. Frankly, i have no clue. I don't run AE stuff, so i asked a guy i know who only owns AE stuff, and he pointed out why its not an AE (fixed links, different shock tower and bumper), so, i figured i would ask here.

Could be an old Thundertiger.

Could be an old Thundertiger.
That was going to be my guess too. Or maybe a Duratrax?

Also do note that the RC10 and SC10 platforms were copied by a lot of companies.

That was going to be my guess too. Or maybe a Duratrax?

Also do note that the RC10 and SC10 platforms were copied by a lot of companies.
I think the tell tale sign to identify it is by the shape of the side bumpers.
Almost looks like it could be close to a TLR drag car.
The rear SCT mud flaps shape could also be a give away

It's a team associate rc10. The box layout and battery tray is a giveaway. Just don't know what version.

Screenshot_20211018-194110_Chrome.jpg

I stand corrected. I might be wrong as well.

Take a picture of the rear flaps and the battery tray where it say rc10.com or something

It's a team associate rc10. The box layout and battery tray is a giveaway. Just don't know what version.

I stand corrected. I might be wrong as well.

Take a picture of the rear flaps and the battery tray where it say rc10.com or something
Its listed on eBay as an unknown SCT, and a guy i know was looking for a slider for a project when he came across it. Since my primary RC, and the ones i use the most are all SCT's (ok, so i have a minor (see major lol) obsession with them), he thought maybe i could identify it, and the closest i came to it was possibly an AE RC10, but then my resident AE expert pointed out that if it is, it is the cheapest AE ever built. I knew almost instantly what it wasnt, going back to the early 200's, and is a long list (HPI, early Arrma (before Hobbico closed), Kyosho, Duratrax, Team Durango, Racers Edge, Traxxas, Losi) as those i can identify pretty much instantly. I used to hang out at Walt's outside Syracuse, N.Y. pretty much every weekend watching the SCT's race, and checking out what was on the shelves.

I find it hard to believe there is no brand logo. If there is none, it can't be much of anything tbh.
TLR, TA and the major brands always had markings.(y)
Maybe an old Thundertiger. Or some off shoot brand.
If it is a TT , I would pass on it as far as buying it. How would you get parts for something obsolete or discontinuued? Unless you are building a Shelfqueen.:LOL:

I find it hard to believe there is no brand logo. If there is none, it can't be much of anything tbh.
If it is a TT , I would pass on it as far as buying it. How would you get parts for something obsolete or discontinuued? Unless you are building a Shelfqueen.:LOL:
Looks like a knockoff or clone from China it has philips screws all over the place.

That isnt always the case though. There were some well known vehicles that had very few (my Aarma Fury says Aarma on the front bumper and thats the only marking it has) to no markings, like my Racers Edge Pro2 and Team C TS2. The top three brands, Traxxas, AE and TLR marked their stuff, but there were a lot that didnt. Tamiya is another one that comes to mind that didnt mark their stuff.

Looks like a knockoff or clone from China it has philips screws all over the place.
A lot of the older stuff had philips screws. My first gen Aarma Fury has a mix of hex and philips, and every Tamiya i have has philips screws

That isnt always the case though. There were some well known vehicles that had very few (my Aarma Fury says Aarma on the front bumper and thats the only marking it has) to no markings, like my Racers Edge Pro2 and Team C TS2. The top three brands, Traxxas, AE and TLR marked their stuff, but there were a lot that didnt. Tamiya is another one that comes to mind that didnt mark their stuff.

A lot of the older stuff had philips screws. My first gen Aarma Fury has a mix of hex and philips, and every Tamiya i have has philips screws
My tamiya has Phillips along with the hpi blitz..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back