Need help with fan setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So it looks like I’ll need a fan most likely from what I’m reading. Going with a max5 and leopard 58113 motor with 33 or 34/39 gearing in my k8

Was looking at 2 different setups
https://amz.run/5pYQ
Which looks like 2 fans into 1 plug that connect into your receiver.

Or

https://www.amazon.com/Brushed-Brus...faf-48b7-ac43-79ac88420588&pd_rd_i=B0BM3VZNDZ

Which looks like I would need some sorta adapter to get a single plug from both fans that will connect to a 2s or 3s battery lead.

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated as I have no experience with fan amperage, bec’s or extra batteries to run accessories.

Simple snd easy is what I’m after. Although I wonder if it’s robbing power from your motor…?

And do those connections hook up to a battery lead? I honestly have no idea.

And do those connections hook up to a battery lead? I honestly have no idea.
Yea it looks like they give you a 2s and a 3s balance lead adapter. So you can plug them directly into the lipos balance connector.

Just don’t forget to unplug them after LVC or the fans will continue to drain your battery until it’s trashed.

So would I need some sorta adapter so the fans can run off 1 battery as opposed to 2 batteries?

And this dosent rob any power from the motor?
Nah man you're good. Most people use this method or plug the fans into the RX directly. Either way works fine. Fans use such a small amount of power its impossible to even notice it. Hell I have fans and tons of lights all in my rig connected to the RX and it will rip!!

By rx, do you mean reciever. Ox?

Edit: receiver box!

Last edited:
Just don’t forget to unplug them after LVC or the fans will continue to drain your battery until it’s trashed.
That has never been a problem for me.
While bashing, LVC is almost always kicking in when a throttle pull is getting too much and causes a voltage sag that activates LVC. I have LVC set on 3.4 volts. I stop when LVC kicks in and i drive the RC back to me slowly, to end the session. I carry the RC back to my car, while it's still turned on, to give the fans the chance to cool the motor and ESC. I turn the RC off before i put it in the trunk. Once at home, my batteries are usually still between 3.5 and 3.7 volts.

That has never been a problem for me.
While bashing, LVC is almost always kicking in when a throttle pull is getting too much and causes a voltage sag that activates LVC. I have LVC set on 3.4 volts. I stop when LVC kicks in and i drive the RC back to me slowly, to end the session. I carry the RC back to my car, while it's still turned on, to give the fans the chance to cool the motor and ESC. I turn the RC off before i put it in the trunk. Once at home, my batteries are usually still between 3.5 and 3.7 volts.
I only said this to prevent someone from forgetting to unplug them all together and allow them to get below 3v per cell.. If you are vigilant about it and are using them to cool stuff down and remember to unplug them that’s perfectly fine. Just don’t want anyone ruining their expensive packs. That’s all. 👍

I only said this to prevent someone from forgetting to unplug them all together and allow them to get below 3v per cell.. If you are vigilant about it and are using them to cool stuff down and remember to unplug them that’s perfectly fine. Just don’t want anyone ruining their expensive packs. That’s all. 👍
Good point.

Question on fitment. Did the OP put 40x40fans on his 56mm motor and have the body clear?
There are zero clearance issues with 8s arrma rigs. Even if you use the tall 40mm 12v fans it will still fit. :cool: (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back