Typhon New bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
Anyone ever replace the bearings in their Typhon? Going to be swapping mine out to some Fast Eddie's bearings over the next few days. Can't wait to install them.

did you go with the ceramic or the regular?
There are few use cases that even justify the extra cost of ceramic. Unless you want more maintenance and racing then the answer is almost always no when it comes to if you need ceramic or not.

Save yourself the money and get yourself a set of "regular" sealed TeamFastEddy bearings. Heck they are so inexpensive pick up a set or two. :D

There are few use cases that even justify the extra cost of ceramic. Unless you want more maintenance and racing then the answer is almost always no when it comes to if you need ceramic or not.

Save yourself the money and get yourself a set of "regular" sealed TeamFastEddy bearings. Heck they are so inexpensive pick up a set or two. :D

I hadn't looked at the pricing sheesh I looked at what was in each bearing kit, numbers are all the same, but they make it confusing instead of saying "fits all"

@WoodiE i'll be in Lex tomorrow, friday if you would be up to meet. I have a 2:20p appointment at cooper dr VA

I got the FastEddy sealed ones, too, after the stock ones wore out quickly...The FE ones are still going strong and showing no signs of breakdown after about 1.5 years (of abuse.)

how often do you remove the seals to clean and lube the bearings? or are these truly sealed and no need

Will you be racing said Typhon and cleaning and relubing the bearings after every race?
just a basher, hadn't looked at them before, wasn't aware of the price difference

I hadn't looked at the pricing sheesh I looked at what was in each bearing kit, numbers are all the same, but they make it confusing instead of saying "fits all"

@WoodiE i'll be in Lex tomorrow, friday if you would be up to meet. I have a 2:20p appointment at cooper dr VA
Aren't you going to be disappointed if you meet him and he doesn't look like this?
sheriff-woody-mascot-costume-adult-unisex.jpg

hahahahhaaa it could be worse @chevys10zr2003 been trying to meet up with him. I need to find some good places to play. Nothing around where I am except for flat land park here. I take my Summit down on the fork to play in the rocks and rough stuff, but that playground is more suited for crawlers and those that love mud and water. I know I have seen a nice skate board park somewhere in Lex I want to go back to, but can't remember where

are all 17mm wheel nuts the same thread pitch or do they vary between brands? I want to get some closed end wheel nuts

how often do you remove the seals to clean and lube the bearings? or are these truly sealed and no need
Well, I have not had to yet. I give em a look over when changing wheels and they always look new/unchanged and are still rolling butter smooth.
The stock ones had started squeaking, squealing, eventually grinding but my terrain is usually 99% bony gravel.

are all 17mm wheel nuts the same thread pitch or do they vary between brands? I want to get some closed end wheel nuts
Amain had some nice black ones from Tekno. I had some nice ones, too, but TBH it was not worth it. They got so beat up very quickly so I eventually went back to the stock open ones. Never have had any problems caused by the openness...

I'm booked solid this week buddy. In fact I'm going to try my hardest to dodge out of work a bit early so I can get some much needed stuff done. I'll hit you up soon and we'll meet up for sure!

Aren't you going to be disappointed if you meet him and he doesn't look like this?
sheriff-woody-mascot-costume-adult-unisex.jpg

Who said I don't look like that? ;)

I have an outcast and read somewhere on this forum to get the kraton fasteddy set instead of the outcast can anyone tell me why or why not?

I'm booked solid this week buddy. In fact I'm going to try my hardest to dodge out of work a bit early so I can get some much needed stuff done. I'll hit you up soon and we'll meet up for sure!

Who said I don't look like that? ;)
by then I should have my Typhon in and running. Need to get a list of some good places to go up around you, and bring a dirty basher and i'll take you to the fork

I have an outcast and read somewhere on this forum to get the kraton fasteddy set instead of the outcast can anyone tell me why or why not?
I'm not sure why either they both use the exact same bearings.

I went through three sets of FE bearings that did not last as long as the ones that came with my Typhon(v1). That was about 2 hours each on those thin big diameter hub bearings, they would not go past a couple track days.
I bought a set of Avid yellow sealed and have not blown one in many hours of running since.

I emailed fast Eddie's a couple times about different rigs the typhon and senton blx v3 and their response for typhon was they needed more info and the senton blx v3 was they didnt know what it was. Iv heard good things about their bearings but who ever responds to the emails was not knowledgeable in what they sell i guess, so i had to look elsewhere. But after a couple post on here maybe their lack of help might have been a good thing. But next time around maybe ill just take my chances.

I emailed fast Eddie's a couple times about different rigs the typhon and senton blx v3 and their response for typhon was they needed more info and the senton blx v3 was they didnt know what it was. Iv heard good things about their bearings but who ever responds to the emails was not knowledgeable in what they sell i guess, so i had to look elsewhere. But after a couple post on here maybe their lack of help might have been a good thing. But next time around maybe ill just take my chances.

The Senton BLX 3s bearings would be the same as the Senton Mega. I can’t speak to the Typhoon. Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back