New BLX spektrum motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lopes3d

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
What are they meant to feel like turning it feels quite notchy once it’s out the car. Reason took it out when pushing the car by hand centre shafts don’t turn because it’s so tight. This is a brand new out the box mojave. Can anyone confirm what these motors are meant to feel like?

What are they meant to feel like turning it feels quite notchy once it’s out the car. Reason took it out when pushing the car by hand centre shafts don’t turn because it’s so tight. This is a brand new out the box mojave. Can anyone confirm what these motors are meant to feel like?

That's normal for brushless motors.

Right just feels super tight when it’s in the car centre shafts don’t even spin. Is this just the mesh not set correctly?

That very well could be.

You have video of what your describing?
Difficult to gauge from just words..

That should help, I can get the paper in between and pull it out. But spin the tyres and nothing in the centre shafts

That should help, I can get the paper in between and pull it out. But spin the tyres and nothing in the centre shafts

You are over thinking..
Looks like your mesh is good.👍
That's all normal.

Put everything back together and roll the beast on the ground and go Bash it!!
That will 'loosen' up the stiffness. 😜

You are going to have a Blast!!! 💥👊

That’s the problem when on the ground it won’t roll! Wheels won’t rotate whatsoever
You are over thinking..
Looks like your mesh is good.👍
That's all normal.

Put everything back together and roll the beast on the ground and go Bash it!!
That will 'loosen' up the stiffness. 😜

You are going to have a Blast!!! 💥👊

That’s the problem when on the ground it won’t roll! Wheels won’t rotate whatsoever

From your quick video, the Front and Rear diffs looks to be nice and smooth.
The center diff makes the clicking sound like normal.

When you say wheels won't rotate..
Like by hand or when you actually try to drive it under power?

You are not going to turn the motor when you only spin one tire, it's going to diff out to the other side as it should. If you grab both tires and spin them at the same time, what happens other than it feeling notchy?

Hope this helps, the centre shafts will move if I spin back wheels and visa versa if I do the front. Not sure if the vid pics it up but all while centre shafts are moving the spur gear isn’t. The resistance whilst trying to push it is quite a lot and doesn’t rotate.

I don’t fancy plugging the batteries in to test it under load but may have to.

Hope this helps, the centre shafts will move if I spin back wheels and visa versa if I do the front. Not sure if the vid pics it up but all while centre shafts are moving the spur gear isn’t. The resistance whilst trying to push it is quite a lot and doesn’t rotate.

I don’t fancy plugging the batteries in to test it under load but may have to.
You are going to have to troubleshoot it, start taking away moving pieces in the drive train starting with the motor removal.

Does it roll freely with no binding after removing the motor or removing the pinion?

Think they could have installed one of the diffs in backwards at the china factory?

Yep
You are going to have to troubleshoot it, start taking away moving pieces in the drive train starting with the motor removal.

Does it roll freely with no binding after removing the motor or removing the pinion?

Think they could have installed one of the diffs in backwards at the china factory?
Yep completely free without motor, which led me to think it’s that. Going to give Modelsport a ring Monday see what they have to say.

Suppose that’s a possibility but for a RTR leaves a lot to be desired lol. I’ll give it a strip down over the coming days

Does the motor spin by hand? It should have a slight bit of resistance when you try to spin it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back