Kraton New Chassis brace coming from Tbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so common with Tbone. The QC is terrible. @Notorious J This is why I don't care for them.
I hear you @bicketybam, but the same can be said for many of the aftermarket companies that supply the rc hobby. I've had great luck with T-Bone, but never want to see an RPM part again. Some people like GPM, and some think it's garbage. Even Hot Racing has some hits and misses when it comes to certain parts. Break it down into three categories: quality/value of part, quality of after sales service, and integrity of an implied warranty. Not sure how many tic off all three boxes 100% of the time, but so far, @T-Bone Racing is definitely high up the list with me.

I hear you @bicketybam, but the same can be said for many of the aftermarket companies that supply the rc hobby. I've had great luck with T-Bone, but never want to see an RPM part again. Some people like GPM, and some think it's garbage. Even Hot Racing has some hits and misses when it comes to certain parts. Break it down into three categories: quality/value of part, quality of after sales service, and integrity of an implied warranty. Not sure how many tic off all three boxes 100% of the time, but so far, @T-Bone Racing is definitely high up the list with me.

I just can't get behind a company that sends out parts that are assembled wrong. Inexcusable. And they just throw crappy hardware in a bag and expect you to figure out what goes where. It's just a matter of time, Johnny! You'll see!

And they just throw crappy hardware in a bag and expect you to figure out what goes where.

Isn't that the norm?

This is going to arrive to me in a day or 2. It will be parts in a bag expecting me to figure it out.

ARRMA%20MOTOR%20MOUNT.jpg

Does that make it crappy?

Isn't that the norm?

This is going to arrive to me in a day or 2. It will be parts in a bag expecting me to figure it out.

ARRMA%20MOTOR%20MOUNT.jpg

Does that make it crappy?

I have no idea if what you bought is crap or not. All I can say is that t-bones hardware is junk and they don’t provide any assembly instructions. They had a video for the bumper I bought and it was missing the instructions for one of the pieces that they has subsequently added because there original design was ass. I had to puzzle it together. Is that standard? I don’t think so. Search the forums for similar stories. Then let me know if there any about an rpm products that was assembled backwards or had zero instructions.

Sounds to me like the company listened to feedback and made an improvement...you either watched an old video or they never made a new video for a small change or something simple to figure out. Doesn't make the company or product bad.

If you see a post about somebody talking about ill fitment, take that with a grain of salt because they may either be mixing various 3rd party products or just doing it wrong.

Zero instructions is pretty typical across many brands, hell many other hobbies as well. I've bought numerous parts costing over $1,000 for real cars that just come in a box. Sometimes it is just assumed no hand holding is needed.

Sounds to me like the company listened to feedback and made an improvement...you either watched an old video or they never made a new video for a small change or something simple to figure out. Doesn't make the company or product bad.

If you see a post about somebody talking about ill fitment, take that with a grain of salt because they may either be mixing various 3rd party products or just doing it wrong.

Zero instructions is pretty typical across many brands, hell many other hobbies as well. I've bought numerous parts costing over $1,000 for real cars that just come in a box. Sometimes it is just assumed no hand holding is needed.

Sounds to me like you got a personal issue with me because of my response to you in my Max10 thread. There is a thread here where as guy got a wheelie bar with the wheel on the wrong side. Cooter got a T2T brace where one of the ends was assembled upside down. There are threads about the Senton bumper where their design flat out doesn't work. The bumper I got had screw holes in the skid plate that needed to be recessed for a flat head screw and they weren't. Their response was for me to do it myself. You are arguing for the sake of arguing with me. Comparing 1:1 parts with RC parts is stupid. Apples and oranges. Stop with the passive aggressive comments.

Nothing passive aggressive about it. Just calling it as I see it, same as you. We just see differently.

As a person who recently came back to RC hobby after years of being out, I bought lots of upgrades for my Kraton. I HATE the tbone racing wheelie bar and in the first three runs it literally stripped out the screws on my rear diff case. Terrible design. They offered no support. Broke the front bumper a few batteries after that. My God is that thing a huge pita to disassemble when you need to pull out the diff. Compare that to the rpm bumper and it's no contest. I saw the new t2t and said F$&@ that, I knew it would be a billion screws to do any maintenance with. I wouldn't buy anything else from them, sorry to say.

I concede. I will not try to defend them any longer, but I will remain one of their customers. Different strokes I guess.

Many people get stuff from them that is actually assembled correctly. But there are several stories of wheels on wheelie bar/bumpers being on the wrong side or what cooter just had happen. I bought a bumper where none of the holes lined up. It's a role of the dice with them. I'm glad you haven't experienced the bad side yet.
I'm one of the lucky ones I'm 5 for 5 so far.

Nah- that would slow down transfer to the front, less force, less speed, less friction and heat...
Arrma/Horizon have been telling people that going above 100k in the center diff is the reason they are eating diffs.....

Wait they include instructions with car parts? Since when?

Arrma/Horizon have been telling people that going above 100k in the center diff is the reason they are eating diffs.....

Really? When have they said that?? You know how many people run more than 100k in the center. Like pretty much everyone.

Yea- I'd like to see that in writing as well. Which diff did they 'tell people about'?

What I said above, was in response to a post saying stiffer center diff fluid caused a front diff failure- but that would slow down transfer to the front, less force, less speed, less friction and heat.

Yes stiffer center diff fluid will work the center and rear more instead of the energy taking the easy path of spinning front airborne tires.

As a person who recently came back to RC hobby after years of being out, I bought lots of upgrades for my Kraton. I HATE the tbone racing wheelie bar and in the first three runs it literally stripped out the screws on my rear diff case. Terrible design. They offered no support. Broke the front bumper a few batteries after that. My God is that thing a huge pita to disassemble when you need to pull out the diff. Compare that to the rpm bumper and it's no contest. I saw the new t2t and said F$&@ that, I knew it would be a billion screws to do any maintenance with. I wouldn't buy anything else from them, sorry to say.
For me it is the opposite. I have had nothing but good luck with T-Bone Racing stuff. I have their bumpers on 4 of my rcs and I have only broken 1, that sign came out of nowhere I tell ya and tbr sent me a new one.

Rpm, where to start...........
Stampede front bumper lasted maybe 2 packs and broke in half.
Ecx Ruckus front a arm snapped off when it traction rolled.
Kraton front bumper lasted 2 packs and broke in half.
Rpm Outcast wing mount, again lasted 2 packs and one side snapped off. I'm on my 3rd Rpm wing mount.
Rpm Outcast rear a arms are cracking at the hinge pin bosses and the holes are super hogged out, my fronts are the same way huge holes in the hinge pin bosses, within 6 months of mild bashing.
Rpm basically told me to get bent whenever I tried to warranty anything.
20170430_105205.jpg
wy33PxL.jpg
65U7I1o.jpg
1AVwEap.jpg

Really? When have they said that?? You know how many people run more than 100k in the center. Like pretty much everyone.
The people on the Bookface said that was what they were told by Arrma/Horizon. Yeah I know right? I have 300k in mine and I know a lot of people running 1m just fine.

The people on the Bookface said that was what they were told by Arrma/Horizon. Yeah I know right? I have 300k in mine and I know a lot of people running 1m just fine.

Uuuuuuh. Ok, lol.

For me it is the opposite. I have had nothing but good luck with T-Bone Racing stuff. I have their bumpers on 4 of my rcs and I have only broken 1, that sign came out of nowhere I tell ya and tbr sent me a new one.

Rpm, where to start...........
Stampede front bumper lasted maybe 2 packs and broke in half.
Ecx Ruckus front a arm snapped off when it traction rolled.
Kraton front bumper lasted 2 packs and broke in half.
Rpm Outcast wing mount, again lasted 2 packs and one side snapped off. I'm on my 3rd Rpm wing mount.
Rpm Outcast rear a arms are cracking at the hinge pin bosses and the holes are super hogged out, my fronts are the same way huge holes in the hinge pin bosses, within 6 months of mild bashing.
Rpm basically told me to get bent whenever I tried to warranty anything.
View attachment 34306View attachment 34308View attachment 34309View attachment 34310

I'm not talking product quality. I am talking about them sending out defective parts or sh!t that was assembled by a 90 year old blind man. That's my issue with them. I had a bumper snap in half and they replaced it for me. No problem there.

Well, I finally got it back together, and did a test run. Front diff clicking! Time to dis-assemble, again. Front and rear diffs are still stock, so can't complain. Center has HR aluminum housing and 1M oil! Probably added to the front going out.
1mil? What, concrete too thin for ya?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back