New Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...But what about that leak that said Kraton 8s SC ? Wonder what that was about ? Did Arrma possibly build another one , larger and more to scale ?

Really!? I'd like to hear more about this if it's true...

Always! Who doesn't want easy access to the electronics, motor, ESC, ETC?.... Nothing I buy stays stock, ever. I had plans for this if I liked it enough but to have to literally remove 25 screws to get the lid off of is a total turn off for me.

There is an A$$ for every seat. This seat doesn't fit mine..
Most things you change from the bottom - not the top. You would change the ESC and receiver from the top. Everything else is from the bottom.

Most things you change from the bottom - not the top. You would change the ESC and receiver from the top. Everything else is from the bottom.

True.. I have an XLX2 with a 2028 and a stronger servo I wanted to drop in it. Maybe I'll come around but I'm not in love with SCT's to begin with let alone them screws MAN!

I went and looked at this thing right now at my lhs. You have to remove about 25 screws just to get the lid off...?

Big fat PASS for me....
Isn’t working on this stuff and having a few beers half the fun? It is for me. Lol.

Isn’t working on this stuff and having a few beers half the fun? It is for me. Lol.

Working on the parts that make a difference is, yes! But to have to work "to work" on the parts that make a difference is my problem. Maybe I'll get over it, maybe not. Drinking is overrated, its been 14 years for me, choice. Not a single sip.

If I do decide to buy one of these, things that will be GONE instantly:
All electronics
All stickers
All screw on fake accessories
Both mounted rear spare tires
All LED lights

Installed:
XLX2 2028
Servo
Futaba system
Both diffs and CD redone

That's all before I even drive the thing. Just the way I like to do business:cool:

Planning this one to be my next big rig... going to wait and see how the next month unfolds as the YouTubers get more run time under their belts and see what is breaking.

No? Why not? I think the stock can is bigger if not the same size.
I going off my Super Rock Rey.

Here is the stock motor and how much additional room there is for length. I came up with about 6mm. The stock can is somewhere around 85mm long. So *maybe* you squeeze in 91mm.
20201030_161837.jpg

My SRR certainly wouldn't fit this:

20201030_162016.jpg

Is that red can the stock spektrum 750kv motor?
Yessir. That's what came in my 1.0 Super Rock Rey. The issue is how the motor fits in a specific space. The 1.0 SRR and SBR shared the same chassis. I'm not sure what motor came in the 1.0 SBR but I doubt it was longer than what's in the SRR. And like I said, you got room for maybe 6 more mm and that's it. Maybe they redesigned this part though. The guys that have them would have to confirm.

Yessir. That's what came in my 1.0 Super Rock Rey. The issue is how the motor fits in a specific space. The 1.0 SRR and SBR shared the same chassis. I'm not sure what motor came in the 1.0 SBR but I doubt it was longer than what's in the SRR. And like I said, you got room for maybe 6 more mm and that's it. Maybe they redesigned this part though. The guys that have them would have to confirm.

Well that's that for now! :mad:

I was still looking for reasons to buy this thing and you shot it down:ROFLMAO:

Well that's that for now! :mad:

I was still looking for reasons to buy this thing and you shot it down:ROFLMAO:
I've double backfliped my SRR on the stock motor and the biggest pinion that will fit. It's as fast if not faster than my MMX8S/2028 Kraton 8S. I'm not sure you need a giant can like a 2028 in the SBR.

From what I've read in other forums, the reviews so far don't seem to be all that great with this truck. I'm still on the fence for buying this truck so I'm waiting for more reviews...

Also, according to one post, a guy says this about the yellow body stickers which is very interesting...

"Update, Horizon hobbies is sending me out a painted version of this body but they say it will not be available until December."

From what I've read in other forums, the reviews so far don't seem to be all that great with this truck. I'm still on the fence for buying this truck so I'm waiting for more reviews...

Also, according to one post, a guy says this about the yellow body stickers which is very interesting...

"Update, Horizon hobbies is sending me out a painted version of this body but they say it will not be available until December."
What did I miss?

I like this rig, but what about hauling around two more heavy wheels in the back? I’d probably take them off right away but then that defeats the cool look it has......
Do those spares act as an essential C of G balancing system? Isn’t weight something we all like to reduce as much as possible in our rigs within reason? Will it nose dive if the spares are taken off? What is the meaning of life?.....?

cheers,
Allison Chaynz

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back