New Notorious Owner What Do I NEED TO KNOW?

Arrma RC's
Notorious
yeah....duct tape will anything lol i will figure it out i am sure with time and MONEY..

Notorious J

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
Notorious
I run two 3s soft packs and the Velcro straps that the truck comes with are more than capable. Enjoy your new truck as I'm sure you will.

The bashist

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Granite, Kraton, Outcast, Talion, Typhon, BigRock 4x4
THANKS..........i would like to use 3s in the nortroius ...........because i can use them in some of my airplanes as long as there not to heavy...........thats why i was asking ..............felcro them together that should help with moving right? i am just trying to Learn this is new to me ...i am sure i will learn the hard way trail and ERROR
Don't forget to strap your balance leads in that funky double slot thingy lol, at the rear of the battery tray. It has a nifty rubber strap that holds them in there so they aren't dangling around while your bashing about. Free tip! 😉

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Don't forget to strap your balance leads in that funky double slot thingy lol, at the rear of the battery tray. It has a nifty rubber strap that holds them in there so they aren't dangling around while your bashing about. Free tip! 😉
A buddy of mine has a v2 talion that didn't have that feature. He also has ace lipo's that have a large balance plug holder thing so the user doesn't pull the plug off, but they wouldn't come close to fitting in the balance lead holder. With the extra weight of the plug, he had issues with the balance leads breaking due to flexing about all the time.

I run SMC packs and I usually just put both balance leads in the little holder as they are pretty deep. I have yet to have a battery fall out using the stock velcro only holding dual 2S packs and I've had some pretty gnarly crashes.

The bashist

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Arrma RC's
BigRock, Granite, Kraton, Outcast, Talion, Typhon, BigRock 4x4
I've actually never run any of my Arrma rigs on 4s. Never had a 6s slip even a little on me. Props to Arrma on a killer battery tray design. Imo

Arrma RC's
Notorious
what kind of diff should i use ........i see somethink about all brands are different.....is team good or mugen its more expensive from what i see i was going start 50k 100k 50k ...... i don't know what comes in it...... should i check it before i run it i don't know.... you done this a lot............... i have not i like to safe as sorry lol!

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
what kind of diff should i use ........i see somethink about all brands are different.....is team good or mugen its more expensive from what i see i was going start 50k 100k 50k ...... i don't know what comes in it...... should i check it before i run it i don't know.... you done this a lot............... i have not i like to safe as sorry lol!
I use team associated oils in my outcast, which is the same as the notorious, just a different body. It comes stock with 100K in the center, manual says 10k in the front/rear. Also, 1K (80wt) in the front/rear shocks. Maybe I should download the notorious manual just to make sure.

I'm 99% sure I'm running 100K in my front/rear, but may be 50K. I know I'm running 500K in the center. You might prefer lighter. With 500K, I don't get a ton of the front unloading when I'm on the throttle, but I do get some if I don't let off once the wheels are in the air.

EDIT:
Confirmed, the notorious manual has the same stuff for the outcast and it for the diffs and shocks.

Arrma RC's
Notorious
THANKS......i was just wondering some say they open then up and there is nothing in them ...i would think arrma would do better then that! i think i will look when get it in couple days....would not be good empty still not sure what size batteries will fit

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
My rear one had next to nothing in it. My front/rear had stuff in them, but they weren't what I'd call "full".

I used a small container/parts wash pan with naptha in it to dissolve the oil that was there and refilled them with what I wanted. So much easier and better than using paper towels and q-tips.