Typhon New on road tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on wat you will do onroad..

Speed runs - Hoons, LouiseRC GT Tarmac
Those are belted..

General onroad bashing - LouiseRC B-Rocket, Duratrax has the same tire.. don't know model name..

The belted buggy tires arent what you want when your planning on jumping the car.. Dampening the landing ia done bybyour shocks, but tire sidewalls also have a great part jn that.. And those belted tires don't have much of it..

Those are belted..

General onroad bashing - LouiseRC B-Rocket, Duratrax has the same tire.. don't know model name..

The belted buggy tires arent what you want when your planning on jumping the car.. Dampening the landing ia done bybyour shocks, but tire sidewalls also have a great part jn that.. And those belted tires don't have much of it..
Just speed runs

Those are belted..

How do I balance my tires so that they don’t wear out on the inside my rear tires are wearing out way quicker on the inside from the wheelies I been doing on concrete roads

Just speed runs

How do I balance my tires so that they don’t wear out on the inside my rear tires are wearing out way quicker on the inside from the wheelies I been doing on concrete roads

By adjusting the tie-rods.. If you make those longer.. The top side of the tire goes outwards.. So the contact part comes inwards..

Dunno if the 3s models have an adjustable tie-rod though..

Imo you need to adjust spring rate for camber during running, check toe in toe out also for wear
Screenshot_20200530_224357.jpg

These tie rods in the picture?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 60
Yeah those adjust the camber you will ideally need a rake angle from rear to front will a little more spring rate on the rear and a slight positive camber sitting still as it will pull in and down under squat, depends on your use but you can adjust travel of squat if need be with the use of stoppers in the shock shafts.

Just speed runs
(y)
Does the 3S have 17mm hexes?

I'd say GRP's for speed runs personally. Cheaper than the Hoon's by half and proven at high speeds.
They're available in various compounds from soft (S1) to hard (S7) so you should find something to suit the road you're running on/ambient temps. S5 compound is always a good middle ground to start with.

@GMballistic thanks man and yea they have 17mm hexes any website you recommend ordering them off of? I’ll probably go with the s5 in the middle you made a good point

You're welcome @arrmablx3s .
Can't really recommend any places for you to order from sorry as I am based in the UK so the sites/shops I use won't be any good for state side.

Maybe @joostin420 @jondilly1974 or @LibertyMKiii could point you in the right direction as they're all your side of the pond so to speak. :D;)

Two of my four LouseRC GT Tarmac tires delaminated from the mesh after about 10 street bash runs. It was 91 degrees out today and I think the heat did them in. They were pretty solid and wore well until today. I hope the set of Hoons I have fairs better.

@jondilly1974 how long do will the grp tires last? I read somewhere that they don’t last to long
Doing only speed runs I have had my S1 GRPs for nearly a year. They will wear very quickly as temps get hotter.

Previously mentioned J-Concepts wheels called Speed fangs.
They use a multipiece wheel (my concern is weight) but allows for a 12mm hex or 17mm hex bolting on the center section you need.
tires are supposed to be on part with GRP, but that is yet to be proven by the speed community.

1591220880406.png

Attachments

• 1591220880689.png
    1591220880689.png
    579.6 KB · Views: 53
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back