Kraton New person looking for advice...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried a toothpick to push the pin out, but it is in there pretty good. It just breaks the toothpick. I need to get the tools for it, the smallest screwdriver I have is just slightly too big.

I realized I could take the driveshaft out without getting the crossbar out. Unfortunately both the gear in the drive shaft and the one it connects with that goes to the back wheels are in perfect shape. I was hoping I would be lucky and that would be it, but it's deeper than that.

I don't know how novel of a suggestion it is,
But did you ever consider downloading the supposed included manual in PDF? That shouldn't burden your PC or your mind... or would it?
Perhaps even print it to paper so you can shut down your PC so you don't overload!

I have the manual, its just a quick start guide to using the car and shows you how to do a few things like adjust the spring clutch. I'm set now, I'm already watching videos of people working on 3S cars and other similar Arrma cars to get an idea of how things work with their cars. I am pretty sure once I get the pin on the crossbar off with the right tool I'll have the differential out in no time.

It's probably hard for most people to understand. Like I kept saying, this was all about having something to do in the real world away from the computer. I am 50, I was exactly the right age to be the first generation of kids that grew up with computers and computer games. I had a Franklin 1100 (Apple clone) in 1982. I have a medical condition that keeps me out of the sun, and a natural born obsession with simulation design and games. Those two things kept me in front of a computer for pretty much my entire life living in one "fake place" or another. When the car arrived I thought that was it... I could finally get away from the computer other than for communicating with people I know, and asking questions about the car I got stuck on. No instructions at all ruins that plan, but you never get everything you want. This will be easy with the information available on internet and the help I know a community like this is always willing to give. I just didn't want to do it that way. It's not a problem anymore, I accept that I am just going to have to use the internet for everything about the car. But that's OK... it's all about the car!

If you have kids... I really and truly am one of the most experienced gamers and simulation designers in the world. I am also among the first generation could live their lives mostly in front of a computer, and did. Don't allow your children to develop this habit. Make them do things in the real world. Most will never take it too the extreme I did, but even close too me is something anyone will regret when they are 50. Don't live in social media, web sites, forums, and games all of the time. Put down the smart phones, and don't spend too much time playing games.

If you do, you will find that your entire life was spent doing things that only ever existed in save files. It's all long gone... erased or in a trash dump somewhere on a hard drive... and even I have forotten almost all of what it was. It's not how you want your children to live, and its not how you want to live.

I know... it's crazy talk... that's why I call myself The Tin Foil Hat Prophet!

I have the manual, its just a quick start guide to using the car and shows you how to do a few things like adjust the spring clutch. I'm set now, I'm already watching videos of people working on 3S cars and other similar Arrma cars to get an idea of how things work with their cars. I am pretty sure once I get the pin on the crossbar off with the right tool I'll have the differential out in no time.

It's probably hard for most people to understand. Like I kept saying, this was all about having something to do in the real world away from the computer. I am 50, I was exactly the right age to be the first generation of kids that grew up with computers and computer games. I had a Franklin 1100 (Apple clone) in 1982. I have a medical condition that keeps me out of the sun, and a natural born obsession with simulation design and games. Those two things kept me in front of a computer for pretty much my entire life living in one "fake place" or another. When the car arrived I thought that was it... I could finally get away from the computer other than for communicating with people I know, and asking questions about the car I got stuck on. No instructions at all ruins that plan, but you never get everything you want. This will be easy with the information available on internet and the help I know a community like this is always willing to give. I just didn't want to do it that way. It's not a problem anymore, I accept that I am just going to have to use the internet for everything about the car. But that's OK... it's all about the car!

If you have kids... I really and truly am one of the most experienced gamers and simulation designers in the world. I am also among the first generation could live their lives mostly in front of a computer, and did. Don't allow your children to develop this habit. Make them do things in the real world. Most will never take it too the extreme I did, but even close too me is something anyone will regret when they are 50. Don't live in social media, web sites, forums, and games all of the time. Put down the smart phones, and don't spend too much time playing games.

If you do, you will find that your entire life was spent doing things that only ever existed in save files. It's all long gone... erased or in a trash dump somewhere on a hard drive... and even I have forotten almost all of what it was. It's not how you want your children to live, and its not how you want to live.

I know... it's crazy talk... that's why I call myself The Tin Foil Hat Prophet!
I got ya. Working on your rig is all muscle memory. Learn it and you will do it blind folded. That's where most of the satisfaction for me is in the hobby. Driving is part of it. But most time is cleaning and maintenance for that next run. Charging lipos is fun also, once you understand how they charge. That's a hobby unto itself for some.

Things to keep in mind:
Wear a helmet while using this vehicle. It's important to dumb down operation and regulate these vehicles for the safety of everyone. After all, new guys may want to buy a fast truck and safety first because people just can't manage on their own. Raise taxes and costs to compensate. /Sarcasm

We should take into consideration that if we make it easy for the beginner, the veterans may be turned off. Arrma are Pro RC vehicles even if they come RTR. Lot's of big spenders, the guys that love to modify to be original probably won't want to make it easier for the beginner. When it's approachable for everyone, it's no longer unique and I guarantee sales will show it. We can't make us all the same no matter what seems easier. It's what makes us here in the US or similar -motivated. We want to be original and we want to be challenged. No trophy for everyone.
Back in the day, we bought Chilton's manuals for full size vehicles to help the DIY guys. Many guys bought em and many had an idea of what to do already being HotRod enthusiasts. Chilton had a deal with manufacturers. Kinda like Brady Games created aftermarket gaming manuals.
I appreciate the Tin Foil Hat but no conspiracy. The company has done very well to allow for new guys and veterans alike and they mix well here at Arrma Forum.

Bickety: Don't allow your kids to play games all day long. Not for more than a few hours at a time. Don't let them binge, and don't let them play all day long. I was one of the first people to ever do this... don't let your children live in a fake world their entire lives. Make them live in the real world, too.

And the too the rest of you, put down your smart phones and "Do Something Real!"

The Tin Foil Hat Prophet
:)

PS Thanks Jondilly!

1*Ozk0XA5BBZhM6oPzeBVmUg.jpeg

Yes... the batteries are VERY confusing but I am already understanding them a little more. I followed planes for a long time, but the planes are very simple compared too the cars. I'm sure you people know that already, they are just box kites shaped like planes with servos and an engine. The cars are far more complex, a completely different thing, so even knowing planes pretty well as a long time follower almost doesn't help at all with cars.

The working on the cars, cleaning them... even taking them apart and completely overhauling and cleaning them... those are all parts of it I am looking forward too. I just got unlucky and broke one of the hardest things to get too first. If I do get it running again, because I don't actually have much money at all for the next few months, I am going to turn it down to 50% and keep it there and just spend the summer learning to drive precisely. It will be a little "boring", but is the actual first step here anyway and should keep the car in good shape until I am in a position to actually start doing fun stuff with it.

Oh, and Nino... I still like you. Everyone. I completely understand peoples reaction too me... put down your computers and do something real... that's another reason I call myself "The Tin Foil Hat Prophet" these days. Especially too the current generation, who can't imagine the thought of not staring into their smart phones all day long. They will regret that someday... "Do Something Real!" :)

Haha. I am on natural field terrain here, I needed something with monster tires and didn't have enough for a 6S. I am pretty sure I already know how to get the differential out once I have something small enough to push that pin out. I just didn't want to do it this way. The point had been to have real world instructions on paper and just mostly work it out myself, only coming here when I was just couldn't figure something out. If I had understood that, in reality, it's backwards from what everyone actually says because this community has a few things backwards, and a new person actually needs a kit car because only they come with instructions, I would have got a kit car.

But I already have this figured out, I just don't have a tool to do it. Hopefully when I get this fixed I can avoid internet by just practicing control and at slow/medium speed and just not breaking it again until I can afford to break it.

I had watched a lot of videos about cars for a couple months before getting one, so I already know a lot of the big video guys. You'll all probably think it's a little funny to know that the most concerning thing about trying to get this crossbar off tomorrow night is that Rich Duperbash told me "it's tricky" and wished me luck. That's actually pretty terrifying... but I think I'll manage to get the pin out. And even back in... Haha!

put down your computers and do something real... that's another reason I call myself "The Tin Foil Hat Prophet" these days. Especially too the current generation, who can't imagine the thought of not staring into their smart phones all day long. They will regret that someday... "Do Something Real!" :)

I started this hobby almost 20 years ago due to working on computers all day every day at work. Needed something to do that had a physical end result. I started with nitro... was 2 years before I found a forum and learned how badly I was doing things and why things were so difficult. I guess be glad your starting with electric. At least a few less things to ponder about.

I had a Nitro plane when I was a teenager for about 1.5 summers. A Goldberg trainer and SIG 4-Star. I crashed the 4-Star half way through the second summer and gave up after than because it was too expensive for me. That's what originally got me following RC stuff. When I first started looking at cars I looked at Nitro ones first because with the planes too me the fascination was always building a plane with an engine that could actually fly. I quickly realized with cars that I didn't care if it had a real engine, and electric would be so much easier.

I have already been thinking, actually, that if I wind up really getting into this like I am pretty sure I will, that I will eventually want one Nitro car just to have one to play with.

I had watched a lot of videos about cars for a couple months before getting one, so I already know a lot of the big video guys. You'll all probably think it's a little funny to know that the most concerning thing about trying to get this crossbar off tomorrow night is that Rich Duperbash told me "it's tricky" and wished me luck. That's actually pretty terrifying... but I think I'll manage to get the pin out. And even back in... Haha!
I tried to upload a short how to video, but it wouldn't ?. I retract the words tricky and "good luck". You got this my friend ?. Realize that joining parts sometimes stick a little bit and slight force is needed to slide the set pin laterally enough to remove the top brace. Do it once and you'll be a pro?. These rigs can be frustrating to learn initially, but the process is rewarding in the end. It forces you to think critically and adapt to overcome problems. Pictograms only go so far. These rigs are actually engineered fairly brilliantly. The deeper you dive into them, the more you'll understand and appreciate the design. PS, quality tools are worth their weight in gold?

That what I was wanting to do, just in a different way. I already watched some videos of people repairing different parts to see the equivalent of "how the modular cars come apart" so get the basics of them now... which should like be their commercial:)

I definitely need tools. I think my father's tool area will have everything or most of what I need, but it will be a day or two before I can get too that. Hopefully I have them tomorrow night. I think I can actually have the differential out in 30-45 minutes or so if I don't run into any problems along the way.

I was wanting to have to work on the car, but wasn't expecting it to have what seems like about the most deep problem it could have half way through the second day without ever jumping it. Even with the "stunts" I was doing it seemed like I wasn't putting it through much strain, and it was less then two days. It just seems exceptionally unlucky... so nothing has changed!

I'm still me!

Before I go to sleep, I realize I said some things about what has led me too this that I should clear up before people start writing a conspiracy theory around me, haha!

My father and stepfather just happened to die of old age during many other things that were going on over the last year. I am a simulation designer, not a programmer. The fundamental basis of "cyberspace" is simulation design, not programming. My version of it, at least, is in an infant form. It is does not actually exist, it is like a game design equation... like an "E=MC2" of simulation design. I call it "Rube" and had been talking about it among the game development community for about 4 years.

As you may be aware "Intelligence" is actually "Games & Intelligence"... I eventually discovered that what I had discovered had already been discovered by someone else years before I discovered it and, as I probably shouldn't have mentioned here, is classified. However, as far as I am aware it is simply a theoretical thing at this point for anyone, and not something anyone is yet capable of fully actually doing. The technology does not yet exist.

Oh... and saying I was "kidnapped tortured for 3 days" was a quick way of saying that I went through an ordeal that would actually take a lot of paragraphs to attempt to explain. I was not actually "tortured" or anything close too that, my world was simply turned upside down.

PS Because you might find this interesting, and because I had been saying it publicly for years on game dev sites, "Rube" is a "functioning simulation of a god". Not a functioning simulation of the God, because who knows how that works if it exists at all... but a functioning simulation of what some might perceive as how a god might function. Or... a REALLY good "God Game":)

Last edited:
Actually... for the sake of being entertaining... and because I am not allowed to speak on game industry sites because they can't tolerate the presence of professional simulation designers... Here's a tribute to JB "Chicken Farmer" Adams, the dumbest person in the game business!!!

He's also a fascist scumbag and a coward... but that's a separate issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back