Grom New release Arrma Granite Grom, mini basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look what followed me home. I need help.

Stopped at a pawnshop (imagine that) and what did they have? A Grom. Couldn't believe it. Then laughed at the price. 129.99. You can see it's dirty. Someone's ran it. Told a worker there that I can drive 4 blocks up the road to the LHS and pay that with a warranty. He left and came back. Said he could do 99.00. 30 bucks is 30 bucks. I can use that for the madness that will ensue. Lol.

It's not the green one. Oh well. But, the battery had juice so I tested it. The spur sounds a little growly. But the diffs felt smooth. Steering servo works and sounds good. Off to a great start. Sure I'll have questions.
20240121_145857.jpg

From the video, it looks like you have already got $100 worth of smiles out of lil' baby Grom today.... how big of an investment was the brushless mod?
Bought a slider without shocks for $70, got about ~$150 in it total after a bundle from AliXpress

IMG_1096.jpeg

Woohoo! I told you the madness would ensue. I was at the LHS about a week ago. One person was putting this system in his Granite Grom and another already had it in his Typhon Grom. The guy with the Typhon ran it in the parking lot. I was sold! He was there to get different tires. Looks ridiculous but, works. Lol.

20240329_180201.jpg

Unfortunately they were sold out. Just my luck. Lol. But, they transferred a couple from their other store. And I nabbed one today. They've sold 3 dozen of these already. Yeah, it's small but very capable and the price is hard to pass up. 2S and 3S ready. And program card. Can even use the stock pinion gear. Just grab a Hot Racing motor mount (10.00) and the sky is the limit. The ESC comes with a mini Tamiya plug. You will have to change it to whatever battery you want to run. Like none of us has done that before. Not an issue for me.
20240404_172552.jpg

They can be found on-line for a few bucks cheaper. But, shipping and tax. If you've got credits to a seller it might just be the bargain of the year.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...YIGYG3hxFMx9VDU-Fvmj1i39MO_a77RUaAnm3EALw_wcB

This should be fun. I'll le you know.

Woohoo! I told you the madness would ensue. I was at the LHS about a week ago. One person was putting this system in his Granite Grom and another already had it in his Typhon Grom. The guy with the Typhon ran it in the parking lot. I was sold! He was there to get different tires. Looks ridiculous but, works. Lol.

View attachment 358993

Unfortunately they were sold out. Just my luck. Lol. But, they transferred a couple from their other store. And I nabbed one today. They've sold 3 dozen of these already. Yeah, it's small but very capable and the price is hard to pass up. 2S and 3S ready. And program card. Can even use the stock pinion gear. Just grab a Hot Racing motor mount (10.00) and the sky is the limit. The ESC comes with a mini Tamiya plug. You will have to change it to whatever battery you want to run. Like none of us has done that before. Not an issue for me. View attachment 358996

They can be found on-line for a few bucks cheaper. But, shipping and tax. If you've got credits to a seller it might just be the bargain of the year.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hobbyw...YIGYG3hxFMx9VDU-Fvmj1i39MO_a77RUaAnm3EALw_wcB

This should be fun. I'll le you know.
What are the benefits of this system vs a 16bl30?

What are the benefits of this system vs a 16bl30?

Not sure there are any. Cost? I'm not looking to make mine stupid. Just want a little more speed. Probably going to run it on 2S anyway. Don't feel like tearing up the drive train. I have enough of those already. Lol.

Is it true that Spektrum batteries go in to storage after 72 hours? I have the 3300mah 2S Nimh hump battery that came with the Gorgon. I only have a S120 charger that came with it. Is this battery G2? How do you know it's G2? For all other batteries I got a Hota S6 but this battery doesn't have a balance connector, so I'm guessing only Spektrum chargers work on it.

they should have made a arrma grom brushless. I had the losi mini 8ight years ago and it was really fast on 3s

they should have made a arrma grom brushless. I had the losi mini 8ight years ago and it was really fast on 3s
I'm sure they will release a brushless version.

if they did I would have one :)
I don't know why they bother with brushed systems these days. Most people convert to brushless anyway. Apart from being able to sell to more budget concious customers.

Last edited:
Is it true that Spektrum batteries go in to storage after 72 hours? I have the 3300mah 2S Nimh hump battery that came with the Gorgon. I only have a S120 charger that came with it. Is this battery G2? How do you know it's G2? For all other batteries I got a Hota S6 but this battery doesn't have a balance connector, so I'm guessing only Spektrum chargers work on it.

You only have to worry about storage charging lipos. It's a nimh battery they don't have balance leads and will charge on any charger that can charge nimh batteries.

Ps that is a 7 cell nimh not a 2s no such things as 2s nimh pack.

I highly recommend that you do some research on the different types of batteries that are used in this hobby. https://www.eurorc.com/page/69/differences-between-nimh-and-lipo-batteries

Back