Grom New release Arrma Granite Grom, mini basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the Grom at a local shop and may pick one up. But first, dumb rookie question; Spektrum batteries only work with Spektrum chargers, correct? If so, how does one storage charge the battery that comes with the Grom? I guess I’m assuming the little charger it comes with doesn’t do storage charging?
The Spektrum batteries will self discharge after 72 hours.

You cannot charge Spektrum batteries on other chargers, unless they have a balance lead (which I don't think any of their newer batteries have). You can charge other brand batteries on your Spektrum charger. You cannot storage or discharge using the small USB charger that it and the Gorgon come with. My suggestion is stay away from Spektrum branded batteries and chargers. I started with the Spektrum charger and batteries, but if I could go back would skip them and go with Gens / CNHL etc.
Ok, sounds good. Thanks for the info.

I currently have a Gens D300, but wasn’t sure if it would charge the Spektrum batteries or not.
The Spektrum batteries will self discharge after 72 hours.
Good to know. Thank you.

You cannot charge Spektrum batteries on other chargers, unless they have a balance lead (which I don't think any of their newer batteries have). You can charge other brand batteries on your Spektrum charger. You cannot storage or discharge using the small USB charger that it and the Gorgon come with. My suggestion is stay away from Spektrum branded batteries and chargers. I started with the Spektrum charger and batteries, but if I could go back would skip them and go with Gens / CNHL etc.
Found the Grom at a local shop and may pick one up. But first, dumb rookie question; Spektrum batteries only work with Spektrum chargers, correct? If so, how does one storage charge the battery that comes with the Grom? I guess I’m assuming the little charger it comes with doesn’t do storage charging?
For some reason someone on the internet said these slowly bring themselves down to storage charge after a few days. I have one sitting that I’m going to check in a day or two and see if it’s budged any.

For some reason someone on the internet said these slowly bring themselves down to storage charge after a few days. I have one sitting that I’m going to check in a day or two and see if it’s budged any.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/7.4v-5000mah-2s-30c-smart-lipo-g2-hard-case-ic3/SPMX52S30H3.html

Smart G2 batteries come from the factory programmed to discharge automatically to a safe storage voltage of 3.90V after 72 hours of inactivity. The benefits include longer battery life, better performance over the life of the pack, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing your Smart battery is maintenance-free. You can change the battery's Auto Storage settings based on your own preferences. G2 batteries also offer a storage discharge rate that's three times faster than the previous G1 Smart batteries.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/product/7.4v-5000mah-2s-30c-smart-lipo-g2-hard-case-ic3/SPMX52S30H3.html

Smart G2 batteries come from the factory programmed to discharge automatically to a safe storage voltage of 3.90V after 72 hours of inactivity. The benefits include longer battery life, better performance over the life of the pack, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing your Smart battery is maintenance-free. You can change the battery's Auto Storage settings based on your own preferences. G2 batteries also offer a storage discharge rate that's three times faster than the previous G1 Smart batteries.
And this is why they are so expensive. Great for kids and people with 1 or 2 cars. If you have a fleet your money is better spent on cheap brands or CNHL.
Alright how long till they release a typhon grom? I’d buy one in a heartbeat. Or a lwb grom.
I know someone said something about a LWB chassis being out, where you able to order it and was there a drive shaft to go with it?
Maybe I should wait until the LWB car comes out before I do a speed build.

And this is why they are so expensive. Great for kids and people with 1 or 2 cars. If you have a fleet your money is better spent on cheap brands or CNHL.

I know someone said something about a LWB chassis being out, where you able to order it and was there a drive shaft to go with it?
Maybe I should wait until the LWB car comes out before I do a speed build.

Arrma lists the Grom chassis as SWB insinuating there could be a LWB chassis coming soon.

I am ready to expand the mini fleet. I’ve got the brushless Grom handling ok for the most part. I am having some issues with the rear end wanting to come around when I lift off the throttle and give any steering input at all.

I am ready to expand the mini fleet. I’ve got the brushless Grom handling ok for the most part. I am having some issues with the rear end wanting to come around when I lift off the throttle and give any steering input at all.
Thicken up the diffs so they don’t unload as easily/quickly. The grease that comes in is probably around 2-500k viscosity

IMG_1056.jpeg

For funzies I swapped the the Grom and mini LMT tires. It kinda works.. the lmt tires fit perfectly on the front of the Grom but the back arms rub/hit the ribs of the lmt rims. The Grom tires fit fine on the lmt but are way too small and look ridiculous..

689F1172-76F2-4C26-A398-44A21546B4A6.jpeg
14FAB83C-89C0-4252-81BA-1DBDA10A686B.jpeg
E01A03DB-A615-4940-8BAA-203E09857CD2.jpeg
0606E7C7-A03F-4B28-8EF7-16BA4EA5AE0F.jpeg
B98CB836-D117-46BB-A999-3D624304067D.jpeg
A4A83638-A2F1-40B5-BF42-B107D161EC3F.jpeg
FC7D0BE5-9806-4029-99E1-D1B79BB4C308.jpeg
D07CC768-6A97-46A3-B31D-04A9EE90975F.jpeg
4E36A6A7-E0FF-4328-AB5C-1920DF247B42.jpeg

Really widens the Grom out though. Look pretty cool too.

Last edited:
My rear shock has been leaking since I bought it. Even tried rebuild it with green slime. Still leaks.. Figured I’d give these HR ones a shot. They come with extra springs and a bleeder screw in the caps. If I like em’ I’ll buy a set for the front.

E22874CA-180F-44FC-B75B-72FA1A43CB62.jpeg

I tell you what, these shocks are MINT!!! They come dry, no fluid in them. After taking them apart and adding some green slime and 30wt oil, these babies are smooth!! Went with the medium springs that come pre installed. Almost went soft but felt a bit too soft. I’ll give another update after a good thrashing. And I’ll definitely be ordering another set for the front. As a matter of fact I’ll probably order them right now. 😉

As soon as you get them dialed in, I'll let you send me a set. 🤣
I tell you what, these shocks are MINT!!! They come dry, no fluid in them. After taking them apart and adding some green slime and 30wt oil, these babies are smooth!! Went with the medium springs that come pre installed. Almost went soft but felt a bit too soft. I’ll give another update after a good thrashing. And I’ll definitely be ordering another set for the front. As a matter of fact I’ll probably order them right now. 😉

Back