Typhon New TLR Annouced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does the super basher frontbumper fit the TLR Or no.... thanks
Untitled.png

The circled piece needs to be modified. I cut the ends off both sides while leaving the holes for the hinge pins? intact. Took 5 mins with a dremel but I'm slow and awkward. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

I think Arrma has invented a new demographic. No racer would use these electronics, and no basher who knows what's what would pick this over the typhon 6s. So Arrma is selling to all the "Rashers" out there.

Anyone want to self identify??
Ha yeah that's me! I take my typhoon down
I think Arrma has invented a new demographic. No racer would use these electronics, and no basher who knows what's what would pick this over the typhon 6s. So Arrma is selling to all the "Rashers" out there.

Anyone want to self identify??
Ha yeah that's me! I love taking my typhoon down to a rally Cross circuit , but not in competitions. It's more fun on 6s, though I've nothing to compare it to so don't know how a typhon on 6s would compare to a racer 4s.

So this is probably aimed at likes of me! I don't have much spare time, and only been in to rc for a year or two and still learning .... i would struggle to add electrics to the roller, and just want it to work. It'd be nice could then share my typhon spares.

Edit: I should add, I wish I knew of a 4s setup, that I could use on the track, that is as fast as my typoon 6s, but that I can use my arrma spares with.

Last edited:
Ha yeah that's me! I take my typhoon down

Ha yeah that's me! I love taking my typhoon down to a rally Cross circuit , but not in competitions. It's more fun on 6s, though I've nothing to compare it to so don't know how a typhon on 6s would compare to a racer 4s.

So this is probably aimed at likes of me! I don't have much spare time, and only been in to rc for a year or two and still learning .... i would struggle to add electrics to the roller, and just want it to work. It'd be nice could then share my typhon spares.

Edit: I should add, I wish I knew of a 4s setup, that I could use on the track, that is as fast as my typoon 6s, but that I can use my arrma spares with.

I run one of my Typhons with the included bigger pinion and it screams on 4s. I've got 300k oil in the centre diff to, this helps distribute the power. With the 16t stock pinion it's a little meh on 4s but with the 20t 'speed' pinion HUGE difference. And no overheating 👍🤣

I run one of my Typhons with the included bigger pinion and it screams on 4s. I've got 300k oil in the centre diff to, this helps distribute the power. With the 16t stock pinion it's a little meh on 4s but with the 20t 'speed' pinion HUGE difference. And no overheating 👍🤣
Thanks loads.. I will definitely give that a try!

Im brand spanking new to the hobby and just ordered one.. I did not have any electrnics or knowledge of how to install them and no radio ect. So this kinda fits my need of learning how to drive a "race buggy" at a reasonable cost compared to a kit and needing all the extras. If I enjoy the hobby and outgrow the rtr than i will invest the money in a roller or kit and better electronics. So i guess this may be geard towards novice, new to the hobby, people that want to feel like they have a "race" buggy and need a tough platform as there will be lots of tumbles lol

Im brand spanking new to the hobby and just ordered one.. I did not have any electrnics or knowledge of how to install them and no radio ect. So this kinda fits my need of learning how to drive a "race buggy" at a reasonable cost compared to a kit and needing all the extras. If I enjoy the hobby and outgrow the rtr than i will invest the money in a roller or kit and better electronics. So i guess this may be geard towards novice, new to the hobby, people that want to feel like they have a "race" buggy and need a tough platform as there will be lots of tumbles lol
In your case, this buggy is perfect. There are a few other rtr options as well but between Arrma tough and parts availability, I think you made a fine choice. Congrats!!😁👍

Racing at a local club race is more about tire choice and driving skill than anything. An arrma rtr is just as likely to win as the most expensive losi or associated

It seems like the biggest problem TLR pills from reading the threads are the front shock tower upper arm pills?
Interesting how some don't seem to have any issues and others have broken many. I am also impressed how well many TLR's held up after extreme bashing, that chassis and even the towers look extremely strong.

I wonder if this 3D design could be slightly modified to accommodate "better" 3dprinted replica's. TPU? Nylon? None of the pill inserts look like they would be a hard design.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6236034

It seems like the biggest problem TLR pills from reading the threads are the front shock tower upper arm pills?
Interesting how some don't seem to have any issues and others have broken many. I am also impressed how well many TLR's held up after extreme bashing, that chassis and even the towers look extremely strong.

I wonder if this 3D design could be slightly modified to accommodate "better" 3dprinted replica's. TPU? Nylon? None of the pill inserts look like they would be a hard design.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6236034
The pills have held up great on my TLR basher. I’ve printed them in TPU for my MT410.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back