Typhon New TLR Annouced

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Looks like a RTR with new body. Not impressed at this point.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...um=hero-banner&cp_campaign=preorder-incentive

$629.
1663851593380.png

Like the body design. I think we all knew this was coming. Just hope they keep the roller versions as well. Kraton EXB will be next to go along with the Talion & Outcast EXB RTR. $210 premium for the SPek150 combo, SLT3, & SR315 rec. Not a bad deal overall. They have to sell to the general population as well as the RC community. The general pop wants to take it out of the box, slap a battery in, and t-bone the nearest tree. It's good to have options.......just don't trash the rollers as most here on the forum prefer using their own electronics. Nice addition ARRMA!

So they bill it as a "tuned racing buggy" but then load it with 6S electronics instead of something lighter with a higher kv motor suited for 4S. Way to "innovate".
Right?! As if a racer would want electronics that they can't, and don't want to use🤣🤣

I wish people would give 1/8th RACE kits a try. They would be eye-bulgingly impressed. Most remove the stock electric crap anyway. Might as well build your race kit and install your own upgraded electronics. Race kits will last much longer and are made with beefed up parts already, they will outlast any RTR basher rig all day long.

I won't pretend to know what the actual difference between this and a Typhon 6s is, but for the money..?
I wish people would give 1/8th RACE kits a try. They would be eye-bulgingly impressed. Most remove the stock electric crap anyway. Might as well build your race kit and install your own upgraded electronics. Race kits will last much longer and are made with beefed up parts already, they will outlast any RTR basher rig all day long.
I'm still rockin an Xray xb8 EC (2007)..it hasn't been treated well either. It's a tank..a very nice, agile, tunable tank.

I think Arrma has invented a new demographic. No racer would use these electronics, and no basher who knows what's what would pick this over the typhon 6s. So Arrma is selling to all the "Rashers" out there.

Anyone want to self identify??

I think Arrma has invented a new demographic. No racer would use these electronics, and no basher who knows what's what would pick this over the typhon 6s. So Arrma is selling to all the "Rashers" out there.

Anyone want to self identify??
Yeah. This thing would not compete at a track. It is a basher. Why not make a Typhon EXB?

Yeah. This thing would not compete at a track. It is a basher. Why not make a Typhon EXB?
Perhaps HH is trying to make Losi feel significant? Nothing against Losi, just that they're kinda fading out..
Wouldn't these items effectively turn a 6s Typhon into a TLR Typhon?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220922-094102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220922-094102_Samsung Internet.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
One this is clear. The marketing department usually does not follow what we extremists like, but what the overall sales say and user feedback.
So far 95% of the new releases have been a hit and drive up sales.
Maybe it’s for the everyday guy that like the idea of a “race buggy”. Lol. Does not make much sense…..no one is actually racing the Typhon TLR as a RTR.
Nailed it!

Look at how many race tracks have been closed in the last 5 years....

One this is clear. The marketing department usually does not follow what we extremists like, but what the overall sales say and user feedback.
So far 95% of the new releases have been a hit and drive up sales.

Nailed it!

Look at how many race tracks have been closed in the last 5 years....
Yeah - I think that is the direction they want.

Not many companies offer what they call an electric "race buggy" as an RTR. This will solidify this market for Arrma - even if a true racer does not consider it "race worthy" at a competition level.

Overall it should be a nice addition to the lineup.
Agreed, hazing aside, the TLR typhon (roller) is on my wishlist. I do like the red,white and blue of this new release but the purple actually is the color I'd prefer. Also, the Losi anodizing is pretty sweet IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back