New traxxas maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just too much as a starting price
It's more durable than any 3s and 4s Arrma rigs. Plus it has a center diff. And it beat my Outcast 6s v3 and v4 K6s in durability , even with those rigs being upgraded
Makes me wish I had held off on buying a maxx... I put widemaxx on it and a 1/8th system in it before running it the first time. I didn't have it very long before I started running 6S in it. That extra inch of length would help tame it a little. It makes my outcast seem lethargic (which has a max6/4092 1650kv in it)!
Really? I have a Mojave EXB with a Max 6 and 1650kv HW motor 23t pinion. 47mph on high grass. It's a freaking BEAST. What gearing are you running on your Outcast? Outcast 6s??

Last edited:
It's more durable than any 3s and 4s Arrma rigs. Plus it has a center diff. And it beat my Outcast 6s v3 and v4 K6s in durability , even with those rigs being upgraded

Really? I have a Mojave EXB with a Max 6 and 1650kv HW motor 23t pinion. 47mph on high grass. It's a freaking BEAST. What gearing are you running on your Outcast? Outcast 6s??
Is it almost 300$ more durable??
My 6s trucks have the stock system on them just different pinions they both go 50mph+ kraton with 14 and outcast with 13t outcast gets uncontrolable if you Go too high

Is it almost 300$ more durable??
Umm yes. I've had to upgrade the crap out of my V3 Granite to make it decent and that ended up being expensive. I've got like $530+ into that thing and it's still not as good as a Maxx. None of the 3s Arrmas or 4s Armas are as good since the slipper clutch sucks. In the long run, you will spend those $300 on a 3s and 4s Arrma. And way more on the 6s line. Way more. Been there done that. I never had 4s Arrma, but from what I saw, they sucked. But I do have 3s and 6s ones. The EXB Mojave and 6s Typhon v3 have been excellent, so those are an exception. I did have to truggify my Typhon, which was like over $100 plus the price of the rig, plus shock towers from M2C, plus the front center driveshaft, plus the rear bulkhead, plus plus

Umm yes. I've had to upgrade the crap out of my V3 Granite to make it decent and that ended up being expensive. I've got like $530+ into that thing and it's still not as good as a Maxx. None of the 3s Arrmas or 4s Armas are as good since the slipper clutch sucks. In the long run, you will spend those $300 on a 3s and 4s Arrma. And way more on the 6s line. Way more. Been there done that. I never had 4s Arrma, but from what I saw, they sucked. But I do have 3s and 6s ones. The EXB Mojave and 6s Typhon v3 have been excellent, so those are an exception. I did have to truggify my Typhon, which was like over $100 plus the price of the rig, plus shock towers from M2C, plus the front center driveshaft, plus the rear bulkhead, plus plus
We both have different experiences then. M2c to me is just bling bling. I only have 2 m2c products on my whole fleet. A few set of diff outdrives And Hakerman plates. The 3s line needs shocks and a better motor plate. Clutch suck yes but if you do it correctly should last for ever. I still have the same pads on my k4s. 2 years old i just fliped the of sides time to time. I only jumped on the 6s line with the exbs wasnt going to burn my wallet. To me the RTR 6s is A waste of money for one reason.

The 6s Rtr diff the whole thing is a piece of garbage Everything exept the spider gears. I had one RTR diff on the front of my kraton til i got the warranty diff from horizon. A front diff the diff with the least stress. Result? Crown and sun gear lost a few chunks of metal the outdrives didnt want to come out of the holes they once went trough worst Part it sliced my fingers right open Trying to get it off. Even my hammer had trouble getting it out.

I overthink things I planifie my upgrades and install them before the truck first Run. “Fix it when it breaks” “upgrade when it fails”.
My kraton 4s was my rist rc car it was a mistake yes. But after 2 years i know what it needs to be bulletproof. Hot racing diff yokes For the rear (33$). A front bumper from a typhon 3s rear from tbone(20$) boiled arms(free)motor bearing(10$).

Optional 7075 motor plate why optional because when you have bumper on no matter hpw hard the crash even on concrete my motor mount who was bended back twice didnt bend again til this day. Knowing the k4s is just an overall inferior 3s truck then the 3s line with these upgrades become even more durable. I know a few guyS wHo torture their bigrock without any of the upgrades i mentioned and they are still going. One guy in particular Who loves his squeaky robots.

The only 3-4s arrma i now own is the vendetta the rest i sold because i had 6s trucks. Toys vs a machine to my eye. not because they were not durable. Just didnt give me the same level of adrenaline when bashing compared to the 6s trucks.

Last edited:
Humm, I'll have to see your driving skills;). Sounds odd you had that much of an issue with the Granite. My wife and I have hardly broken anything in the 3-ish years since owning our v1 Granite and BRCC. Well, she did break my hub, but thats because she was full throttle with her Granite and hit me :LOL: .

Humm, I'll have to see your driving skills;). Sounds odd you had that much of an issue with the Granite. My wife and I have hardly broken anything in the 3-ish years since owning our v1 Granite and BRCC. Well, she did break my hub, but thats because she was full throttle with her Granite and hit me :LOL: .
They were the same driving skills that the Maxx took way better. Tumbles, bad landings once in a while 🤷. Concrete jumping too.

They were the same driving skills that the Maxx took way better. Tumbles, bad landings once in a while 🤷. Concrete jumping too.

I can attest to the durability of the Maxx. I've seen it first hand.
After the Maxx first came out I was out bashing with my Arrmas and these 2 dudes show up with their box stock Traxxas Maxx trucks then proceeded to drive them like a 3 year old, running into everything, crashing off every jump and just other general shenanigans for a few hours. All that happened to them was the bodies came off every now and then and one guy lost his battery once. My 3s didn't even make it one pack before both the front a arms broke, I was actually landing jumps and not running into everything I saw. I also have hundreds of dollars in upgrades on my 3s Arrma.

After the Maxx first came out I was out bashing with my Arrmas and these 2 dudes show up with their box stock Traxxas Maxx trucks then proceeded to drive them like a 3 year old, running into everything, crashing off every jump and just other general shenanigans for a few hours. All that happened to them was the bodies came off every now and then and one guy lost his battery once. My 3s didn't even make it one pack before both the front a arms broke, I was actually landing jumps and not running into everything I saw. I also have hundreds of dollars in upgrades on my 3s Arrma.
That's what I'm talking about. I'm not saying that the Maxx is the best of the best. But when it comes to durability out of the box, it can take an insane amount of abuse. Yes it's not that stable, and it's expensive, but for bashing and jumping, it can do that very well. Not good for doing high speed cornering or going fast around a track. I regret selling the one that I upgraded with front aluminum c hubs, steering knuckles, captured hinge pins, and a Max 8. What did I buy later on? A problematic V3 Granite with weaker shocks, shock towers, control arms, motor blew up after a few runs, 14mm Hexes (that I had to convert to 17mm), weaker plastic spur gear, problematic slipper clutch, rear diff kept getting stripped so I had to upgrade that. I didn't have any of those issues with the Max. One of the dumbest decisions I've made 🤦🤦🤦🤦. If anyone is a hardcore basher and concrete jumper, and needs a smaller super durable rig, get yourself a Maxx V1 for $499 or the V2 for $569.

I have been thinking of selling my Typhon 3s to build a Kraton 6s EXB. The 3s line needs a complete redesign in terms of durability. They need to make an EXB 3s line.

Man 800$ canadian for a 1/9 scale? Made of plastic? I got an exb fully build for that price.
Plastic doesn't bend like the cheap 7075 EXB chassis. . My K8S EXB chassis didn't last long. M2C chassis is a true 7075.
I'm guessing $699.99. Ya, I'm not a huge Traxxas fan, BUT if it's as tough as it's older brother I may look into it. AND it's 4s...

This spring I want a new vehicle. top picks so far are new Maxx or Rival MT8 "depending on reviews". I'm hoping Arrma/Horizon gets their 4s :poop: together before then.
Just ordered a blue V2 Maxx. So I will be putting the Rival MT8 and the Maxx v2 head to head! My friend ordered one of too, but he is too nice with his RC vehicles 🤣🤣. Stand by......

Plastic doesn't bend like the cheap 7075 EXB chassis. . My K8S EXB chassis didn't last long. M2C chassis is a true 7075.

Just ordered a blue V2 Maxx. So I will be putting the Rival MT8 and the Maxx v2 head to head! My friend ordered one of too, but he is too nice with his RC vehicles 🤣🤣. Stand by......
I still have the original exb chassis on mine. It did bend a few times but it was because of the tower to tower brace. Since i removed it. It never bended again. The k8s exb chassi is junk i agree on that. But the 6s chassis are pretty good. The 8s i feel they just slapped 7075 to makes sales when its not truly 7075 maybe it is just not hardened at all wont suprise me to be honest. Plastic is a lot cheaper than metal to Produce. The ,axx being full plastic should be cheaper to make. Sure the pandemic raised the prices blah blah blashL the 3s arrma cars were at 300$ at the start maxx was 530$ the 4s line was 400$. Maxx being made of almost only plastic was 130$ more. The xmaxx is made of almost only plastic vs the outcast 8s has a lot of metal parts is listed at the same Price as the xmaxx. theres just no value to my eyes on traxxas products. They are all overpriced for what you get. A lot of people are saying the rival mt10 is the true durability king and its 230$ cheaper. Comes with metal diffs and a center diff i believe. 530$because it has metal diffs and clipless body. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

I dirt race a buddy with a v1 maxx with widemax kit. I have the v3 Big Rock. It's a complicated track with complicated grading that challenges the center of gravity on corners. We run very comparable to one another in terms of speed and handling. My vehicle was half the cost. Not much else to say about that.

I dirt race a buddy with a v1 maxx with widemax kit. I have the v3 Big Rock. It's a complicated track with complicated grading that challenges the center of gravity on corners. We run very comparable to one another in terms of speed and handling. My vehicle was half the cost. Not much else to say about that.
That probably means that your friend is a very good driver 👍

I'd actually expect the big rock to be faster. The maxx is about similar in overall speed but is much heavier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back