Arrma Kraton 4S vs Traxxas Maxx

Arrma Kraton 4S or Traxxas Maxx

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
I see a lot of people hating on Traxxas. I currently have a like new Arrma Kraton 4S in the classifieds section for sale or trade for Traxxas Maxx. What is better?

I love my truggies, even if the Maxx is ultimately more durable, it could never hang with a Kraton around a course, which is my "thing".

Personal preference. Kraton 4S drives better. Maxx is more durable.

I'd choose a Kraton 6S over either one.
Yep.

I had the same dilemma and ultimately went with the K4 (before they put in the center diff). Love this thing! It feels so floaty and lightweight to drive, sends jumps nice and clean, and it's overall a great truck. The K6 addresses all the shortcomings at the trade-off of a few more pounds, if you wanted to up the budget a little more.

Personally, I'd do neither and take the Kaiju or EXT when it goes sale for close to $330. 6s capable and dirt cheap spare parts. Pretty hard to beat for value. But I know that's not a common opinion around here ;)

Personally, I'd do neither and take the Kaiju or EXT when it goes sale for close to $330. 6s capable and dirt cheap spare parts. Pretty hard to beat for value. But I know that's not a common opinion around here ;)
Honestly, I think the Kaiju is better than the Maxx.. especially on sale in June for $330! My brother and I run Maxx vs Kaiju around a track. It's fun, yes they're both somewhat clumsy.. the Maxx steers a bit better, but at nearly double the price. I love my Kaiju, it's a perennial fav of mine.👍

Honestly, I think the Kaiju is better than the Maxx.. I love my Kaiju, it's a perennial fav of mine.👍
Perennial is such a grown up word...... were you an English major?

Not much love here for Redcat. Thank you for your honesty, though you will surely burn for your blasphemy. :)

Would someone be able to tell me the differences between these two Kaijus (aside from one looking waaay better than the other)? Is it a V1 & V2 typa deal?
1709147753985.png

1709147781316.png

Would someone be able to tell me the differences between these two Kaijus (aside from one looking waaay better than the other)? Is it a V1 & V2 typa deal?
View attachment 351462
View attachment 351463
Basically, the same exact thing, except one is longer. The only update (besides the obvious like tires/body/no bumper) on the EXT is a different motor mount, which is not backwards compatible with the OG kaiju. Same arms, hubs, diffs, chassis braces, towers, shocks, etc.

personally I have way more fun with the OG kaiju. The EXT does need a slight bit of work to get to the handling level you might expect from other trucks.

View attachment 351462
View attachment 351463
EXT is +51mm wheelbase. Revised motor mount(stronger). I actually like the looks of both. The rest is visible differences..

I converted my OG to EXT. The EXT still wheelies and backflips quite easily. I like the EXT for my use.

Basically, the same exact thing, except one is longer. The only update (besides the obvious like tires/body/no bumper) on the EXT is a different motor mount, which is not backwards compatible with the OG kaiju. Same arms, hubs, diffs, chassis braces, towers, shocks, etc.

personally I have way more fun with the OG kaiju. The EXT does need a slight bit of work to get to the handling level you might expect from other trucks.
EXT is +51mm wheelbase. Revised motor mount(stronger). I actually like the looks of both. The rest is visible differences..

I converted my OG to EXT. The EXT still wheelies and backflips quite easily. I like the EXT for my use.
Thank you guys. I must say, the EXT is a pretty sweet looking truck IMO! One of the few stock bodies I actually like.

Perennial is such a grown up word...... were you an English major?

Not much love here for Redcat. Thank you for your honesty, though you will surely burn for your blasphemy. :)
Ha! Idiot major is more like it! LOL
I understand where your coming from in regards to Redcat. I've been burned too.. I grabbed a Kaiju based on the mega-thread here and YT videos of it back in 2020. It's been a treat to own for me. I can't honestly recommend any other Redcat. Support from aftermarket is non existent, but I've managed to cobblepot some of my own remedies over the years to make the Kaiju more enjoyable and durable.
As to Kraton vs Maxx, well, the Kraton is the knife, the Maxx is the hammer, my analogy. Both seem good from what I've seen. Ah, just get both and call it done.😉😂🍻

I believe the Kaiju is the same as the TA MT8. Overseas I believe it’s team majic or something. Had my fair share of bad Redcat experiences. Over time I learn….no Redcat and no tequila. Only bad things happen after each.
streaking will ferrell GIF
will ferrell frank the tank GIF

Thank you guys. I must say, the EXT is a pretty sweet looking truck IMO! One of the few stock bodies I actually like.
Ha! Idiot major is more like it! LOL
I understand where your coming from in regards to Redcat. I've been burned too.. I grabbed a Kaiju based on the mega-thread here and YT videos of it back in 2020. It's been a treat to own for me. I can't honestly recommend any other Redcat. Support from aftermarket is non existent, but I've managed to cobblepot some of my own remedies over the years to make the Kaiju more enjoyable and durable.
As to Kraton vs Maxx, well, the Kraton is the knife, the Maxx is the hammer, my analogy. Both seem good from what I've seen. Ah, just get both and call it done.😉😂🍻
The Kaiju is definitely more of a "built not bought" type of fun. There are very few bolt ons that make it mo better right out of the box. But I've had more fun designing things and learning about this truck as I've driven it than any other. I think knowair was very accurate in his description about cobblespotting some of the remedies. Some don't' have an industry solution. But they are addressable. That's no different though than say the 3s Arrma trucks, which (until very recently) there was no fix the terrible slipper clutch case, you just had to live with "hacks" to keep dirt out of the case, or on the 6s trucks and having to put c-clips under the servo saver spring to actually get decent steering.

Overall, no deal breakers for me.

Back