New traxxas maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing $699.99. Ya, I'm not a huge Traxxas fan, BUT if it's as tough as it's older brother I may look into it. AND it's 4s...

This spring I want a new vehicle. top picks so far are new Maxx or Rival MT8 "depending on reviews". I'm hoping Arrma/Horizon gets their 4s :poop: together before then.
I'm going to put those two against each other. Stand by for the video once I get the MT8 in my hands. My friend is buying the new Max 👍

Hate to admit it, but I like this one. Decisions, decisions.
Yeah my LHS will most likely have them available this Friday for $569
ESC, driveshafts and front c hubs were an issue for me with the original one. Bulkheads crack with time during heavy bashing too and the body got crumpled. Original one. Probably same issue here
$569 for an overall bigger Maxx isn't a bad price, imo.

Last edited:
I think that it sounds different than the original one that I had. For some reason I don't like the sound. The V1 sounded like a small Xmaxx. This one sounds different?

$199 for the truck. $799 for the special Traxxas battery and $399 for the special Traxxas charger
I have an Xmaxx and have never bought a Traxxas battery or charger. Way overpriced. Aftermarket stuff is better.

Do you have a channel on YT?
Yup.
https://youtube.com/c/joseCalderon1976
V1 model being discounted already. $75 difference if my friend gets the V2 at the LHS for $569
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/t...ruck-w-tqi-2-4ghz-radio-system-rock-and-roll/
Free shipping and no Taxes at that store :
Screenshot_20211209-114814_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
BTW my LHS Alamo City Hobby Shop is going to have the same sale for the V1. Widemaxx kit included for $499

Makes me wish I had held off on buying a maxx... I put widemaxx on it and a 1/8th system in it before running it the first time. I didn't have it very long before I started running 6S in it. That extra inch of length would help tame it a little. It makes my outcast seem lethargic (which has a max6/4092 1650kv in it)!

Kinda sucks for the v1 owners who had to pay 50$+ for the wide kit and now the chassis. So it went up from 530 to 570$
Not a bad price(For a traxxas standard) but high center of gravity chassis it still wont handle great.

Last edited:
$499 is a steal for the Maxx V1. I have put it through hell and haven't broken a single part. Seriously.
I did too. Once I started doing concrete landings the bulkheads started breaking though. Also my C hubs started breaking and my steering knuckles kept breaking where the hinge pin goes. I had to upgrade those parts to Aluminum. My ESC didn't last either. And the stock tires were not that good. I ripped one apart after a few runs. It was still way more durable than my V3 Granite for sure.

I did too. Once I started doing concrete landings the bulkheads started breaking though. Also my C hubs started breaking and my steering knuckles kept breaking where the hinge pin goes. I had to upgrade those parts to Aluminum. My ESC didn't last either. And the stock tires were not that good. I ripped one apart after a few runs. It was still way more durable than my V3 Granite for sure.
Gotta say I’m impressed that you were able to do so much damage 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back