New Traxxas Raptor R Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, you can f**k off, I’m a teenager working/wrenching on 8s and 6s rigs...
Same... But I'm not that mad about it🤣
Sure won't, plus I will continue to ride my pedal bike downhill at 30 mph hitting 35-foot jumps and blasting through rock gardens, in full gear cuz I like my head (it's pretty retarded anyway. lol).
Sounds like we have very similar interests... Lol

After watching the MSM review I will say that I really like the handling and driving characteristics of this thing. It's definitely not a basher though. I think Traxxas is trying to carve a new niche based on "scale" driving. It looks to drive and behave the same way a 1:1 Raptor would. This seems to be aimed at those more interested in a scale or realistic driving experience, as opposed to jumping and/or bashing.
I agree with this..! I have the TRX-4 2021 Bronco, and I didn't think I would like it nearly as much as I do. It's become one of my favorite crawlers in the fleet. By far the most well-rounded for sure and now functions as our base testing crawler for our tire reviews.

JC Hold 3.jpg

Traxxas is really kicking butt in this department, and it's a big wedge of the market. If we see this Raptor go on a holiday sale, I'll probably cave in and get one.

https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/trx-4-2021-bronco.html

Last edited:
Center diff, some Badlands MX28s, GTR shocks, King Headz motor mount and if Tekno makes their big bone center driveshaft for this it would be one hell of a basher. Not sure what you would be able to use for a body though.

I agree with this..! I have the TRX-4 2021 Bronco, and I didn't think I would like it nearly as much as I do. It's become one of my favorite crawlers in the fleet. By far the most well-rounded for sure and now functions as our base testing crawler for our tire reviews.

View attachment 313380

Traxxas is really kicking butt in this department, and it's a big wedge of the market. If we see this Raptor go on a holiday sale, I'll probably cave in and get one.

https://www.mojavevalleyrcadventures.com/trx-4-2021-bronco.html

I think a Bronco with that set up is going to be my winter build.

I haven’t paid a whole lot of attention to the videos so far about the new Traxxas Raptor, but I just watched a few and I’m kind of digging it. Would I choose it over the new Losi? I don’t know. If I had a track of my own, or one close by, I’d probably have both.

Producing these more for kids, seems they're targeting a higher volume sales market.

Teenagers aren’t wrenching on 6 cell rigs, they can only try and fix their social issues.

heyo. i happen to be in my teens. the only reason im not driving 6s rigs is money. that stuff just doesn't grow on trees.

so in other words.. this is not for kids. unless they are rich. i am not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back