Typhon New Typhon, should I return it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't understand droop... Droop is when lets say you hit a jump and your a arms go down cause they are just hanging there. That is droop. The rougher the terrain the more droop you should run. Just check out how much droop this Subaru is running! Woah

View attachment 51044

Droop is adjusted with the tire off and the arm hanging. You should use a droop gauge under the arm. Just watch a video of it on youtube or something...droop is easy. Its not like Ackerman or some crazy other dumb sh*t lol
Well then explain how I got my Typhon 6s to sit lower by tightening the droop screws? I’ve done it. The screw pushes against the chassis plate, which makes the lower arm sit higher. So instead of the lower arm having a downward angle towards the wheel, it is now flat or even slightly upward towards the wheel. If his left screw is 80% tight and the right is 20% tight, one side is going to be sitting a lot higher.

just set the droop so the shock doesn't pull itself apart. come on, its not splitting the atom...

if you want to slam your car low for speed running than yes you can do it with droop. ideally you want your cars suspension to have preload to soak up small bumps and keep your wheels in contact with the ground.

Well then explain how I got my Typhon 6s to sit lower by tightening the droop screws? I’ve done it. The screw pushes against the chassis plate, which makes the lower arm sit higher. So instead of the lower arm having a downward angle towards the wheel, it is now flat or even slightly upward towards the wheel. If his left screw is 80% tight and the right is 20% tight, one side is going to be sitting a lot higher.
It's ok man. You can put your shoes on the wrong foot but why would you.

Why guys, chill out. OP, yes Arrma's have aggressive front & rear toe, as well as rear camber. They also look wonky off the ground, but run it, if it drives straight, then you're fine until you learn a little more about suspension tuning. No, there's nothing wrong with your car.

To the others fighting about droop & ride height. Ask any "race" guy, droop screws are just there to take the weight of the arms/tires so your shock pistons don't have to. You set ride height by collars, and spring rates. Discussion over. ?

Why guys, chill out. OP, yes Arrma's have aggressive front & rear toe, as well as rear camber. They also look wonky off the ground, but run it, if it drives straight, then you're fine until you learn a little more about suspension tuning. No, there's nothing wrong with your car.

To the others fighting about droop & ride height. Ask any "race" guy, droop screws are just there to take the weight of the arms/tires so your shock pistons don't have to. You set ride height by collars, and spring rates. Discussion over. ?
Maybe I’m not making my point clear. I’m not telling him to adjust his ride height by adjusting the droop screws. I’m saying the factory COULD HAVE messed up and one of his droop screws COULD BE set too tight, which will make it ride lower on that side. It’s worth checking to see if the lower side has the screw tighter than the other. Why anyone has an issue with that is going to have to be explained.

One last noob question, am I supposed to set the ESC low voltage cutoff or does it come from factory like that?

One last noob question, am I supposed to set the ESC low voltage cutoff or does it come from factory like that?
It's set from the factory.

Programmable for settings like Brake %, Punch %? I use a Dynamite LED Program Card DYNS3005 plug it in through the ESC Fan jst power and you can set it all with the Program Card. In that sense?

Programmable for settings like Brake %, Punch %? I use a Dynamite LED Program Card DYNS3005 plug it in through the ESC Fan jst power and you can set it all with the Program Card. In that sense?
The LVC setting isn't programmable. You can set the other variables though (punch, brake, etc.).

The LVC setting isn't programmable. You can set the other variables though (punch, brake, etc.).
Has anyone tried to set the other variables with a field card? I’m sure it’s been attempted, right? I assume it doesn’t work.

Has anyone tried to set the other variables with a field card? I’m sure it’s been attempted, right? I assume it doesn’t work.
As far as I know, no card works. Or else their would be a lot of people changing their brake from only 50%. On my Max6 I run 87.5%, was running 100 w/ a negative sloped expo, but 87.5 is right where I like it.

The esc is "locked" (as they say) compared to standard HobbyWing. Some settings can be accessed with the card but not the full scope with the "rebranded" Arrma BLX
Hobby Wing cards (and I guess Dynamite ones) can access BLX also and the Redcat Hexfly but even the Hexfly ESC offers more control with a card.

The esc is "locked" (as they say) compared to standard HobbyWing. Some settings can be accessed with the card but not the full scope with the "rebranded" Arrma BLX
Hobby Wing cards (and I guess Dynamite ones) can access BLX also and the Redcat Hexfly but even the Hexfly ESC offers more control with a card.
Good to know. I was pretty sure y’all have tried ?

Hello all,

Just received my first Arrma Typhon v4 6s!!!!
Upon opening the box I notice that the front wheels were off (kinda like my Boston terrier eyes walleye). Also the back looks off

In addition to the front tires, I notice one side is higher than the other. Is it to compensate for the weight of the battery?

Should I return it and ask for a new one or is this normal and it just need adjustment (is it fixable or don't waste my time and exchange it)?

If it helps I order from Amazon Arrma official.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. I am so existed but don't want to touch it.

While everything is fixable and adjustable ,
Ultimately if your not happy with it it’s your Right to return it Un-Used of course..
and to be honest if it were mine I would.
I bought an Arrma Senton which I wasn’t happy with,decided to fiddle to see Wots wrong and broke stripped some screws half in half out, thanks too much threadlock?I had to Damage a Diff and a Drive Shaft and buy replacement screws to put it right , Just Send it back . ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back