New World Record

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adding to @Diem Turner 's comments there is a regulated RC speed run organization called ROSSA. They do their measurements with a specific set of speed traps that calculate the speed.
They are quite expensive and ROSSA only holds official events in Whales. Most of us in the US just run a GPS device. A few guys own traps, but never use them. You can run any GPS as long as you can verify its accuracy and shows valid data. We usually show that by pushing the car and showing the GPS picked up 1-2 mph and not 30 mph. Then zero it out and make the run, and show data after without cuts or edits in that part of the video.
So in Rossa they don't mind anyone here in the states setting records by the steps that are mentioned?
So in Rossa they don't mind anyone here in the states setting records by the steps that are mentioned?
I wounder those who go by a specific set of speed traps in Rossa since they are a RC speed run organization have any issues with us here in the states going by how we do it.

Last edited:

I wounder those who go by a specific set of speed traps in Rossa since they are a RC speed run organization have any issues with us here in the states going by how we do it.

If you want your data to be posted on the ROSSA list you have to use their method and the brand of traps they use. In some sort of method, you have to show the traps are spaced correctly. In general I would recommend reading their site and verify:

https://rossa.org.uk/

How about bright ass hot pink🤟😁👍
They say during the month of October real men wear pink maybe real rc cars wear pink to. Hey id do it.i personally love hot pink it's a beautiful color .with either white racing stripes or black I think it's nice for a RC car or even a truck.🤟😁👍

If you want your data to be posted on the ROSSA list you have to use their method and the brand of traps they use. In some sort of method, you have to show the traps are spaced correctly. In general I would recommend reading their site and verify:

https://rossa.org.uk/
Then all you'd need are the traps and a runway! How convenient is that?! :LOL:

I'm being droll. I think I'll stick to GNSS for now (at least until I can come up with a good explanation to the authorities as to why I've blocked off a public road).
I'm in the same boat. got to start painting my bodys bright colors .:stig:
What helps even more (even if you run in the daytime) is putting lights front/rear on your car. This has the additional benefit of opening your possibilities up to night running which can make roads that have too much traffic during the day viable options for running at night.

I'm being droll. I think I'll stick to GNSS for now (at least until I can come up with a good explanation to the authorities as to why I've blocked off a public road).

What helps even more (even if you run in the daytime) is putting lights front/rear on your car. This has the additional benefit of opening your possibilities up to night running which can make roads that have too much traffic during the day viable options for running at night.
I have RC lighthouse front. rear lights on my infraction & Hobao drag car work fine. I worry about wrecking at nite batteries become disconnected & what's left of a $1000 rig being lost

I have actually never done a speed pass in day light.i love doing them at night just because I have a lot of led lights on my rigs and I just love seeing the flash of lights pass by.and also for some weird reason I can focus better on how straight it goes by the lights.i know sounds weird but for me it works.ive had so many people stop and watch and they ask me what the heck is that lol.some have even said they thought it was a u.f.o ahahaha.🤟😁👍 I just love night time runs.even the sound of the motors and wind noise sound so much better at night.

Rossa doesn't recognize gps speeds for records, and neither does the Guiness Book. Records here are recognized by the rc fan base who know how much money, time and effort these people put in. It's bragging rights more than anything else. Some of the fastest people in rc have attempted to match their best at Rossa, and failed due to the conditions and surface at the event. But when they showed their gps speeds vs the trap speeds, they were almost always identical or off by less than one percent

I have actually never done a speed pass in day light.i love doing them at night just because I have a lot of led lights on my rigs and I just love seeing the flash of lights pass by.and also for some weird reason I can focus better on how straight it goes by the lights.i know sounds weird but for me it works.ive had so many people stop and watch and they ask me what the heck is that lol.some have even said they thought it was a u.f.o ahahaha.🤟😁👍 I just love night time runs.even the sound of the motors and wind noise sound so much better at night.
I do a lot of my passes on my street due to it being so long and very wide and it's a pretty quiet street.not much traffic since it's not a main road but it does lead in to one which I allways get worried that my breaks won't work one day and it's going to go right into it and God for bid someone runs it over but I have this old lady that lives in front of my house and she actually one day came out with a broom stick after my car .she said it's noisy and she couldn't watch her movie.lol.i said I'm sorry and I'll try to be more quiet.have a good night and she replied fk u ..wow I didn't know what to say .just stayed quiet and went back inside my house😁

I do a lot of my passes on my street due to it being so long and very wide and it's a pretty quiet street.not much traffic since it's not a main road but it does lead in to one which I allways get worried that my breaks won't work one day and it's going to go right into it and God for bid someone runs it over but I have this old lady that lives in front of my house and she actually one day came out with a broom stick after my car .she said it's noisy and she couldn't watch her movie.lol.i said I'm sorry and I'll try to be more quiet.have a good night and she replied fk u ..wow I didn't know what to say .just stayed quiet and went back inside m

I do a lot of my passes on my street due to it being so long and very wide and it's a pretty quiet street.not much traffic since it's not a main road but it does lead in to one which I allways get worried that my breaks won't work one day and it's going to go right into it and God for bid someone runs it over but I have this old lady that lives in front of my house and she actually one day came out with a broom stick after my car .she said it's noisy and she couldn't watch her movie.lol.i said I'm sorry and I'll try to be more quiet.have a good night and she replied fk u ..wow I didn't know what to say .just stayed quiet and went back inside my house😁
Not had a problem running cars most of the time I get guys asking questions and when I let them know the cost their girl says you not having one :LOL: but have had problems running my boats some eco-warrior always gets butt hurt but the random guys watching always help me out

Skip to the 6 minute mark of this video and watch Raz do a run at Rossa. GPS and traps show the exact same speed.

Skip to the 6 minute mark of this video and watch Raz do a run at Rossa. GPS and traps show the exact same speed.
Yeah GPS is way better.
The GNSS on the SKY RC is pretty amazing. I walked a 60 ft x 90 ft square in a big field and it was accurate measuring it.

The big downside to the traps is they can get hit or run over and might miss the peak speed of your run depending on placement. Plus the crazy cost (from memory they are in the $800-1800 price range).

Long live modern technology!!!

I think that they should.A record broken should be recognized by GWR.and RC community will support it.🤟😁👍
Not sure if you are aware but it costs over $700 to get a record established with Guinness, and if you want a person to show up in a lab coat that costs extra.
I am not aware that they care about speed traps from what I have seen, but you have to pay for that record. Sort of like paying to be part of the better business bureau $$$.

Not sure if you are aware but it costs over $700 to get a record established with Guinness, and if you want a person to show up in a lab coat that costs extra.
What?!? I would have guessed, at most, it would cost $50 to have them update the record (without sending the person) and if you want a plaque of it, $150 tops.

Its funny how some people like Raz working night and day to break world records than a guy I never heard of casually does 208mph(334kmh)
Keep in mind that Raz Schifrin is operating under carefully scrutinized conditions -- using photosensors and a carefully measured length of track to compute speed, etc.
This gentleman may have hit 208mph, but even a 5% error in the GPS measurement could put him below 200mph. We don't really have any way to know the accuracy of that measurement.

Not had a problem running cars most of the time I get guys asking questions and when I let them know the cost their girl says you not having one :LOL: but have had problems running my boats some eco-warrior always gets butt hurt but the random guys watching always help me out
Before I got back into RC cars for years all's I did was run my electric rc boats which I still do just not as much thanks to arrma got me hooked .I have 5 plus I started building my own from wood a few years back and never finished lol again thanks to arrma.sometimes when I go to the pond I have been told I was bothering the wild life and they would say the fish can't eat because I'm making to many waves.🤣 I honestly had the most confusing look on my face and just had no answer to give back .my first reaction was to flip out on them for even saying something that made no sense..when on the other side of the pond someone fishing was ripping out the insides of a bass he had caught and was destroying the fish just to get back his Walmart hook..lol don't say anything to him but yell at me for making a few splashes.i swear people these days make no sense..
I am not aware that they care about speed traps from what I have seen, but you have to pay for that record. Sort of like paying to be part of the better business bureau $$$.
Oh wow I did not know that .I just thought if a record was broken all you needed to do was report it .proove it and done deal..I thought tax payers payed for it.haahha🤣🤣 thank you @LibertyMKiii 🗽
Keep in mind that Raz Schifrin is operating under carefully scrutinized conditions -- using photosensors and a carefully measured length of track to compute speed, etc.
This gentleman may have hit 208mph, but even a 5% error in the GPS measurement could put him below 200mph. We don't really have any way to know the accuracy of that measurement.
This is exactly why I asked earlier if there was a certain procedure to check that person's gps or method of tracking the speed to see if it's rigged or correct..before someone can say they broke a speed record.yes we all expect people to be honest but sometimes some just want the fame and glory and being honest doesn't apply to them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back