No power to driveteain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubled603

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the rc addiction. I got a granite 3s blx last week and ran for the first time very shortly yesterday. Today I went to take it out again got ten minutes out of it and it stopped moving. I was doing a slow turn in some grass and it seems i may have broke something in the drivetrain. I still have power to steer the tires but no forward or backward momentum. I haven’t done any upgrades haven’t taken it apart nothing took it out of the box and charged the battery. Any input would be great thanks

When you give it throttle does the motor spin at all? Did you try recharging the battery? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in shortly.

When you give it throttle does the motor spin at all? Did you try recharging the battery? I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will probably chime in shortly.
I did try to recharge battery and it’s reading full on the charger. The motor doesn’t make any sound when hitting the throttle. I have complete steering and you can hear the fan on but no power to the drivetrain. I just checked all the u-joints and they seem fine all the tires spin when I spin the driveshaft

I did try to recharge battery and it’s reading full on the charger. The motor doesn’t make any sound when hitting the throttle. I have complete steering and you can hear the fan on but no power to the drivetrain. I just checked all the u-joints and they seem fine all the tires spin when I spin the driveshaft
i think it's a problem maybe with your wires from the esc to the motor, or the motor or esc burnt out, because if the motor is quiet, it's not running/moving.

Hey guys new to the rc addiction. I got a granite 3s blx last week and ran for the first time very shortly yesterday. Today I went to take it out again got ten minutes out of it and it stopped moving. I was doing a slow turn in some grass and it seems i may have broke something in the drivetrain. I still have power to steer the tires but no forward or backward momentum. I haven’t done any upgrades haven’t taken it apart nothing took it out of the box and charged the battery. Any input would be great thanks
i think it's a problem maybe with your wires from the esc to the motor, or the motor or esc burnt out, because if the motor is quiet, it's not running/moving.
When u turn esc on does it beep?any lights come on on esc??
No beeping but a blinking green light. Four blinks in a row
Four blinks then a pause

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 76
Then your problem is after esc.wires going to motor or motor.check motor shaft for play.motor bearings have been a problem for arrma
Is this something that’s always going to be a problem if that’s what it is? I got it on Wednesday and have used it for a total of twenty minutes. Haven’t jumped it, maxed speed out. I’ve just been trying to get the feel of it nothing crazy

I watched the video and tried it a couple times and still no luck. I went into that thread and saw the original author said he tried fifty times and no luck but tried the next day and it worked. I’ll keep messing with it through the weekend if no luck I’ll call and see if I can get a warranty seeing as I haven’t even had it a week. Thank you for your advice

Most likely something simple,if motor is bad you'll have to contact HH an they'll send you a new one.id got get a 30$ 3670-2850kv for truck anyway.more power,runs cooler in summer.then sell new motor.THATS IF MOTOR IS BAD..sorry for your luck

Most likely something simple,if motor is bad you'll have to contact HH an they'll send you a new one.id got get a 30$ 3670-2850kv for truck anyway.more power,runs cooler in summer.then sell new motor.THATS IF MOTOR IS BAD..sorry for your luck
I don’t think the motor is bad I tried the reset a few more times and it seemed like the truck was trying to lurch forward when I was doing the reset. I sent an email to HH yesterday. Do you recommend a company for that new motor? I looked up that number last night and got a bunch of different companies

Is this something that’s always going to be a problem if that’s what it is? I got it on Wednesday and have used it for a total of twenty minutes. Haven’t jumped it, maxed speed out. I’ve just been trying to get the feel of it nothing crazy

Where did you buy it? If a local hobby shop, take it to them and they will likely help you.

I bought it from arrma which is essentially through horizon hobby. The local hobby shop carries horizon hobby products but I don’t think I can get any warranties through them. Super frustrating

If lights on esc is working,but no beeps when you turn it on id say your motor is bad..THE BEEPS COME FROM THE MOTOR WHEN YOU TURN IT ON..every esc ive burnt up will smell burnt forever.if esc don't smell bad it should be good

If lights on esc is working,but no beeps when you turn it on id say your motor is bad..THE BEEPS COME FROM THE MOTOR WHEN YOU TURN IT ON..every esc ive burnt up will smell burnt forever.if esc don't smell bad it should be good
A couple videos I’ve watched recommend trying to reset by unplugging motor wires from the esc and when I do that I get a blinking red and green light with a beep and it seems the truck tries to lurch forward minimally then it goes back to green blinking lights. Nothing smells burnt up and I don’t think I had enough drive time to burn the motor up. I’ve only got about 20 minutes max drive time. Horizon Hobby support just emailed me back so hopefully I can swap out either motor or esc and be done with it

every esc ive burnt up will smell burnt forever.if esc don't smell bad it should be good
been there done that!
i burnt up my stock mega esc and i had to put it outside so it wouldn't stink up the house... even with it outside it still smelled like burnt electronics for like 4 days after it burnt up!! 😬

been there done that!
i burnt up my stock mega esc and i had to put it outside so it wouldn't stink up the house... even with it outside it still smelled like burnt electronics for like 4 days after it burnt up!! 😬
Haha well mine is still downstairs in the basement and the wife isn’t complaining about a bad smell if that tells you anything

Haha well mine is still downstairs in the basement and the wife isn’t complaining about a bad smell if that tells you anything
Thats $hitty,didn't really get to enjoy it before it broke. I've had really good luck with mine right outa the box.ive got 5 an never had to contact HH.im hard on um Too.most my damage was done from my own ignorance. I try all kinds of stupid $hit with mine..lol

Back