Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our next meetup is this weekend, May 7th!

Two news items!

First up, we have an official website now for our meetup/club! While it is still a bit of a work in progress, you can check it out at northernillinoisrc.com
We will still continue to use the awesome Arrma Forum for communications, trash talking, etc. The website is not intended to distract from the awesome community we already have here. The intent is to make us look more like an official club for potential conversations with the Village of Bloomingdale regarding the possibility of building a permanent track and to make flyers/advertisements that we can stick in our local hobby shops.

Second bit of news, we now have a computerized lap timing system for races! You will need to install a transponder in your car for you to be included in the results, see your lap times, etc. If you don't have a transponder, you can still race, no one will be excluded.

I've ordered a small set of transponders which will hopefully arrive this week before the meetup. If you'd like to see your lap times and be included in the computerized results, I will have 1 extra transponder available for purchase at the meetup. I'm not interested in making money here, so I'm selling it at cost for $35.95.

If you'd like to order your own transponder, you can do so here. I'd be happy to help organize a group buy if multiple people are interested. As you can see from the manufacturer's website, the more transponders you buy, the less they cost. A group buy would also help you save a few bucks on shipping.

Our next meetup is this weekend, May 7th!

Two news items!

First up, we have an official website now for our meetup/club! While it is still a bit of a work in progress, you can check it out at northernillinoisrc.com
We will still continue to use the awesome Arrma Forum for communications, trash talking, etc. The website is not intended to distract from the awesome community we already have here. The intent is to make us look more like an official club for potential conversations with the Village of Bloomingdale regarding the possibility of building a permanent track and to make flyers/advertisements that we can stick in our local hobby shops.

Second bit of news, we now have a computerized lap timing system for races! You will need to install a transponder in your car for you to be included in the results, see your lap times, etc. If you don't have a transponder, you can still race, no one will be excluded.

I've ordered a small set of transponders which will hopefully arrive this week before the meetup. If you'd like to see your lap times and be included in the computerized results, I will have 1 extra transponder available for purchase at the meetup. I'm not interested in making money here, so I'm selling it at cost for $35.95.

If you'd like to order your own transponder, you can do so here. I'd be happy to help organize a group buy if multiple people are interested. As you can see from the manufacturer's website, the more transponders you buy, the less they cost. A group buy would also help you save a few bucks on shipping.
Nice work Greg!

New SC body ready to install. For sunday, ty jennys rc 😁

20230428_192233.jpg

20230428_192304.jpg

Great day today! Perfect weather, a bit of racing, a bit of bashing, and some crashing!

I didn't spend any time on the ramp today, was it hungry? Did it kill any cars?
I broke a wheel on my Outcast 8s on the ramp. I'm not sure if that counts as killing a car though.

Fun day indeed! Getting the hang of the Kraton 6s. Actually landed a jump or two. The racetrack wasn't kind to my 22s steering though. The Mojave and an Infraction had a get together AFTER many people had left. Not sure how it didn't happen earlier with the good turnout.

My only jump damage was the tire on my Outcast. But that happened while I was mid-air so I’m not giving the ramp any credit for it 🤣

The infraction/mojave crash was intense. Loud. Still haven’t inspected it closely for a thorough damage report.

Getting there. K6 is good to go. DB pro is good to go. Some tweaks on the “new” TT pro and an upgrade to the 22s still are in the works.

I'll be there! Planning to bring:

DBXLE
Outcast 8S
Infraction 6S
Kraton 6S
Super Baja Rey
Brushed Slash
Man, I wanted to see your big rigs but my siblings are in town for the weekend. I still may head up if they have other plans for Sunday afternoon.

Thanks to everyone who came out on Sunday!

The ramp came hungry and left well fed! 4 new ticks were added to the counter!

20230709_181214.jpg

My Granite was one of the casualties
20230712_141518.jpg

I've pulled the racing results from last month and this month from the computer. I'm hoping to get the results posted by the end of the week.

Back