Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday October 9th 2pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZooKeeper

Quack!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Granite Mega
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Welcome to the Northern Illinois R/C Meetup!

We meet the second Sunday of every month at 2 PM. Anyone is welcome to join with any make, model, or fuel type of vehicle. Spectators are welcome as well - encourage your non-R/C friends to come check it out so they can see the fun they are missing.

We changed locations for the August meetup and have continued to receive positive feedback. We will continue to meet at Indian Lakes Open Space for the foreseeable future. Indian Lakes was formerly a golf course that permanently closed at the end of the 2016 golf season. The golf course is now maintained by the Village of Bloomingdale as an open green space, using the old golf cart paths as hiking and biking trails. There are two large grassy areas right next to the parking area for off road bashing, along with a large open parking area for street bashing. The street bash area does have some rough spots, I recommended you increase the ride height of your on road vehicles. The layout for the meetup is below.

RC Meetup - Indian Lakes.png

Street Bash Loop Direction
All cars need to go the same direction to avoid head-on collisions. All drivers need to communicate the track direction. Drivers can choose to change the track direction during the course of the meetup. Please communicate with all other drivers in the Loop Driver Area before changing directions so that everyone is aware.

DO
Bring any make, model, or fuel type of ground based R/C vehicle.

DO
Bring your family and friends.

DON’T
Bring your pets. No matter how well trained they are, there is always a possibility they can do something unpredictable, which could cause themselves or someone else to get hurt.

DON’T
Drive your R/C vehicle in the parking area. You may drive it to your bashing area of choice once you have left the parking area.

Vehicle Damage:
All collisions between R/C vehicles are considered no fault accidents. Collisions are an inevitable part of the hobby. No one is held responsible should damage occur to your R/C vehicle. Drive your R/C vehicle at your own risk.

Thread type
RC Track or Bash Spot
Type of Event
  1. Racing
  2. Bashing
Last edited:
I've made some minor changes to the meetup layout, please see the changes in the first post of this thread.
  • The parking area has been moved to be more centralized between the street loop and the off road area where the ramps are placed.
  • The street loop also won't be quite as wide - we'll shrink it down similar to how it was setup when we met at CoD. On the East side of the lot, there's a long rough patch. During the last meetup, I hit it with my Infraction, which made the car fly off the track going end over end, finally coming to a rest on the far side of the driveway on the East side.
If you are driving or spectating at the street loop, please stay in the blue area on the map. During the last meetup, everyone gathered near the exit of a turn on the street loop, a car lost control, and the car hit someone. The person was OK. Please do not stand near the turns, especially the exits.

The weather forecast for Sunday is looking good so far, currently predicted to be sunny with a high of 62. Hopefully we won't see any major changes in the forecast as we get closer.

Assuming I get my truck back from being repaired by the end of the week, I'll be brining the big ramp as usual. The "hump" will no longer make an appearance at the meetup. It was an interesting experiment, but no one really used it.

After a side conversation with @dure16, we're going to make an attempt at putting together an off road racing course in one of the grassy areas. It would be nice if we could make a dirt area, but I'm sure the Village wouldn't appreciate us ripping up their grass. If anyone has any cones, pipes, or other objects that can be used to mark out a course, please bring it along! The initial thought is to build the course on the hilly terrain of the golf course area that is just south of the parking lot.

perfect parking spot, less walking more RC time :ROFLMAO: , enjoy guys can't make it this month, see you all on Nov. meet up.

Thanks for the good times today.

I haven't taken anything apart yet, but I'm pretty sure my wife destroyed the diffs in the 3s Granite. She had some awesome jumps though in the ramp, especially for never practicing previously.

The day ended early for my Senton, the screw holding the shock to the rear A-arm pulled out, losing the pillow ball and causing the tire to run on the body. I think I really just need to ditch the bed liner body, it's too heavy and causes the majority of the handling and damage issues.

The Typhon and Infraction ran great though all day.

@kenyanr1 can you share a link to those Amazon cars you had? Both of my kids seemed to enjoy them, I may need to pick up one or two.

Yeah man that infraction was rollin hard! I’m having trouble copying the link for those mini rc’s so I’ll post a pic of car on the Amazon site. I’m still waiting to hear back from that Facebook group about possibly getting an additional discount code so you can get them cheaper. I’ll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks for the good times today.

I haven't taken anything apart yet, but I'm pretty sure my wife destroyed the diffs in the 3s Granite. She had some awesome jumps though in the ramp, especially for never practicing previously.

The day ended early for my Senton, the screw holding the shock to the rear A-arm pulled out, losing the pillow ball and causing the tire to run on the body. I think I really just need to ditch the bed liner body, it's too heavy and causes the majority of the handling and damage issues.

The Typhon and Infraction ran great though all day.

@kenyanr1 can you share a link to those Amazon cars you had? Both of my kids seemed to enjoy them, I may need to pick up one or two.
[/QUOTE

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back