Illinois Northern Illinois Meetup - Sunday May 5th 1pm @ Indian Lakes Open Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great time today guys!

PS this is Andy with the TLR Typhon and black Fireteam
Hey, did you happen to have the RPM HD wing mount on your Kraton? I had just installed that on mine and we both had the same exact break to our rear bulkheads.
I'm wondering if since the new HD mount is so solid that it actually might have caused the impact to push up on the top side of the housing.

Hey, did you happen to have the RPM HD wing mount on your Kraton? I had just installed that on mine and we both had the same exact break to our rear bulkheads.
I'm wondering if since the new HD mount is so solid that it actually might have caused the impact to push up on the top side of the housing.
I have the flexible 3DRC mount so I’m not sure that’s the problem.

@bigkid_rc has the RPM mount and I think he’s been happy with it.

Yeah rpm mount is strong so far for me
Thanks for the feedback. I ordered another RPM mount. I ordered a Basherqueen bulkhead, and I just ordered another stock EXB 7075 chassis ($39). I can't afford the M2C chassis right now. But my last one lasted me a year.

Should we come up with a couple basic race track layouts for the March meet up?

Off road racing was super fun at the last meet. I liked the challenge of the uneven terrain and the mix of vehicles.

Adding some turns to the on road racing could be fun as well.

Should we come up with a couple basic race track layouts for the March meet up?

Off road racing was super fun at the last meet. I liked the challenge of the uneven terrain and the mix of vehicles.

Adding some turns to the on road racing could be fun as well.
I just quickly put together a quick offroad course. I am open to other ideas, just thought I would throw this out there.

1676991111280.png

Looks good to me. Same basic layout as the last meet right?
Pretty much. I just added in an extra cone on the left side that we have to inside of. I wanted to keep it simple.

I was thinking about picking up some wood stakes or rebar we can use to keep the cones in place when we eventually run into them so the track doesn't keep shifting. My thoughts are that it should be easy to put in place, easy to remove, hold the cones in place okayish, and leave no trace when we leave. As long as whatever is used isn't driven too deep into the ground, they should be easy to remove. Also if someone crashes into them, they should have a little give so your not running your car into a solid wall.

Thoughts?

I agree. The course shifted a lot during the last race. Stakes or rebar through the center of the cone will hold them in place and the cone should act like a "bumper" if someone hits it.

I agree. The course shifted a lot during the last race. Stakes or rebar through the center of the cone will hold them in place and the cone should act like a "bumper" if someone hits it.
exactly.

The next meetup is Sunday March 12th! Instead of creating a new thread, I'm trying something new and simply updating the title of this thread rather than creating a new thread. We'll see how this works out.

I've finally managed to get a battery connector soldered onto the new ESC for my 6s Typhon, so I hope to finish my Typhon rebuild this week. After the Typhon is complete I'll move onto the rebuild of my Infraction, my neighbor's 3s Typhon, and the brushed Granite - probably in this order. I still also need to repair the K8s and the 3s Senton from the last meetup.

Sounds like a lot of wrenching. I've got some of that to do myself.

I know we are going to do off-road racing like last time. That was awesome! Should we also try for something on-road this time?

I've just finished repairing the Senton, my Typhon will finally be up and running, and the K8s repair parts are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Its unlikely my Infraction will be ready though, its still completely disassembled for maintenance.

Back