Not even an M2C chassis can stand up to Kevin Talbot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit… up till the point of chassis destruction that thing was taking a royal beating!
Having now watched the whole thing, yeah, I sure seems like it was getting beaten pretty hard already. I was pretty impressed that it kept going, after what seemed to me like awfully-hard hits. Maybe it's already had some other upgrades, besides just the M2C chassis.

And geez, I know the XRT is bigger than the Sledge, but wow, seeing them side-by-side in the video, it's huge! Today I met up with some friends who also just got trucks, and my Sledge was significantly bigger than the Big Rock 3S, and the Typhon 6S (even though that's also called 1:8, like the Sledge). But the XRT would be like a similar step up, again.

Model scale designations apparently don't really mean as much as I thought.

Having now watched the whole thing, yeah, I sure seems like it was getting beaten pretty hard already. I was pretty impressed that it kept going, after what seemed to me like awfully-hard hits. Maybe it's already had some other upgrades, besides just the M2C chassis.

And geez, I know the XRT is bigger than the Sledge, but wow, seeing them side-by-side in the video, it's huge! Today I met up with some friends who also just got trucks, and my Sledge was significantly bigger than the Big Rock 3S, and the Typhon 6S (even though that's also called 1:8, like the Sledge). But the XRT would be like a similar step up, again.

Model scale designations apparently don't really mean as much as I thought.
Model scales are rather weird for sure.

This is a 1/10th scale monster truck next to a 1/8th scale monster truck............

20220829_202321.jpg

20220829_202301.jpg

I think every hit that sludge took prior to the last were testimonials to how strong the chassis and sludge itself really are. Whether or not any other chassis would have survived is moot IMO.
One things for sure, the TRX plastics are amongst the best in the industry..
What I can't understand about the sludge specifically is what happened with the cvds and driveshafts? I mean, sure TRX shafts have always been so so, but the sludge shafts are horrible with regards to the drive pins falling out on my brothers. Just weird, like maybe they've switched suppliers or something? IDK
Not being able to buy the shock rod ends without shafts is pure evil on TRX's part too..shameful.
Model scales are rather weird for sure.

This is a 1/10th scale monster truck next to a 1/8th scale monster truck............

View attachment 270463

View attachment 270464
Uh..you wearing nylons bro? It's okay, just askin'.

Last edited:
I think every hit that sludge took prior to the last were testimonials to how strong the chassis and sludge itself really are. Whether or not any other chassis would have survived is moot IMO.
One things for sure, the TRX plastics are amongst the best in the industry..
What I can't understand about the sludge specifically is what happened with the cvds and driveshafts? I mean, sure TRX shafts have always been so so, but the sludge shafts are horrible with regards to the drive pins falling out on my brothers. Just weird, like maybe they've switched suppliers or something? IDK
Not being able to buy the shock rod ends without shafts is pure evil on TRX's part too..shameful.

Uh..you wearing nylons bro? It's okay, just askin'.

Find the diff gears for a 1/18 Ecx Ruckus or the wheel hexes for the 1/10 Ecx Ruckus.

No just cheapo socks from the dollar store.

The real problem here is that Kevin Talbot is an idiotic troll, who makes his money screaming like a maniac as he smashes his stuff into brick walls.

Because there’s a market for people watching retards.

“Never go FULL RETARD!”

The real problem here is that Kevin Talbot is an idiotic troll, who makes his money screaming like a maniac as he smashes his stuff into brick walls.

“Never go FULL RETARD!”
Guess I just went full 'tard cuz I just sub'd to his channel this morning, LOL.

Yep, he’s creatively original in a Napoleon Dynamite sense and will purposely destroy things which brings in value and views.

The older classic RC tubers just continue to reiterate the same song and dance with latest builds and rigs.

“Never go FULL RETARD!”
Another way of looking at it is that he PURPOSELY pushes things to the extreme, to find out "what" it takes to damage something, so that the rest of us don't have to. He finds out just "how much" abuse a product can take, which, in the end, helps consumers (that would be you, me, and everyone else) save money. When you look at something with only a negative point of view (as you, obviously, are doing), you end up with only negativity. Try looking at things from a different perspective, and maybe...just maybe...you might be "enlightened" (unfortunately, I doubt you will even attempt such...but, that's ok, as doing so would be your decission).

For better or worse, I've enjoyed watching some of these videos just to see some of what the vehicles can take.

I have no doubt that they break far more stuff than the average person, of course! But still, the fact that they don't just crumble after every single jump that strikes me as ridiculous is kind of reassuring. Gives a little more confidence to try driving it harder than I might otherwise.

Looks like Calabzas park in SJ, anybody know where he is located?
He's a member here..
For better or worse, I've enjoyed watching some of these videos just to see some of what the vehicles can take.

I have no doubt that they break far more stuff than the average person, of course! But still, the fact that they don't just crumble after every single jump that strikes me as ridiculous is kind of reassuring. Gives a little more confidence to try driving it harder than I might otherwise.
He's entertaining IMO. I bet he's way less dramatic off camera. Don't know. Love the success story regardless. Good for him.

Looks like Calabzas park in SJ, anybody know where he is located?
Yes, Calabazas Park...the BMX track. Was there a few times before moving out of the area a couple months ago. He, as well as Francis (RC Review) are, both, in the South Bay of the SF Bay Area. John (Fog City RC)...also 'local'...is in SF. Richie (Driftomaniacs) also used to be local, until his wife got a higher-paying job elsewhere.

He's a member here..

He's entertaining IMO. I bet he's way less dramatic off camera. Don't know. Love the success story regardless. Good for him.
Yeah watch his More Kevin Talbot channel, it's more wrenching and normal stuff and he's like every other dude.

Yeah watch his More Kevin Talbot channel, it's more wrenching and normal stuff and he's like every other dude.
I know what you mean. Initially, I liked Earl Moorhead...but, over time, I've realized he's not all that great (can actually be quite boring at times), and his understanding/knowledge is "lacking" at times (I won't even get into his spelling). He's trying to solve problems, but, at times, it's as if he really has no clue. With Kevin, although he (jokingly) refers to himself as an "idiot", he's actually quite intelligent. I mean, how many "idiots" do you know who've built a real monster truck (yes, he had help, but he still did the majority of the work himself), and then competed in it?

Did you see the one where Morehead soldered the esc wires backwards on a new esc 🔥? I was like..😳

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back