Notorious Notorious stock tire ripped. Looking for new tires advice. Stay stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custnam

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I tore some of one tire off the rim on the outside on my Notorious. I reglued it but haven't really tested it yet. I did some research and found all the different tires available at nitrorcx.com and read that the tires are pretty good, but the wheels trash. So some suggested taking the tires off them and replacing the wheels. Well Im not sure if I should do that, or just stay stock? I really like the stock ones and they have been great until now. So should I stay stock and buy the DBoots again? Or look at something else? And are there any stock ones that have the same tires as the Notorious with different wheels? Thank you!
20191123_230207.jpg

Edit: Added pic of tire after some glue
20191127_031238.jpg

Last edited:
That tire looks toast, don't see it lasting long at all. I don't care for the Outcast wheels myself. I would suggest a set of Backflip LPs, hear they work good on the 6s OC but they have the same wheels. Or maby you can pick up one or so used somewhere if money is tight. Maby a WTB ad with all the Outcasts on this forum.

That tire looks toast, don't see it lasting long at all. I don't care for the Outcast wheels myself. I would suggest a set of Backflip LPs, hear they work good on the 6s OC but they have the same wheels. Or maby you can pick up one or so used somewhere if money is tight. Maby a WTB ad with all the Outcasts on this forum.

I thought of buying just one, but my inner perfectionist will be constantly thinking "What about the other 3 that are also worn"? Good idea on the forum post. Might just do that. I don't like the stock wheels either. That star shape. I love the Kraton wheels.

I thought of buying just one, but my inner perfectionist will be constantly thinking "What about the other 3 that are also worn"? Good idea on the forum post. Might just do that. I don't like the stock wheels either. That star shape. I love the Kraton wheels.
I can really relate to this one.
I shredded both right side tires on my e-revo 2.0. They come in a set of two, different running directions. Can't be bothered to unglue one and putting on the other way round, so now one of my tires is mounted the opposite way :rolleyes:

But related to topic, dboots backflip have been on my kraton for quite a while with really good performance, can recommend.

Me too, love the Kraton wheels! ?

Don't feel so bad. Ripped the Kraton v4 CH 2's and the Noto. BF's.
I close the wheel vents and vent the tires like most do. And if you keep speed down it works for some. But wrapping Kevlar is the best way. I find that Low profile tires last longer in general. But wrapping is the best answer for tires, short of buying belted tires that are very heavy and cost alot more..
20191127_130303.jpg

Last edited:
I tore some of one tire off the rim on the outside on my Notorious. I reglued it but haven't really tested it yet. I did some research and found all the different tires available at nitrorcx.com and read that the tires are pretty good, but the wheels trash. So some suggested taking the tires off them and replacing the wheels. Well Im not sure if I should do that, or just stay stock? I really like the stock ones and they have been great until now. So should I stay stock and buy the DBoots again? Or look at something else? And are there any stock ones that have the same tires as the Notorious with different wheels? Thank you!
View attachment 55290

Edit: Added pic of tire after some glue
View attachment 55291

I run the lp's on the kraton rims... I never really cared for the outcast rims myself as stated above.. they look really nice on the kraton rims though...

Attachments

• 20191127_173221.jpg
    20191127_173221.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Don't feel so bad. Ripped the Kraton v4 CH 2's and the Noto. BF's.
I close the wheel vents and vent the tires like most do. And if you keep speed down it works for some. But wrapping Kevlar is the best way. I find that Low profile tires last longer in general. But wrapping is the best answer for tires, short of buying belted tires that are very heavy and cost alot more..View attachment 55340
A little glue will fix that lol

I run the lp's on the kraton rims... I never really cared for the outcast rims myself as stated above.. they look really nice on the kraton rims though...

When you say LP you mean Low profile right? And what tires are you referring to? Thanks

Last edited:
Last edited:
The first link yes... second link no... when I purchased them I was able to get the rims seperate... I know they had black, and black chrome.. I'm not sure if they are still sold that way... sorry I cant find the part number right now.. I'll look later to see if I still have the packaging sleeve...

Enjoy your day, happy Thanksgiving
A quick search and I came up with this... seems they don't make them seperate anymore... maybe search Ebay.. I'm sure there are sets out there some place... (y)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191128-101623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20191128-101623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 32
The first link yes... second link no... when I purchased them I was able to get the rims seperate... I know they had black, and black chrome.. I'm not sure if they are still sold that way... sorry I cant find the part number right now.. I'll look later to see if I still have the packaging sleeve...

Enjoy your day, happy Thanksgiving
A quick search and I came up with this... seems they don't make them seperate anymore... maybe search Ebay.. I'm sure there are sets out there some place... (y)

Sorry I linked something else I was looking at. Heres what I meant to link. Is this correct?
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR510111

Excellent man... cant wait to see it all together.. gonna look awsome.. (y) I've had great luck with the lp's.. way less ballooning than the standard backflips, killer traction on almost all surfaces.. just try to keep them off the tar, they wear quick as with any tire on tar really..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back