Notorious Notorious whine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisC10

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey guys I’m new to RC and just bought my kids the Arrma Granite and so I had to get a car also so I bought a used Notorious. I have ran a few packs through it and it really rips. I changed the dif fluids in all the diffs 50/200/20. I went and ran it last weekend and it seemed to be whining more than it had previously. I have attached a couple clips to show what I’m talking about. Maybe it’s normal I don’t know. Thanks in advance!

That’s so weird! My senton does the same thing LOL! I told everybody on the forum how sometimes my senton does these weird things but they end up fixing themselves. For example, the front diff starts to make a very sad noise every once in awhile, every time I hit the brakes or go in reverse... but then after 3 or 4 runs I don’t hear it again for another few months. That weird whining sound, my senton also does. Not sure what it is... probably a bad bearing. But it usually goes away after a few runs.

Sometimes it’s a leaf scraping against a driveshaft but most of the time I can’t find the reason.

Do you have the pinion mesh set too tight? Can you video the pinion and spur mesh. You don’t need the power on, just rock the spur or pinion back and forth.

Do you have the pinion mesh set too tight? Can you video the pinion and spur mesh. You don’t need the power on, just rock the spur or pinion back and forth.
This would help alot^ but watching it roll in the video, it really doesn’t seem like the mesh is too tight! Do what he says though... record a video of you rocking the spur through the cutout underneath the chassis.

To me it does sound like the gear mesh is too tight.

If you guys will excuse me I’m gonna go check my mesh tighten up my motor mount real quick ?
I was just going to post this. It's the only video I can remember and find quickly ghat shows what too tight gear mesh sounds like.

I was just going to post this.
Whoa there. Giving me URC forum flashbacks ? great place though!

And an absolutely remarkable guy. If you need unbiased reviews, he’s your guy. It’s a shame he got sued off the platform.

I was just going to post this. It's the only video I can remember and find quickly ghat shows what too tight gear mesh sounds like.
I think the part at 2:13 is the best part. I wouldn’t recommend most people to start up a 6S with a loose mount. Also, this is hard to do with any of the 4x4 series due to the power module being closed.

Thanks for the replies guys. I did wonder that. Here is the best I could do. One of the screws is stripped that holds the motor mount. ?

Thanks for the replies guys. I did wonder that. Here is the best I could do. One of the screws is stripped that holds the motor mount. ?

Yep that is a little tight. You should be able to rock the spur a tad bit without the pinion moving. It will go tink-tink as you rock it back and forth.

Yeah that's just slightly tight for a mod 1 pinion. Just slightly. Have you tired the paper trick?

I agree. It’s like, bareeely tight. Maybe it ruined the bearing though... we’ll find out after he loosens it.

No to the paper trick. Like I said one of the heads on the 2 screws that hold the motor tight is stripped. Will try to get that out this weekend. Will need to get a new screw too.

No to the paper trick. Like I said one of the heads on the 2 screws that hold the motor tight is stripped. Will try to get that out this weekend. Will need to get a new screw too.
Use lots of heat on those motor mount screws. Leave a very hot soldering iron on them for minutes before putting a tool on them.

So if I ruined a bearing would it be a motor bearing? What size is a replacement?

I got that screw loose that was stripped with a screw extractor. Still need to replace it. I reset the lash and here is a clip of the lash and what it sounds like now. I think it’s too loose but will try the paper trick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back