Offically a Teamster Class A trucker! 👌

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy15086

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I got an LTL trucking job with a Teamsters Union company. It's actually unofficial until the results of my drug test and background check come back. Silly procedure because I just had to pass a TSA background check a month ago to get my hazmat endorsement and I have been sober since 2007 but hey... rules are rules! 🤷
I am going on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise on Sunday. I am starting work on 4/3 once all goes well. 👌

I got an LTL trucking job with a Teamsters Union company. It's actually unofficial until the results of my drug test and background check come back. Silly procedure because I just had to pass a TSA background check a month ago to get my hazmat endorsement and I have been sober since 2007 but hey... rules are rules! 🤷
I am going on a 15 day Hawaiian cruise on Sunday. I am starting work on 4/3 once all goes well. 👌
Nice bro,
God brings gifts to those that have faith in him. Brother I have a year off the blues and since then rc has been my obsession. Since I have cleaned up I have received many gifts. A new job being one of many. I don’t know you but I’m proud of you and I wish the best for you and your family. One day at a time

Nice bro,
God brings gifts to those that have faith in him. Brother I have a year off the blues and since then rc has been my obsession. Since I have cleaned up I have received many gifts. A new job being one of many. I don’t know you but I’m proud of you and I wish the best for you and your family. One day at a time
Yea buddy. I'll be 16 years in April, God willing. Been a friend of Bill's the whole time. It's the best gig out there. I've had endless blessings since I started. I could write a list but it would be too long and take too much time. 😉
Keep it up. The good part never ends! 👌

Ugh. Teamsters. Either way congrats. I drive a tanker for a non union company. I was a union crane operator but got tired of their views and them taking my money. Company was half teamsters, half operating engineers (IUOE).

Ugh. Teamsters. Either way congrats. I drive a tanker for a non union company. I was a union crane operator but got tired of their views and them taking my money. Company was half teamsters, half operating engineers (IUOE).
Yea, well nobody else really hires new grads except for major OTR fleets and I don't want to be out for weeks or months on end. I like unions views but I've also never worked for one. My goal is to drive cryo tankers but I need at least a year of seat time before anyone will even review my application. Got to start somewhere. 🤷

Congrats. I drove for 15 years, five years in the oil field, seven hauling cryo, wrapped up the last few years with crude oil which not only paid the most, but allowed me to make friends at one of the refineries I delivered to, which put in a word for me, and now I’m an operator there. I’ve kept my cdl, but I’m actually hoping I never have to use it again. Trucking is a great job, but after years you get tired of it. Not the driving, but the stress and mental fatigue of having to not only worry about yourself, but every other moron on the road and having to essentially predict the future all day. Lol

All the best to you though. It’s definitely a progression when it comes to trucking. The real good companies require the experience, bide your time for now, but don’t stop chasing where you want to end up. Cryo was the cleanest job I had. But when it rains, it sucks because everything freezes up. Invest in a hammer because you’ll be chiseling ice off of everything. Haha

Congrats! Truckers are so essential for all our supply chain issues of all products and resources!

Nice, congrats!

1678283610757.png

Swift is known for this kind of driving. I almost ended up with them. Thank God I didn't.
Congrats!! Once you get some mileage under your belt, you can take a job anywhere!!👍
Shame about the Teamsters though(IMO). The bailout is shameful.. typical stuff I suppose, and nothing against you bro😉🍻
Best of luck with the new gig!!👌
Thank you... How about the trillions in Wallstreet bailouts that were given to the rich over the last 6 years? To be honest my company doesn't even get a pension. It's a "foot in the door" job. I am happy to be going into a union. They built this country.

Last edited:
Yea, well nobody else really hires new grads except for major OTR fleets and I don't want to be out for weeks or months on end. I like unions views but I've also never worked for one. My goal is to drive cryo tankers but I need at least a year of seat time before anyone will even review my application. Got to start somewhere. 🤷
Either way good luck dude! I base my judgements off of personal experience and saw first hand how the teamsters act, and I live in a right to work state. Get your experience and do what you need to do from there. The first tractor I drove on a job was an old twin stick Mack. I had no clue how to drive that since it was so old and I was trained on straight 10’s and Super 10’s. Thankfully I figured it out and only drove that thing a couple times and didn’t hit anyone. It was wild.

Either way good luck dude! I base my judgements off of personal experience and saw first hand how the teamsters act, and I live in a right to work state. Get your experience and do what you need to do from there. The first tractor I drove on a job was an old twin stick Mack. I had no clue how to drive that since it was so old and I was trained on straight 10’s and Super 10’s. Thankfully I figured it out and only drove that thing a couple times and didn’t hit anyone. It was wild.
I lived in a "right to work" state. It was horrendous. It should be called an "employees have no rights" state. I have been pushed around by private companies for years. Lied to, made to do everyone else's job for no more pay or even any gratitude, just a "why do you need to do so much OT?" basically telling you you should be able to fit 10 gallons of poop in a 5 gallon bucket and if you speak up about it you're a "trouble maker"and they can fire you for no reason. I have been in a lawsuit with the last private company I worked for for over 3 years. They get sued by employees a lot and usually win because they have so much money. I'm sure Unions have their issues to and are perfect. I am not planning on being with them forever and I know the grass is not always greener but I am happy to at least try paying for representation. Not a fan "Union Busting" laws like "Right to Work" out of my experience.

Last edited:
Thank you... How about the trillions in Wallstreet bailouts that were given to the rich over the last 6 years? To be honest my company doesn't even get a pension. It's a "foot in the door" job. I am happy to be going into a union. They built this country.
You're right, it's (corruption)everywhere.. not limited to a union by any means✌
I recall my statement. Congrats on the Brotherhood👍🍻

Back