OLD PHOTOS of Family history

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just Joe

Problems never solved, just rearranged
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
My wife’s mother is on a cleaning spree of her basement and is getting “rid” interesting mementoes of her family linage old letters, photos & such other stuff I’m finding fascinating facts about the town’s history. These are some photos from my wife believed to be late 1800’s 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s a style called daguerreotype photography
I think it’s very interesting 😎
Anybody else familiar with this type of photography?
Very hard to get a clear photo with phone

7456275B-B381-4AA6-A920-13FAF2FA7487.jpeg

My wife’s mother is on a cleaning spree of her basement and is getting “rid” interesting mementoes of her family linage old letters, photos & such other stuff I’m finding fascinating facts about the town’s history. These are some photos from my wife believed to be late 1800’s 🤷🏼‍♂️ It’s a style called daguerreotype photography
I think it’s very interesting 😎
Anybody else familiar with this type of photography?
Very hard to get a clear photo with phone

7456275B-B381-4AA6-A920-13FAF2FA7487.jpeg
A copy of The New York Ledger from 1859

Attachments

• F4A2DBD9-BE67-413E-BDFF-F0A78EEC8C78.jpeg
    F4A2DBD9-BE67-413E-BDFF-F0A78EEC8C78.jpeg
    618.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I've always been interested in history, just something really cool about seeing how much things have changed. (y) Cool finds.
Thanks I’m gonna keep on looking at what ever she wants to get rid… I will post more pictures of other stuff we find

Oh boy.. some Mercury vapor... I'd bet alot of the photographer's perished early back then..😱..

Awsome to see history like that.. to just hold something that old in your hands is pretty special..👍

Know a little, not much. Tintype was an earlier phototype. My family has some stuff like that.

See if a museum would be interested in the area her family is from. My dad took some stuff to the museum in his area....some stuff pre civil war......

They can at least give suggestions of how to properly store such items.....they are in pretty good shape.....
Thanks I’m gonna keep on looking at what ever she wants to get rid… I will post more pictures of other stuff we find
Yeah, definitely keep whatever she parts with. My grandfather was sooooooo close to throwing away a stack of comic books from the 1900,1910 and 1920 decades.....needless to say, I gladly took them, much to his surprise.

Last edited:
Early to mid 1900s Barnum & Bailey circus. The ‘Flying Armentas’, My grand mother, great grand mother and aunts/uncles. I blew these old photos up and put them on canvas. Like I’ve said before… I come from circus people. 🙃

A5B7ED3F-BEA7-459B-B43D-40B63D8266DE.jpeg

C8FE8F5D-FC19-4688-BE1E-8DE745DBD269.jpeg

2BBE7DD9-E83F-435E-A667-E5B179469E22.jpeg

But we thought that meant you were a clown! 🤡 Cool pics and family history! (y)
Aw man that’s great! Thanks lol!!
That’s is awesome!! Love historic stuff like this 😎
Thanks! I begged these out of my aunt many years ago after my grandmother and grandfather were gone. Family history fades quick…

Last edited:
Oh boy.. some Mercury vapor... I'd bet alot of the photographer's perished early back then..😱..

Awsome to see history like that.. to just hold something that old in your hands is pretty special..👍
Does that mean I shouldn’t be touching those photos 👌🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back