Old receiver issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paintboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm converting my nitro into electric but can't fathom what lm doing wrong to get motor to work. Must be so simple.
The ESC into the battery slot but how do l get motor to turn?

IMG_20210413_142626.jpg

I don't know. If l plug ESC into battery slot, the old servos still work

sounds like your receiver is only enough that it isn’t designed to accept power from the ESC. In the olden days of mechanical speed controller and nitro - you had a separate battery pack for the receiver. With the advent of ESC, they started designing them to provide power to the receiver and for the receiver to accept power from the ESC.

At this point, buy a $30 takeoff radio set and toss the 75MHz system

sounds like your receiver is only enough that it isn’t designed to accept power from the ESC. In the olden days of mechanical speed controller and nitro - you had a separate battery pack for the receiver. With the advent of ESC, they started designing them to provide power to the receiver and for the receiver to accept power from the ESC.

At this point, buy a $30 takeoff radio set and toss the 75MHz system
Right. I ve read about having to set up ESC. The fan works but no beeps or any signs of life

So l know the receiver works as both old servos work. I ve read that the ESC should go into the throttle, mine says channel 1 as it's old.
Is it that simple? If l do that fan runs but motor doesn't move

So l know the receiver works as both old servos work. I ve read that the ESC should go into the throttle, mine says channel 1 as it's old.
Is it that simple? If l do that fan runs but motor doesn't move

your radio should be marked with channel assignments.

but just to reiterate you need to power the receiver separately or split the output coming out of the ESC into the BATT port

Yes, as per photo, l have ESC into the battery port. Then what?

The ESC needs to be in the throttle channel of the receiver (look at your transmitter and see which channel corresponds to the throttle) - at the same time you also need to have power to the receiver so you need a power source for that.

When you plug the ESC into the battery port, you are powering the receiver, but now you have no throttle control because there is nothing plugged into the receiver channel corresponding to throttle.

So throttle must be channel 1 on my receiver?
I have the ESC into the battery port, check.
The 2 channels were for steering and servo for carburettor throttle, check.
So my problem is what makes the motor respond? I don't need a servo for the motor so there's nothing else to plug into receiver. Please look at my photo
Ah, bit l don't get is you saying ESC needs to be in throttle position (channel 1) There's a lead for battery port and wires for motor and nothing else

What old radio do you have? Typically Throttle is Channel 2 and Steering is Channel 1.

The ESC replaces the servo for the carburetor - so you remove the throttle servo and replace it with the ESC - but again, the issue is powering your receiver since it is so old that it doesn't have BEC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back