One more time... venting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less balloning,easy water evacuation, less bounce on landing, better traction, more stable at higher speeds... these are all compared to a sealed tire.
As far as the foam inside, with venting, is it more vulnerable to water, sand... or does a couple squeezes off the throttle with the car upside down take care of that.

Thoughts on venting vs. Stock wheel vents w/ kevlar line threading

Oh no. No anger. Just tired of going through tires. Trying to narrow down some pros and cons on certain methods while I still have a brand new set in the package and ones I just put on.
I prefer belted tyres, but I’m not a jumper. I can’t stand ballooning

In my 17 years in the hobby.... I always vent the tire and seal the rim... last thing you want is water or dirt getting in there... I have seen it do bad things... rip tires, terrible handling and the balance will be so far off.

I'm a noob and did not vent, while doing maintenance one of the tires seemed heavy. I run in the mud and snow I weighed them and this is what I got - 7oz, 8.4oz, 7.5on and 7.9oz. all full of water, not sure what a stock tire ways buts enough to make me vent my tires

In my 17 years in the hobby.... I always vent the tire and seal the rim... last thing you want is water or dirt getting in there... I have seen it do bad things... rip tires, terrible handling and the balance will be so far off.
Exactly. I was commenting on a post just the other day about the damage that can occur to a rig while bashing on the beach. Everything dang time I drive the coast I think to myself don't do it and ultimately I end up not listening to myself. I end up just doing more damage than what it's worth but it's so super fun. But it always ends up the same. The tires almost end up solid after the build up of wet sand. That's not mentioning the havoc of salt water and salty air and what our does
After you rip a couple off your rims you will want to vent.
Been there done that. Hence the thread

As far as the foam inside, with venting, is it more vulnerable to water, sand... or does a couple squeezes off the throttle with the car upside down take care of that.

Thoughts on venting vs. Stock wheel vents w/ kevlar line threading
Venting will help lessen the affects of ballooning, but not eliminate it. The foams will suffer from all the extra water and debris that gets in, and shorten their lifespan. The kevlar/fishing line idea works great, but doesn't last long when running over rough terrain. There's no perfect answer here, but the truck runs much better on a vented tire, and if you don't mind not being able to run your tires til their bald, you're good to go. The foam in the front tires on the Noto are so soft now, they offer almost no rebound, but the tire is still fine so I don't worry about it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back