opinion on traxxas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally the main difference between the Traxxas 1/10 4wd platform and the Arrma 1/10 4wd platform is the price. Neither platform is perfect and both of them are going to require work and upgrades to get them to be reliable. One benefit to the Traxxas is you can pull it out of the box and just run it without having to worry about having a run away or hitting something because the radio doesn't respond to inputs.

Literally the main difference between the Traxxas 1/10 4wd platform and the Arrma 1/10 4wd platform is the price. Neither platform is perfect and both of them are going to require work and upgrades to get them to be reliable. One benefit to the Traxxas is you can pull it out of the box and just run it without having to worry about having a run away or hitting something because the radio doesn't respond to inputs.
If only HH would have been ok with keeping the tactic brand. I see certain Axial products still use Tactic. I wonder why they weren’t forced to comply. In the Aussie RC interview, you can tell Jason Dearden was not really excited for the switch.

The new Traxxas vehicles are very good, the old ones are poop. That's basically what it comes down to.

Same with Arrma if you think about it.

The Ultimate Slash 4x4 is only 5~550 bucks here in the states. This is the model with pretty much most of the aftermarket upgrade parts that Traxxas offers for the Slash platform.
Speed... both can do over 40mph out of the box so meh..
As for the battery... Well whatever I void my warranty right away since all my batteries are on IC/EC5 and all my vehicles are also IC/EC5 so the battery is moot for me and I hope for most hobbyist here too.
i was thinking of the desert racer

Check out my painful thread on the X-maxx vs Kraton 8s. It certainly brought out the passion in everyone.

My thoughts are they are playing in the same pool but are different in lots of ways.

Traxxas are generally more expensive to buy\maintain long term but availability is great. Every hobby shop has parts and trucks to look at. There are some questions around reliability in some of their models (*cough X-maxx ESC, Drive-line) but both sides have their faults really so its an argument as to which is better\worse (*cough Spectrum Controller, Kraton Chassis).

Arrma are the newer\innovator on the block. They have some great vehicles with new ideas at decent prices however parts availability is not as great.

I have both, and appreciate them equally and for different reasons. It really depends on what you're looking for.
?
Absolutely loving my almost fully upgraded xmaxx... They have excellent customer support ?
I've launched this thing like I've never sent a rc before... A bashers dream... But I do love my Arrma as well... ? Armma tough baby
With that being said... The xmaxx is the only Traxxas rc I own.... Everything else I have is arrma!

The Ultimate Slash 4x4 is only 5~550 bucks here in the states. This is the model with pretty much most of the aftermarket upgrade parts that Traxxas offers for the Slash platform.
Speed... both can do over 40mph out of the box so meh..
As for the battery... Well whatever I void my warranty right away since all my batteries are on IC/EC5 and all my vehicles are also IC/EC5 so the battery is moot for me and I hope for most hobbyist here too.
i meant the ultimate dessert racer

My first NEW rig was a slash 4x4 vxl spent a fortune making a Baja bug out of it because it would parachute everywhere with the std shell, eat spurs for fun, get hot as hell, fast and twitchy, seemed like everytime a pack went through I'd bring it home in a bag ?‍♂️

so whats anyones opinion on traxxas.
Well, I’ve never found a Traxxas that I couldn’t destroy. YMMV, I have come close a couple times with my 4S Kraton and I’m not saying anything about my V3 Talion. Yes I’ve come close a couple times but money talks and it’s still no.1 with me. Honestly I just have had no luck with Traxxas but our Son in Law swears by them. Even as the last time we bashed my our 12 Y.O. Grandson ran into a curb and snapped his Rustler VLX Chassis in half. So I speak from wisdom.
They have great models if I could find a E-Revo right now I would money up. I like his and it’s a Speed demon and fun. Traxxas is the Apple of RC but still “Built Arrma Tough” is something they stand behind. Have fun with whatever you run, that’s the most important thing of all.

UDR is about a Cnote more than a Mojave 6s

And TBH with you I rather have the UDR or a Super Baja Rey over the Mojave 6S.
I have a UDR and I agree, the UDR and the SBR are competitors. The Mojave uses a completely different chassis, layout and driving style. That said, the Mojave has its own lane and it excels there.

Last edited:
They're all #1 .. just depends on what you want. :)

Arrma, Tamiya, Losi, Hobao, Axial, Tekno, Traxxas and numerous others make some pretty good cars - and this variety is what helps keep things interesting.

The only Traxxas I have now is a Stampede 4x4 VXL (1st rc I bought ) , 8S Xmaxx , and the new Maxx . Don't use the stampede at all anymore , the Xmaxx is about 3 years old and has been great , the new Maxx is stock , yes flips over easy but don't care , also great fast durable truck . It took a lot for me to buy another Traxxas , but the Maxx earned it .
The Traxxas RTR radios are great for them without feeling you have to upgrade , put one in my Mojave !!!!! LOL

I have a UDR and I agree, the UDR and the SBR are competitors. The Mojave uses a completely different chassis, layout and driving style. That said, the Mojave has its own lane and it excels there.

Yup, that trailing rear arm is pretty fun and watching the suspension articulate on my Rock Rey is just fun to watch.

I have much more traxxas models than arrma ones, but I personally think out of all of them arrma has them well built. Nothing on my arrma infraction has broke so far (except tire wear and one bent plastic part), otherwise all of my other traxxas models have broken something that's crucial to being driven.

My 2 best built traxxas ones are the rustler 4x4 vxl and xmaxx, as the rustler has barely broke anything (even with being my first rc after a few years) and the xmaxx being bashed decently hard.

as an owner of a x0-1 though, it compares nothing to the infraction. I recently hit 101 with the infraction and lost a gps with the x0-1 lifting off into the air and slamming into a tree support at what i think was 70-80 mph. entire stick was rip off and gps disappeared rip x(

I have much more traxxas models than arrma ones, but I personally think out of all of them arrma has them well built. Nothing on my arrma infraction has broke so far (except tire wear and one bent plastic part), otherwise all of my other traxxas models have broken something that's crucial to being driven.

My 2 best built traxxas ones are the rustler 4x4 vxl and xmaxx, as the rustler has barely broke anything (even with being my first rc after a few years) and the xmaxx being bashed decently hard.

as an owner of a x0-1 though, it compares nothing to the infraction. I recently hit 101 with the infraction and lost a gps with the x0-1 lifting off into the air and slamming into a tree support at what i think was 70-80 mph. entire stick was rip off and gps disappeared rip x(
Watching the UDR slide through the dirt is SO COOL!!! The rear half of the truck just disappears. On the Infraction, I've broken the front splitter and I've gone through several tires (that's the fun of it though). I've also experienced many thermal shutdowns. Additionally, I swapped out the radio to a DX5C. In Traxxas world, my experiences with the Slash, Maxx, X and UDR were: the Slash (over 10 years, I might have broken $20 in parts), the X (broke the pinion and servo), the Maxx (the skid plate probably should be replaced soon), the UDR - broke it on Day 2, wheel nuts kept falling off. Reason? The axle pin sliced a perfect circle in the hub adapter resulting in the axle spinning without wheel movement, pushing the wheel nut off. I probably didn't have to replace much on the UDR but being that I was prepared with a bunch of better parts at the ready, one day I was like - f it, they're all going on. Of my Traxxas trucks, the Slash, Maxx and X seem indestructible and the UDR is so much fun to watch - it drives in a different way.

In Arrma world, the Infraction is the only one I own and it's a blast to drive - just wish it would stop going thermal. It doesn't happen all the time but according to Murphy's Law, it can and does happen when I don't want it to. I also wish it came with a better radio. I heavily considered the K8S when it came out - but after the reviews of broken support braces and bent chassis, I decided against it.

There are many more I could talk about .. but I'll leave it at this for now. ;)

Last edited:

I heard the X0-1 had major issues with randomly wanting to go into orbit during speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back