Opinion on trade value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrWednesday

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Nero
  5. Outcast 8s
  6. Outcast EXB
  7. Senton 6s
Ok I don’t want to skew anyone’s opinion in anyway so I’m going to try and describe the deal as fairly as possible. Please consider the deal objectively not subjectively. Subjectively a brand new Kraton 8S for a used Slash is a good trade if both parties are happy…
Who is getting the better end of this deal?
Person 1 offering:

1 Castle Mmx8S ESC bought in March ran mostlly on 6S in a Mojave
1 Castle 1717 motor, same conditions, physically in very good condition

Person 2 offering:
Brand new Xerun XR8 Plus (6S) ESC G2S
Brand new Xerun 2200kv G3
Brand new Copperhead 10 ESC
Brand new 3200kv castle sensored motor
BLX 185 ESC bout a month old
BLX 1250kv motor used in good condition
1 Spektrum S8000 servo like new condition
1 Spektrum S6030 servo used in good condition
F1 full set of 1/10 Trenchers in as qexcellent condition, no tread degradation

Winner is.. P1 or P2

Winner is P3, the man with cash in his hand! Do you have uses for the stuff they are going to trade? Are they friends? People trade damaged goods all the time, if they are your buddy’s that isn’t a problem.

I'd say P1 did best. Sold everything from that trade, except the typhon 6s and the copperhead 10 3200kv system..... for enough to replace everything that was originally traded to P2 bnib plus m2c chassis/towers/braces/motor mount.

I'd say P1 did best. Sold everything from that trade, except the typhon 6s and the copperhead 10 3200kv system..... for enough to replace everything that was originally traded to P2 bnib plus m2c chassis/towers/braces/motor mount.
Well, you’re late to the party, but never too late for the forum. Welcome aboard!

If P2 was dumb enough to accept that trade then that is their own fault if they felt scammed.
I’d have to agree, the whole point of the post was to make sure I wasn’t trippin thinking that wasn’t a good deal. The final deal was nothing like that obviously, that’s just what the guy wanted. I don’t blame him for trying, I commend him for having the balls to go for it. The final deal ended up being fine, nobody’s ever 100% happy when you do used deals like that, but he gave me good stuff, electronics in good condition, etc. We had a personal disagreement but he’s not dishonest or untrustworthy. There were a couple of small issues that were more annoying at the time but in hindsight, weren’t that big of a deal. The deal tipped in his favour maybe a bit, but I wanted what he had more than he wanted what I had 🤷🏼‍♂️ I still walked away pretty happy. That castle 8S 1717 combo is such a great system for Arrma 1/7 & 1/8 stuff.

Back