Outcast Opinions please before I purchase this outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a chance at getting a v1 or v2 outcast 6s. Not sure what version but I know it’s older because the guy said it’s few years old and it’s the orange color body which is older. It’s brand new never ran with box just older version. Asking $380. Is it worth it or I’m better off waiting and spending more for a new current one? Here’s some pics of it attatched

B9F87FA7-811A-4E30-8613-E14F515972C9.png

9F416A32-B31C-47D1-8F9D-8B6A440B892A.png

FB2EEE1E-54B9-45FD-90F3-D5DC61093A92.png

E87AA34C-5F40-47CD-9C5F-817E06EC2BA9.png

Last edited:
You’re saying check the shock fluid and diff fluid ?
Yes if it was me knowing what I know now I wouldn't just check I would go ahead and swap them out 90 weight Losi 1130 CST for the shocks. And likely 300K Center diff 60 and front 15 to 30 in the rear. That said I tried 500k in the center and liked it but felt I need to back down to 300 or so and I'm happy I did.

Edit. Talk to text messed up what I was saying.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your opinions! I picked it up yesterday. Super excited to give it a real run but it’s snowing out today. It’s much bigger then I thought compared to my typhon, was it expecting that but it’s cool.

looks like it hasent been out of the box. the only thing i did is get is a red chassis stiffner from jennys rc on ebay and your all set, I bashed the snot out of it really hard and did not break anything. I paid $499 for my v1
Just the electronics are wort his asking price man.

Just the electronics are wort his asking price man.
Yeah I bought it. Only ran it once but kept flipping it on its back every time I hit the throttle lol. I guess I have to get used to it. Only other rc was a typhon 6s

If it was a V4 I'd say offer 350. I don't think it's worth it in my opinion
Revue Videos from Earl Morehead master r.c builder, he gives his input on very heavy gear diff lubricant, for the Outcast 6s, wheelies and also throtle finger control, I hope this will help.

Yeah I bought it. Only ran it once but kept flipping it on its back every time I hit the throttle lol. I guess I have to get used to it. Only other rc was a typhon 6s
Just look up vids on how to set the BLX ESC. THEN turn the punch down. That will help alot with wheelies. As stated id have someone check the diff fluid. $5 turns into $50 -/+ quick.

Revue Videos from Earl Morehead master r.c builder, he gives his input on very heavy gear diff lubricant, for the Outcast 6s, wheelies and also throtle finger control, I hope this will help.
I’ll check him out. Thanks!
Just look up vids on how to set the BLX ESC. THEN turn the punch down. That will help alot with wheelies. As stated id have someone check the diff fluid. $5 turns into $50 -/+ quick.
Yes I will do that soon. Thanks

Back