Senton Order parts online only

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewcity414

King of questions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I went into my hobby store today to be turned down because they don't carry Arrma parts. I find this ridiculous because everyone in town is a Traxxas clowns. So I have to order mostly everything online unless it's screws and batteries. He said the arm that I need is bigger than a slasher so it wouldn't work....

My town too. Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm...for now. I've started ordering parts to keep on hand that either are likely to break or will need eventual replacement.

Lol Traxxas Monopoly. I will have to do that great idea. Any good websites? I use tower hobby since they are South of me

I have no idea if it is true but a hobby shop owner that sells them in my area told me that Traxxas stocks the store. To what extent, I didn't ask. And other brands don't. Seems to me that a manufacturer that would front their products to retailers would be much more prevelant than others, As Traxxas is. So there is possibly truth to it.
Anybody else have any insight to this ?

I have no idea if it is true but a hobby shop owner that sells them in my area told me that Traxxas stocks the store. To what extent, I didn't ask. And other brands don't. Seems to me that a manufacturer that would front their products to retailers would be much more prevelant than others, As Traxxas is. So there is possibly truth to it.
Anybody else have any insight to this ?
I was talking to another hobby shop owner and he said the way Traxxas does things is that if they only sell and offer Traxxas products they get a special discount, and if a Traxxas rep walks into the store and sees anything other than Traxxas they will take away the special discount. How much truth there is to this is beyond me, but my lhs sells Traxxas, Losi, Ecx, Vaterra and Associated stuff, the Losi and Vaterra you see first when walking into the store and in the front window. All the Traxxas stuff is in the back along the wall. The Horizon and Associated stuff is the same price it is online. All of the Traxxas stuff costs $40-$100 or more than if you bought it directly from Traxxas. They seriously want $699.99 for the E-Revo.

So I went into my hobby store today to be turned down because they don't carry Arrma parts. I find this ridiculous because everyone in town is a Traxxas clowns. So I have to order mostly everything online unless it's screws and batteries. He said the arm that I need is bigger than a slasher so it wouldn't work....
And your LHS won't order the parts for you?

Luckily both of my LHS's carry Arrma parts.

I was talking to another hobby shop owner and he said the way Traxxas does things is that if they only sell and offer Traxxas products they get a special discount, and if a Traxxas rep walks into the store and sees anything other than Traxxas they will take away the special discount. How much truth there is to this is beyond me, but my lhs sells Traxxas, Losi, Ecx, Vaterra and Associated stuff, the Losi and Vaterra you see first when walking into the store and in the front window. All the Traxxas stuff is in the back along the wall. The Horizon and Associated stuff is the same price it is online. All of the Traxxas stuff costs $40-$100 or more than if you bought it directly from Traxxas. They seriously want $699.99 for the E-Revo.
^This is exactly how I imagined it goes down. I bet Traxxas gives better discount to LHS that obviously and strongly promote Traxxas first and foremost. Some non-competition brands they won't sweat at all.... like the almost toy brands that are specific to a LHS franchise. Stuff that is around 150$ or less. Traxxas wants to be the Pro Model so they create incentive for hobby shops ...especially the small guys just starting out or the franchisee of bigger groups.
The closest place to me that sells Arrma is in Lafayette....over 2 hours drive one way. I've never been in the store but I do want to... and I'm the kinda guy that will ask questions and try to get the deep details. If I were closer I'd try very hard to figure out the system.
I'm very curious about this as I've been more than semi-interested in what it would take to have my own shop...and build sales with an online presence, EBAY etc.

Tower is pretty good and deliver in just a few days up here. I've used them for a number of items if hobby town didn't have it. You might want to watch JRC and grab some spare parts when they come available.

The shop I referred to also sold ECX, Losi and I think Associated. The owners came here from Florida and had success for about 14 years, got the itch to go back home so they sold it out and moved back home. Can't get any more input there.

Edit- Update.
Just saw on the mighty Google, they are open again in Jacksonville Florida, Wearing ARRMA colors. (Hurricane Hobbies) Take that, T.

Last edited:
Welcome to my world. We have an authorised HH retailer here, but they don't stock Arrma parts. This is because the RC community here is small, and therefore the number of Arrma owners are even less. There is no justification for any part being stocked because there is not enough statistics to show which parts fail most, and almost anything can fail/break. They would order on our behalf, but it really doesn't make things easier or cheaper as ordering directly gets it delivered right to my doorstep. you guys have it good over there, but this is just how it is

And your LHS won't order the parts for you?

Luckily both of my LHS's carry Arrma parts.
Yes they were willing to order the part for me but why wait until next week Tuesday when I can get it by Friday. Tower hobbies is below Wisconsin so I'll just order and stock up on parts.

Yes they were willing to order the part for me but why wait until next week Tuesday when I can get it by Friday. Tower hobbies is below Wisconsin so I'll just order and stock up on parts.
Next week? Yeah I don't blame you then for ordering online.

In many cases, if my LHS doesn't have the parts in stock they get them in the next day - maybe two days.

Next week? Yeah I don't blame you then for ordering online.

In many cases, if my LHS doesn't have the parts in stock they get them in the next day - maybe two days.
That's cool I can wait a few days, now I'm just thinking about parts I may need etc.

I have a parts box for each of my trucks. I have almost every screw, washer and nut there is. I also stock the things that commonly break. The best thing is two own multiple trucks so if one breaks you have something else to use while you wait for parts :)

I was talking to one of the guys at my LHS and he said with brands like Arrma, who make a product that doesn’t break as much as say Traxxas, it makes it harder for the stores to make money because they don’t make much on the kits, they make their money on replacemt parts. Whenever I’m in there, sometimes I hang out for a while shoot the breeze they always push Traxxas first to the customers.

They sell everything and they will order it if they don’t stock it. Same price as online with free shipping to the store.

If you know what you want and go in and say I want “Arrma Granite BLX” they don’t try to steer you to Traxxas or anything but just like anything else, it pays to do your research before buying.

@Brewcity414, don't forget to check the classifieds forum on this site. There are members who tear down new kits, and part them out. There's also Jennys Rc that does the same thing. You can buy brand new parts at huge discounts, and have the typical break items on hand, if something goes wrong. It's a bit of a gamble, because you never know what's going to break, but A-arms get mashed up pretty easy, and having a complete front and rear set on hand is always a good idea. In case they get bent beyond repair, a spare chassis, shock towers and maybe even a pair of shocks, is also a good investment. Upgrading to stronger parts is also a good idea, but you need deep pockets when entering into that part of the game. You will eventually break something, the question is, how long are you willing to wait for replacements. Then there's warranty. You can save up some of the damaged items, and contact Horizon Hobby for replacements within the 2 year warranty.

Yeah that's true I planned on upgrading the suspension so I figured I wouldn't contact for the warranty but I'm definitely gonna stock up on parts .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back