Oring for a 40-42mm motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Fam

Does anyone know from experience what oring will fit around a 40/42 motor with fins? I want to put an oring on the end of it to support it so it does not hit the chassis.

I found this:
https://www.amazon.com/36mm-42mm-3mm-Ring-pieces/dp/B00L1IY498

I'm not sure if it would work...or it needs to be smaller.

Fam

Does anyone know from experience what oring will fit around a 40/42 motor with fins? I want to put an oring on the end of it to support it so it does not hit the chassis.

I found this:

Sounds like it would work fine as the i.d. is 36mm. Even if wasn’t super tight you could put it in between the fins and the ridges would hold it in place?

There's a Better choice..

397 pieces of various sizes = 1.2mm all the way up to 47mm in a handsome blue case ,for
$9.99 @ your local HarborFreight
👊💥

1695810668593.png

397 pieces of various sizes = 1.2mm all the way up to 47mm in a handsome blue case ,for
👊💥

View attachment 324296
Heck yeah! I've been working out of one of these "blue case" assortments for 10+ years!! Soo many uses!! Love that China freight store!!😂😂

It will just compress on impact, they make 3D printed ones but I usually just slide my fan mount down as a hard stop. It is certainly better than nothing on big air chassis slaps. 👍🏼

Now, what about upside down landings 🤔

It will just compress on impact, they make 3D printed ones but I usually just slide my fan mount down as a hard stop. It is certainly better than nothing on big air chassis slaps. 👍🏼

Bought the 3D ones before and cannot get between the chassis and a large motor only a few mm of space. Even if it compresses still far better than letting a long motor hang and having zero support...

Bought the 3D ones before and cannot get between the chassis and a large motor only a few mm of space. Even if it compresses still far better than letting a long motor hang and having zero support...
Do you own a dremel?

Just playing, enjoy! 😊

The O rings will surely compress, but it's gotta offer some assistance to preventing the mount from bending I believe.. as to the upside down landings, there's plenty of give in the body and mounts to cushion those impacts.🤷‍♂️
Do you own a dremel?

Just playing, enjoy! 😊
I had one, too delicate for meatheads like me I guess. It quit working like ten years ago so I tossed it. Die grinder, 4" electric grinder or an 18v cordless drill nowadays, one of those will do the same work for sure.

The O rings will surely compress, but it's gotta offer some assistance to preventing the mount from bending I believe.. as to the upside down landings, there's plenty of give in the body and mounts to cushion those impacts.🤷‍♂️

I had one, too delicate for meatheads like me I guess. It quit working like ten years ago so I tossed it. Die grinder, 4" electric grinder or an 18v cordless drill nowadays, one of those will do the same work for sure.
I used to port aluminum cylinder heads, a 1/4" pneumatic die grinder required more delicate hands than a lightweight modern 12V variable dremel especially when doing valve throats/seats and chamber work. One slip could cost hundreds in repair. Plus it helps clean, polish, and with minor sanding on any small RC component crevice.

I used to port aluminum cylinder heads, a 1/4" pneumatic die grinder required more delicate hands than a lightweight modern 12V variable dremel especially when doing valve throats/seats and chamber work. One slip could cost hundreds in repair. Plus it helps clean, polish, and with minor sanding on any small RC component crevice.
Fair enough. I still haven't needed one since I tossed it 10 years ago. Cordless sure is handy though.🍻

👊💥

View attachment 324296
Thx... HF down the highway 10min away!!!

Sweet (y)
I have oring on my 4985 motor never had orings for the 40mm motor.

I'm not a jumper or a send-it guy so for the small flips I do and the air I get, the orings do just as you said...little support on the end of the motor. I am on the ground guy but I can crash with sytle :LOL:

I have purchased the nice 3D motor holders from users here but there is not enough room. Here is a pic of my FT so it will be the same on the Talion motor coming. I had to cut an oring and glue it at the time since I did not have smaller orings.

1695830778102.png

Last edited:
I'm not a jumper or a send-it guy so for the small flips I do and the air I get, the orings do just as you said...little support on the end of the motor. I am on the ground guy but I can crash with sytle
Same here, I don't do a whole lotta jumping but we do crash hard my brother and I!! An O ring gives me some piece of mind if nothing else, plus when you have a minty "blue case" full of them laying around, why not?!😁😉🍻

Fam

I found this:

I.D. Looks about right......But
It's only 3mm thickness however. Is that enough cushion to meet the chassis?
If it is, you are golden.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back