Outcast Outcast 4s rear diff input gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryancrawford94

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
I seem to be having a reoccurring issue with the input gear of the rear diff of my outcast 4s. It got so bad that I only had front wheel drive, took it all apart and noticed I had completely crowned off the input gear, so it made sense why i Had no rear wheel drive... however I’ve just replaced the part and it’s been amazing.. for
About two to three days, now
It’s starting to make a horrible noise again and I fear the same thing is happening again and it will need replacing again soon...
WHY ARE THEY NOT ALUMINIUM!?!?!

I seem to be having a reoccurring issue with the input gear of the rear diff of my outcast 4s. It got so bad that I only had front wheel drive, took it all apart and noticed I had completely crowned off the input gear, so it made sense why i Had no rear wheel drive... however I’ve just replaced the part and it’s been amazing.. for
It’s starting to make a horrible noise again and I fear the same thing is happening again and it will need replacing again soon...
Slipper set too tight? Lower your punch settings maybe? Bearings still smooth?

2 things, did you replace the bearings both on the pinion and output carrier while in there?

did you replace both gears? (ring and pinion)

if it chowed a pinion, and you installed a new one on the same ring gear thats a for sure failure in the mist... same with the bearings if they are shot they will just allow the pinion or ring carrier to yield under power.. also over tightening of the yoke half screws can introduce some incorrect gear mesh...

Slipper set too tight? Lower your punch settings maybe? Bearings still smooth?
Slipper may be too tight as I didn’t tighten it because I thought it was slipping too much, bearings are fine and I’ve never adjusted any settings so they are all stock

Because ARRMA sucks! I bought my son the 4s in October 2019 and had to adjust slipper clutch, he broke 2 driveshafts and a c-hub. Now, the Servo already went out just today. He doesn’t even know how to drive it hard and all this happened on grass with no ramping just some flipping on turns or bumps. I personally think the truck is trash. I bought all aluminum hubs but the driveshaft CVD version it out everywhere until April 2020.

Because ARRMA sucks! I bought my son the 4s in October 2019 and had to adjust slipper clutch, he broke 2 driveshafts and a c-hub. Now, the Servo already went out just today. He doesn’t even know how to drive it hard and all this happened on grass with no ramping just some flipping on turns or bumps. I personally think the truck is trash. I bought all aluminum hubs but the driveshaft CVD version it out everywhere until April 2020.
I think your wife is taking it out and Playing with it when you aren’t home.

I think your wife is taking it out and Playing with it when you aren’t home.
On a serious note, does anyone know why I lost hard steering right or left out of the blue? I replaced the servo and same thing with a better one and same outcome. Nothing appears broken like a tie rod and I have made sure the trim settings on transmitter weren’t bumped. Played with them and still won’t turn the truck. It basically will only drive straight and turns just a slight left and really none to the right. Thanks for any help!

On a serious note, does anyone know why I lost hard steering right or left out of the blue? I replaced the servo and same thing with a better one and same outcome. Nothing appears broken like a tie rod and I have made sure the trim settings on transmitter weren’t bumped. Played with them and still won’t turn the truck. It basically will only drive straight and turns just a slight left and really none to the right. Thanks for any help!

Maybe change to a faster and more powerful servo. From YouTube seems servo is one of Arrma weakness and often need replace

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back