Outcast 8S Backflip tyres on Kraton 6S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Do the Outcast 8S Backflip rims/tyres fit on a Kraton 6s?
If not, what would be required to make them fit - and would it be worth it?
They're different to the 6S version it would seem.
Maybe they'll be too big?

You would need 24mm hubs. Just bash it makes them.

I’m running them on my hybrid build which is basically a 6s Kraton stretched with a mojave chassis.

7DF3022A-C92E-4C0F-A1A6-B996D96164E6.jpeg

They are gigantic. His build makes them look not so big but that's because that build is almost the size of an actual 8s outcast. Them on a normal kraton will be very very different. The 6s ones are a very nice size for a kraton 6s. Plus it's a lot more stress on the 6s parts. I do love that build though @Matt05

You are correct. It is very close to the physical size of an 8s Outcast. No doubt the weight of the tires is definitely harder on driveline parts. For a typical Kraton 6s build, I don’t see the point.

You are correct. It is very close to the physical size of an 8s Outcast. No doubt the weight of the tires is definitely harder on driveline parts. For a typical Kraton 6s build, I don’t see the point.
Ok - will go back to the idea of normal 6s Backflip for my Kraton. They're about $200NZD for a set over here in New Zealand - OUCH

Ok - will go back to the idea of normal 6s Backflip for my Kraton. They're about $200NZD for a set over here in New Zealand - OUCH
Yeah going to have to agree to much torque for the drive line there is another post some were on the forums of a 6s kraton with 8s tires and its braking the input on the drive cups to the front and rear diffs. You can add a lot of weight to a car but adding rotational weight is one of the fastest ways to brake things.

Yeah going to have to agree to much torque for the drive line there is another post some were on the forums of a 6s kraton with 8s tires and its braking the input on the drive cups to the front and rear diffs. You can add a lot of weight to a car but adding rotational weight is one of the fastest ways to brake things.
Well the big difference on that one specifically is that it's like 17 pounds without batteries and tires so it's like 23 pounds with tires and stuff so that's a whole different story. Too much aluminum on that one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back