Outcast 8s wow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Vorteks
So I finally opened mine up and plugged in program card and set up the esc.
I advanced the timing a few degrees.
increased the brake force to 75%
Installed the speed pinion
Charged up my batteries.
battery tray is not user friendly!!
Then I hit the track.
it handles like poop. But that’s not what it’s about. You want to do front flips. Back flips and wheelies. This is your monster. I love it. It’s not comparable in any way to a xmaxx. I’d say I had more fun with the outcast as compared to my Xmaxx.
Good job arrma.

So I finally opened mine up and plugged in program card and set up the esc.
I advanced the timing a few degrees.
increased the brake force to 75%
Installed the speed pinion
Charged up my batteries.
battery tray is not user friendly!!
Then I hit the track.
it handles like poop. But that’s not what it’s about. You want to do front flips. Back flips and wheelies. This is your monster. I love it. It’s not comparable in any way to a xmaxx. I’d say I had more fun with the outcast as compared to my Xmaxx.
Good job arrma.
If I'm reading this right you never ran it at the stock timing. Im curious how much change this made. Has anyone played with the different timing levels and gained some perspective on how much change there was, and if there is a sweet spot for the timing on these trucks?

If I'm reading this right you never ran it at the stock timing. Im curious how much change this made. Has anyone played with the different timing levels and gained some perspective on how much change there was, and if there is a sweet spot for the timing on these trucks?
I’ll put it back to 0 next time. It is wicked though. temps after a run esc 125 motor 150 batteries 120 motor temp is a bit high for my liking I thinks that’s because the advance isn’t desirable for the motor.

I’ll put it back to 0 next time. It is wicked though. temps after a run esc 125 motor 150 batteries 120 motor temp is a bit high for my liking I thinks that’s because the advance isn’t desirable for the motor.
I’d leave it at 0 , that’s fine for this truck imo

Another set of packs through it. Beat the hell out of it in the pits. Front flips back flips wheelies. No issues. Tires are taking a licken. I’d agree now. It handles great. I love what this truck is! It’s my go to. My xmaxx’s will sit on the shelf for now.
6s outcast spit out a front cvd towards the end of the run it was justified it hit a big stone lol
A3ED7BF0-3884-4B0C-A91C-D237C5CD2C5F.jpeg

4B3509C8-5403-4789-8E30-B23DC7728459.jpeg

Check your front pillow balls. Mine were both loose. No o-ring on them to hold them in place like the 6s stuff. I applied shoe goo and reinstalled them into the uprights.
All 4 of mine were loose after my first run..!! when I got home to check the car over it did have o-rings on the nuts but they are far too small and don't actually do anything..?
I measured the size of them and they aren't even the same size as the ones listed on Arrma's page..!! More bad QC ?
I have a funny feeling that mine was built with 6s o-rings but I need to check to confirm the sizing..

Question about the Shoo Goo, will you still be able to adjust the nut afterwards.??

Edit: I checked Arrma's website, and yes mine is fitted with 6s o-rings they are part# ARA320467 my o-rings measured 11x1mm..!! ??

Last edited:
All 4 of mine were loose after my first run..!! when I got home to check the car over it did have o-rings on the nuts but they are far too small and don't actually do anything..?
I measured the size of them and they aren't even the same size as the ones listed on Arrma's page..!! More bad QC ?
I have a funny feeling that mine was built with 6s o-rings but I need to check to confirm the sizing..

Question about the Shoo Goo, will you still be able to adjust the nut afterwards.??

Edit: I checked Arrma's website, and yes mine is fitted with 6s o-rings they are part# ARA320467 my o-rings measured 11x1mm..!! ??
I’ve done it with my stock 6s no issues. I’ll upgrade them to buy something better. Until then this will do.

Damn it must have been built on a Friday ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back