Outcast Outcast Roller VS RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani d.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
  5. Vendetta
  6. Vorteks
Hello together
I am still inexperienced in 1:5, so I need your help.
It should be an OC 8s EXB, but now the question Roller ARA5210 or RTR ARA5810V2T1? My question are there differences? Are both on the same level? Which one is the best to choose. Somehow I can't find any comparisons?I don't need RTR. Because everything already exists. Thanks for your support!

Hello together
I am still inexperienced in 1:5, so I need your help.
It should be an OC 8s EXB, but now the question Roller ARA5210 or RTR ARA5810V2T1? My question are there differences? Are both on the same level? Which one is the best to choose. Somehow I can't find any comparisons?I don't need RTR. Because everything already exists. Thanks for your support!
The Roller is the same truck at the RTR...the difference is the RTR comes with new electronics, ESC, Motor and Servo. That's why it cost more than the roller. If you don't need electronics then just get the roller for $400. It's a great deal!!

Last I seen, HH got rid of the standard non EXB RTR altogether. Discontinued. And I am Not sure where you are seeing the 8s "rollers". In a LHS perhaps.
Both EXB OC 8s and K8s are now All EXB upgraded out the box, and are RTR with electrics. Both for $1k USD. Only have 2 choices now of the V2's. And the EXB V2's appear to be best ones so far.
I would say the EXB is the way to go. It is way stronger and better for the $$ spent.
Personally I would go with the EXB OC8s myself. Short wheel base is a tad bit lighter and tends to break less, and shorter chassis will last longer, according to many who have both to compare.
I own Neither however. They are quite heavy at 30+pounds. My many 6s Arrma's serve me well enough. (13-16 pounds) Faster and cheaper to own and maintain. Carrying a 30 pound 8s rig is a chore. Better have some muscles or a Cart to transport it when the lipo's quit on you...:giggle: Gets tiring after a 100+ foot walk carrying this monster.
Just me.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/vehicles/?prefn1=powerSystem&prefv1=8S

Last edited:
Yes the difference is clear to me between RTR and Rollers. I'm just not clear whether I should take the Rollerse, because the RTR is a V2 version. In the article no. this can be seen. The checkered is different (which does not bother me). But are they technically identical? If they are otherwise the same EXB, then it is clear that I will take the Rollers.

Yes the difference is clear to me between RTR and Rollers. I'm just not clear whether I should take the Rollerse, because the RTR is a V2 version. In the article no. this can be seen. The checkered is different (which does not bother me). But are they technically identical? If they are otherwise the same EXB, then it is clear that I will take the Rollers.
It's the same truck minus a small change to the motor mount

I am sure many LHS's will have some EXB rollers left.
They were probably all slow sellers due to thier pricepoint. Not popular. Why Arrma has them as EXB RTR's only right now.
But def. get the EXB, whether a RTR or Roller.

Hey man, What did they change? Thanks Mike
The piece the center brace connects to on the mount use to be plastic? It might have already been metal in the exb now that I think about it but Jenny's is charging like 5x more for the new one 🤣

The piece the center brace connects to on the mount use to be plastic? It might have already been metal in the exb now that I think about it but Jenny's is charging like 5x more for the new one 🤣

It was plastic on the RTRs and metal on the EXB rollers.

Backflip 8s are different.

Seeing a lot of Youtubers talking a lot about the durability of the V2, didn't the Exb v1 have the same durability?
Some would claim it didn't but I for sure believe it after owning both exb.

Backflip 8s are different.

Seeing a lot of Youtubers talking a lot about the durability of the V2, didn't the Exb v1 have the same durability?

I’m guessing they are the same YouTubers thanking Arrma relentlessly for the “constant innovation”, when the only thing new is the electronics and a reimagined uglier body.

They get them for free in exchange for glowing reviews.

I been saying since day one of the release...they are the same as the exb rollers, except the electronics and tires. A lot of people on the forum keep comparing the RTR's with the new V2's and I'm like...WTF it's the EXB?! Like the EXB, with beefed up parts, didn't exist until the V2 came out 🤣 Thunder acting like the arms are newly beefed up or something, others acting like the chassis is stronger but nope..same trucks.

I been saying since day one of the release...they are the same as the exb rollers, except the electronics and tires. A lot of people on the forum keep comparing the RTR's with the new V2's and I'm like...WTF it's the EXB?! Like the EXB, with beefed up parts, didn't exist until the V2 came out 🤣 Thunder acting like the arms are newly beefed up or something, others acting like the chassis is stronger but nope..same trucks.
it really just goes to show you how many people talked nonsense about the arrma 8s exb's with NO IDEA wtf they were talking about. All the clips I posted on the forums of my arrma 8s rigs being durable AF and people acted like I was making it up lol. I've been singing the same tune for a year now.

I guess better late than never though, at least they are finally getting the respect they deserve! I actually took my k8s and xmaxx out yesterday and I had a nasty cartwheel on the xmaxx and I broke a front steering block or whatever it's called. Run ended in 3 jumps! my k8s took a nasty tumble on the same day and I cracked a wing mount and the truck is totally fine. I'm not saying the k8s is as durable as an xmaxx but they're definitely not as fragile as clueless baboons would have you believe.

it really just goes to show you how many people talked nonsense about the arrma 8s exb's with NO IDEA wtf they were talking about. All the clips I posted on the forums of my arrma 8s rigs being durable AF and people acted like I was making it up lol. I've been singing the same tune for a year now.

I guess better late than never though, at least they are finally getting the respect they deserve! I actually took my k8s and xmaxx out yesterday and I had a nasty cartwheel on the xmaxx and I broke a front steering block or whatever it's called. Run ended in 3 jumps! my k8s took a nasty tumble on the same day and I cracked a wing mount and the truck is totally fine. I'm not saying the k8s is as durable as an xmaxx but they're definitely not fragile as clueless baboons would have you believe.
Hey the @3d-rc.myshopify.com arrma 8s wing mount is a beast! Mine is so strong I carry the rig that way some times. Only draw back is no wheelie bar but that's not an issue with the K8.

Hey the @3d-rc.myshopify.com arrma 8s wing mount is a beast! Mine is so strong I carry the rig that way some times. Only draw back is no wheelie bar but that's not an issue with the K8.
the wheelie bar not being supported is what originally made me ignore his arrma 8s wing mounts but I've finally come to the conclusion that I really shouldn't be wheeling that truck anyway! Thats how bad things happen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

the wheelie bar not being supported is what originally made me ignore his arrma 8s wing mounts but I've finally come to the conclusion that I really shouldn't be wheeling that truck anyway! Thats how bad things happen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I bought 2 thinking one each for OC8 and K8 and then realized if I wanted to keep the wheelie bar on the OC I couldn't use the mount. But man I've landed on that K8 mount several times and it's still gold! 💪🏼

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back