Advice-After sales Maintenance cost Xmaxx vs Outcast 8s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any footage or pictures? would love to see a hit that bends an exb chassis but makes an xmaxx chassis laugh. I'm over here cracking center skids from just landing on all 4's on the sidewalk on my xrt. Btw, I wasn't talking about replacing with another arrma chassis. Buy once cry once. If I'm bashing hard enough to bend an exb chassis then I'm going aftermarket and never worrying about it again, never having to do another chassis swap again etc etc. I think a large and maybe even majority of people don't enjoy wrenching so replacing a traxxas chassis over and over is not a good afternoon.

To be fair though, I've not had to replace that many traxxas chassis so it's been kind of a wash on that front with me personally. Thankfully I've step my game up and have managed to avoid the sidewalk. My xmaxx actually took a lot of bad hits before it ended up like that and it wouldn't be fair if I didn't acknowledge that.

Since we're down here in the mud already though might as well roll around a bit more. I don't know about the xmaxx but the xrt 100% needs a bellcrank upgrade out of the box. If you do any type of decent bashing it's going to break sooner rather than later and it's the same for the plastic steering link things on the tire side, i've broken that part multiple times. There is also the matter of tires, the tires on the o8s and the k8s are better than what comes on either the xmaxx or the xrt and you won't feel the need to run and replace them. Or in the xmaxx case, blow them up. You're definitely going to bend the center driveshaft on an xrt way before you do so on an arrma 8s rig as well. They probably bend about as easy as the red center bracing bends on the arrma rigs before you add cf to them. :ROFLMAO: Cheap part for sure but having to replace it over and over is again, not a fun time. And thats another thing! arrma 8s way easier to service than traxxas. I gotta pull my xrt apart to replace the driveshaft, that poop is crazy. Don't get me started on having to access the center diff on xmaxx/xrt either. Stuff of nightmares. :ROFLMAO:

Ok so a $250 m2c chassis compared to replacing a $22 Xmaxx chassis?

I tore a set of Copperheads on my v1 Kraton exb the third time out.

On my rtr Outcast I bent 2 or 3 shock shafts, broke 3 shock ends.

I could replace 4 X-Maxx chassis and replace the stock esc with a max6 for the cost of an m2c chassis. Or I could buy a max6, two chassis and a bellcrank kit from M2C for the XRT for the price of one M2C Kraton chassis.

As said, I enjoy my 8s Arrma rigs, but when you look at overall cost and durability, Traxxas wins. The Traxxas rigs don’t need huge motors because they weigh so much less. I know you love overpowered set ups (I do too) but I’m just as happy bashing my Xmaxx with a max6 and the stock motor as I am my Kraton with a big TP.

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

Ok so a $250 m2c chassis compared to replacing a $22 Xmaxx chassis?

I tore a set of Copperheads on my v1 Kraton exb the third time out.

On my rtr Outcast I bent 2 or 3 shock shafts, broke 3 shock ends.

I could replace 4 X-Maxx chassis and replace the stock esc with a max6 for the cost of an m2c chassis. Or I could buy a max6, two chassis and a bellcrank kit from M2C for the XRT for the price of one M2C Kraton chassis.

As said, I enjoy my 8s Arrma rigs, but when you look at overall cost and durability, Traxxas wins. The Traxxas rigs don’t need huge motors because they weigh so much less. I know you love overpowered set ups (I do too) but I’m just as happy bashing my Xmaxx with a max6 and the stock motor as I am my Kraton with a big TP.

View attachment 341256
View attachment 341282

I definitely see way more complaints about Xmaxx tires compared to arrma. In fact many think the backflip 8s tires are amazing. No one says that about Xmaxx tires.

You keep mentioning how cheap this Traxxas chassis is while forgetting that you have to dedicate time to actually do said repairs. Time is money and maybe you don't care about your time but many do. I'd much rather pay a small premium if it means I don't have to be bothered with doing a chassis swap again. It's not like it's changing a tire. That poop is time consuming and you could have easily made money putting that time towards a job lol.

I've also made it clear I was talking about exb 8s in every post. We know the old rtr wasn't that great. I've never bent an exb shock in my life and you don't see people posting here complaining about it either. You can't even buy those shocks anymore I bet! 🤣

I bash both rigs equally and I don't buy into the bullshit that everyone likes to toss on arrma 8s rigs. It's totally bullshit from my POV as I've had to spend just as much if not more on my Traxxas stuff. Maybe if all people do is drive like miss daisy what you and others say is true. Definitely hasn't been true for me and I don't even know if I like my arrma 8s more than my xrt. I actually love the xrt a lot but to say it hasn't needed it's fair share of stuff is nuts.

We have 3 xrt and im the one who has to fix them all when something breaks. I think that makes me pretty qualified to know what breaks and needs to be repaired often. I've bent dog bones just by sliding into snow, I've gone through at least 4 ring gears on one xrt before I finally was able to get it dialed in and stop destroying itself.

I've bent center drive shafts even though I land on all fours. I've had to spend I don't know how much on pinions and spurs. I have to keep a collection of steering links at all times. The stock servo wouldn't even turn kraton tires on the street. Gotta replace stock lipo bs to fit real batteries. Hinge pins pulling threw arms is also a problem that has happened more than once.

After investing in an aftermarket chassis for my arrma 8s over a year after owning the truck I've had screws back out of diff once with zero dmg. Tons of bent center braces, one or two broken arms and screws backeout of bulkhead from bottom of chassis sometimes.

And then you add the fact that working on the Traxxas rigs is way more annoying and time consuming. I've definitely not spent more on my arrma rigs when all things considered.

I say all of that but I still love the xrt and its probably in my top two fav rigs to bash. It's why I bought 3 of them. I'd give up a lot of my arrma 6s rigs to keep my xrts if it came down to it 🤣

I definitely see way more complaints about Xmaxx tires compared to arrma. In fact many think the backflip 8s tires are amazing. No one says that about Xmaxx tires.

You keep mentioning how cheap this Traxxas chassis is while forgetting that you have to dedicate time to actually do said repairs. Time is money and maybe you don't care about your time but many do. I'd much rather pay a small premium if it means I don't have to be bothered with doing a chassis swap again. It's not like it's changing a tire. That poop is time consuming and you could have easily made money putting that time towards a job lol.

I've also made it clear I was talking about exb 8s in every post. We know the old rtr wasn't that great. I've never bent an exb shock in my life and you don't see people posting here complaining about it either. You can't even buy those shocks anymore I bet! 🤣

I bash both rigs equally and I don't buy into the bullshit that everyone likes to toss on arrma 8s rigs. It's totally bullshit from my POV as I've had to spend just as much if not more on my Traxxas stuff. Maybe if all people do is drive like miss daisy what you and others say is true. Definitely hasn't been true for me and I don't even know if I like my arrma 8s more than my xrt. I actually love the xrt a lot but to say it hasn't needed it's fair share of stuff is nuts.

We have 3 xrt and im the one who has to fix them all when something breaks. I think that makes me pretty qualified to know what breaks and needs to be repaired often. I've bent dog bones just by sliding into snow, I've gone through at least 4 ring gears on one xrt before I finally was able to get it dialed in and stop destroying itself.

I've bent center drive shafts even though I land on all fours. I've had to spend I don't know how much on pinions and spurs. I have to keep a collection of steering links at all times. The stock servo wouldn't even turn kraton tires on the street. Gotta replace stock lipo bs to fit real batteries. Hinge pins pulling threw arms is also a problem that has happened more than once.

After investing in an aftermarket chassis for my arrma 8s over a year after owning the truck I've had screws back out of diff once with zero dmg. Tons of bent center braces, one or two broken arms and screws backeout of bulkhead from bottom of chassis sometimes.

And then you add the fact that working on the Traxxas rigs is way more annoying and time consuming. I've definitely not spent more on my arrma rigs when all things considered.

I say all of that but I still love the xrt and its probably in my top two fav rigs to bash. It's why I bought 3 of them. I'd give up a lot of my arrma 6s rigs to keep my xrts if it came down to it 🤣
Why don't you tell us how you really feel?😉🤣🤣
I can't argue, it's your experiences and opinions. I'm fine with both..although I did smack a tree with my K8S yesterday that bent the upper pivot ball, hinge pin and plate..I've done the same with my Xmaxx more times than I can mention.
I totally agree Arrma's tires are better in pretty much every way, wheels even more so. I'm keeping both my Arrma and TRX 8s. Both awesome in their own elements.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?😉🤣🤣
I can't argue, it's your experiences and opinions. I'm fine with both..although I did smack a tree with my K8S yesterday that bent the upper pivot ball, hinge pin and plate..I've done the same with my Xmaxx more times than I can mention.
I totally agree Arrma's tires are better in pretty much every way, wheels even more so. I'm keeping both my Arrma and TRX 8s. Both awesome in their own elements.
I got carried away lol. I know not everyone experiences the same things but I like to think I'm at least 4 different people :ROFLMAO: since I have 3 xrt, 2 kraton 8s, 1 outcast 8s and 1 xmaxx. I think the more rigs you have the more you see patterns and can get a baseline for what is a problem. Funny enough, my dbxl has been more durable than both the k8s and xrt but I don't drive it as much so I guess it's not fair comparison :ROFLMAO:

I got carried away lol. I know not everyone experiences the same things but I like to think I'm at least 4 different people :ROFLMAO: since I have 3 xrt, 2 kraton 8s, 1 outcast 8s and 1 xmaxx. I think the more rigs you have the more you see patterns and can get a baseline for what is a problem. Funny enough, my dbxl has been more durable than both the k8s and xrt but I don't drive it as much so I guess it's not fair comparison :ROFLMAO:
All good brother!! You can cast as many votes as you wish!! I'd like to own a DBXL E one day..parts cost will likely prevent that however,LOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back