Advice-After sales Maintenance cost Xmaxx vs Outcast 8s v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABBYSI

Reaction score
Hi members

Happy New year

Need everyone's suggestion and advice
I am planning to buy either Xmaxx or Outcast EXB v2 8s or if Kraton 8s v2 is better than the other 2 mentioned RC cars?

I need to know which will make less trouble and will have less maintenance or damage cost.

Ultimately I am trying to have less after sales spending for every breakage and truck should be able to withstand some of the unpleasant and rash and ruckus drive from my end.

I have heard Xmaxx breaks less and is more durable compared to Arrma Rc cars.

Please help and suggest.

I have neither. And only because like you, I was trying to assess which one is better for me. I feel that both are money pits and need parts more regularly, 1/5 large scale stuff gets costly, usually double $$ in parts to that of a 1/8 or 1/7 Arrma line. I rather spend $100. for a set of 1/8 tires than $200.00 as one example. One can argue that any RC can be a money pit. I agree also. Depends on many variables, and who you ask. We all drive differently. Having different wallets. Which one is better and more reliable?? Very subjective....
So I never pulled the plug on either one. Xmax or Oc/K8s myself. They are Expert level Models. Needing an expert wallet to match. 8s line is 30+ pounds, the XMax is like 10 pounds lighter, being mostly all Plastic.. Pick your poison. I only wish the 8s line was like 10 pounds lighter. It would grab me more so.
On paper the K/OC 8s looks much easier to wrench on. Has more alloy parts in important key, high stress areas, i.e. the motor mount for starters.

>>>See what others here have to say.
Good luck. Enjoy what ever you end up with.

>>>Not sure what RC's you do have already, but the new 1/8 K6s EXB RTR seems like the best value of all the Arrma's right now. The most greatly improved K6 of all the prior revisions to date. I already have an older v4 K6 that is quite durable with minimal upgrades at that., yet I still consider this new one.
It is that much revised better.

Edited.

Last edited:
That's all going to depend on how you use it and what your expectations are I think.
For me, the Xmaxx has been awesome. 2 years with nothing aside from consumables like bearings and tires. It just keeps on going..
My K8S is still too new for me to judge. The new rtr exb Arrma's are definitely faster, a bit better handling too. Also quite heavy, which definitely affects run time, tire wear and crash damage..

I don't have an outcast so I can't comment on the durability of it. But the X Max is a great basher. I snapped a few chassis on stupid high jumps onto concrete and there like $22 for a replacement. My X-Maxx and Tekno MT410 are my go to bashers in my fleet.

I am not dismissing Arrma 8s by any means, they can achieve higher performance no doubt. Just that dollar for dollar an Xmaxx is tough to beat. If high speed is in the plans, the Xmaxx will simply become undrivable at some point due to the HCG design whereas the Arrma LCG will shine by comparison.

I have neither. And only because like you, I was trying to assess which one is better for me. I feel that both are money pits and need parts more regularly, 1/5 large scale stuff gets costly, usually double $$ in parts to that of a 1/8 or 1/7 Arrma line. I rather spend $100. for a set of 1/8 tires than $200.00 as one example. One can argue that any RC can be a money pit. I agree also. Depends on many variables, and who you ask. We all drive differently. Having different wallets. Which one is better and more reliable?? Very subjective....
So I never pulled the plug on either one. Xmax or Oc/K8s myself. They are Expert level Models. Needing an expert wallet to match. 8s line is 30+ pounds, the XMax is like 10 pounds lighter, being mostly all Plastic.. Pick your poison. I only wish the 8s line was like 10 pounds lighter. It would grab me more so.
On paper the K/OC 8s looks much easier to wrench on. Has more alloy parts in important key, high stress areas, i.e. the motor mount for starters.

>>>See what others here have to say.
Good luck. Enjoy what ever you end up with.

>>>Not sure what RC's you do have already, but the new 1/8 K6s EXB RTR seems like the best value of all the Arrma's right now. The most greatly improved K6 of all the prior revisions to date. I already have an older v4 K6 that is quite durable with minimal upgrades at that., yet I still consider this new one.
It is that much revised better.

Edited.
So the RC I own are Maxx 4s,Erevo 6s,Typhon 6s and that's it

Well at least you have some TRX Brand Experience. That counts. You know pretty much what to expect from TRX,???
Maybe its the XMax for you. Like @KnowAir stated. He liked his.
Does it have to be a large scale rig at all???
That 1/8 EXB K6s is calling you dude. And coming from a Typhon 6s, it will be a very easy transition for you.
Want even bigger than the 1/8 K6s EXB, the new XLWB Arrma 1/7 6s BRCC is nice also.
Just that the K6s EXB is the best value of all the Arrmas right IMO. When you do the math.
Your next model wont be your last. So its just all up to you and your wallet.
:unsure:

Last edited:
Well at least you have some TRX Brand Experience. That counts. You know pretty much what to expect from TRX,???
Maybe its the XMax for you. Like @KnowAir stated. He liked his.
Does it have to be a large scale rig at all???
That 1/8 EXB K6s is calling you dude. And coming from a Typhon 6s, it will be a very easy transition for you.
:unsure:
I agree, the new K6EXB is looking good. I'd still love to sample an XRT one day too..
My brother has the 4s Maxx and Xmaxx as well. He says the 4s is tougher, IDK, I say they're pretty equal, just that one is literally double the size and weight..

A Kraton 6s is completely different than an X-Maxx or Outcast. A Kraton XL even still isn’t in the same league. With the other rigs you own, I’d grab an X-Maxx beings you’re familiar with the chassis (bigger version of the Maxx)

Assuming you must go with an 8s model.... Weight kills parts. This is why the XMAXX 8s wins, but this is only relevant if you are doing big jumps. Otherwise the K8s handles much better if going around fast and handling is valuable to you over jumping high.

But the best option is the 6s Arrma line if you want durability, handling, and low cost of ownership after purchase.

Just look at what a set of wheels/tires costs on a 1/5 rig. I owned a XMAXX 8s and sold it. Was much happier with the Kraton 6s personally, but we all enjoy the hobby differently.

Last edited:
A Kraton 6s is completely different than an X-Maxx or Outcast. A Kraton XL even still isn’t in the same league. With the other rigs you own, I’d grab an X-Maxx beings you’re familiar with the chassis (bigger version of the Maxx)
I agree, my comments were based on the OP having already decided on 8s.

Well I will say something for the 1/5 and 1/6, they are bigger, they are more money, they run better in grass and snow, there is more excitement if they go fast like a 1/8 scale. Nothing wrong with small RC's 1/10 but I only like small RC's where they can run good and handle good.

After driving big RC's outside the smallest thing I am intrested in is the new Kraton 6s exb rtr.
Fireteam 1/7 is fun so the new big rock 6s 1/7 is probably also but the new Kraton exb rtr is the better buy.

X-Maxx if you want to do big jumps, smaller jumps XRT handles better.
Otherwise Kraton/Outcast exb rtr will drive better and handle future upgrades better.

If you go for a Max5 in the XMaxx or XRT it gets really expensive. The K8 or O8 is cheaper then. The Max5 is needed in the XMaxx and XRT if you put on heavier tires, want to go faster with beadlock tires or drive in soft sand. Or if you want to really bash hard in summer. The motor does get warm. If you only jump with the XMaxx the stock motor/ESC is fine. You also need a stronger servo on the Traxxas rigs. Drive time on the XMaxx is very long if you mostly jump as you're not as much on the throttle as with the XRT when racing around.

The 8s Arrma are not as agile as the XRT. The XRT drives a bit like a 6s rig. Very pleasant to drive. Weight on the 8s Arrma rigs reduces drive time. The XMaxx is for jumping, does not handle nice in corners. And if you put on the wide kit does handle corners a lot better but is not as planted as the XRT.

Driving the XRT and K8 is pretty different. K8 feels more like a Tank. K8 is more agile. Both are fun to drive and need a lot of space. On the Traxxas 8s you are fine with 5000-6000mAh 8s lipos. On the Arrmas you want somewhere around 9500mAh because of the weight.

As said before, the Arrma 6s series costs about half and is extreeeemly robust. A ready to drive 6s Kraton costs about 1/3 of a Max5 combo, better servo, M2c motor mount, double battery ready to drive XRT. At least here in Europe. A Mojave and Kraton 6s is cheaper than an upgraded XRT and you get two driving experiences.

Got the K8, XRT and XMaxx. Can't say much about the O8. Due to the shorter wheelbase it just does not handle as nice as the K8 when on the ground. Looks great though. Short wheelbase just does not do it for me after having had the Notorious 6s.

Stock the K8 has pretty good electronics. Stock XRT is at it's limit.

Last edited:
I've owned the Xmaxx, Outcast 8S RTR, Kraton 8S EXB, and a few ARRMA 6S rigs. It's hard to compare them as they drive differently. If you've owned several 1/8 rigs, I'd recommend trying a 1/5 or 1/6 rig. In my own experience, once I shifted to larger scales, the fun with 1/8 rigs faded, leaving them collecting dust on the shelf.

I bought the Xmaxx twice, but sold it both times after a few months. I disliked how it drove and jumped—felt bouncy, clumsy, and unstable. The plastic parts felt cheap and were prone to stripping. The only things I liked were its monster truck appearance and parts that were slightly cheaper than ARRMA's. If you opt for the Xmaxx, stick with the stock setup; just swap the stock ESC for a Max6. Their lightweight nature contributes to durability; adding more weight with mods leads to increased breakage.

On the flip side, the Outcast 8S has been my go-to for two years. It handles far better than the Xmaxx and has proven super durable. I've bashed it weekly, attempted crazy stunts and it last just a few minor breakage and wear and tear. However, it needed tuning and upgrades before becoming nearly bulletproof. For me, driving experience trumps durability. What's the point of something tough if it drives like garbage?

Recently, I added the Kraton 8S EXB to my collection, and boy, I underestimated the difference between its short-wheelbase (SWB) and long-wheelbase (LWB). The Kraton 8S is ballistic—rock-solid at high speeds and flies like a missile on big jumps. However, I'm more into stunting bashing, so I've mostly used the K8 for open field bashing and a few big jumps.

I'm extremely satisfied with both my O8 and K8. Once fully tuned and mastered, they endure before anything breaks. The new EXB V2 comes with superior motor, ESC, and servo than the previous RTR. The downside of the ARRMA 8S lineup is their weight; they're heavy for travel. Parts aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. ARRMA's CVDs are problematic; if you don't limit shock travel (droop), the CVD pin will snap in no time.

Given another chance with Traxxas, I'd consider the XRT since I haven't owned it yet. But surely will buy it used, I can't bring myself to pay over 1k for plastic and subpar electronics.

If you can live with the Xmaxx in stockish form, the Xmaxx is king of the 8s bashers. Don't just take my word for it..
I'm sorry but thunderRC and this video is bullshit. When the o8s v2 came out he was saying the exact opposite and that the o8s was the best thing since sliced bread. He literally change his tune per video and I've seen him say in multiple YT comments that o8s is the better deal out of the box.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him.
I've owned the Xmaxx, Outcast 8S RTR, Kraton 8S EXB, and a few ARRMA 6S rigs. It's hard to compare them as they drive differently. If you've owned several 1/8 rigs, I'd recommend trying a 1/5 or 1/6 rig. In my own experience, once I shifted to larger scales, the fun with 1/8 rigs faded, leaving them collecting dust on the shelf.

I bought the Xmaxx twice, but sold it both times after a few months. I disliked how it drove and jumped—felt bouncy, clumsy, and unstable. The plastic parts felt cheap and were prone to stripping. The only things I liked were its monster truck appearance and parts that were slightly cheaper than ARRMA's. If you opt for the Xmaxx, stick with the stock setup; just swap the stock ESC for a Max6. Their lightweight nature contributes to durability; adding more weight with mods leads to increased breakage.

On the flip side, the Outcast 8S has been my go-to for two years. It handles far better than the Xmaxx and has proven super durable. I've bashed it weekly, attempted crazy stunts and it last just a few minor breakage and wear and tear. However, it needed tuning and upgrades before becoming nearly bulletproof. For me, driving experience trumps durability. What's the point of something tough if it drives like garbage?

Recently, I added the Kraton 8S EXB to my collection, and boy, I underestimated the difference between its short-wheelbase (SWB) and long-wheelbase (LWB). The Kraton 8S is ballistic—rock-solid at high speeds and flies like a missile on big jumps. However, I'm more into stunting bashing, so I've mostly used the K8 for open field bashing and a few big jumps.

I'm extremely satisfied with both my O8 and K8. Once fully tuned and mastered, they endure before anything breaks. The new EXB V2 comes with superior motor, ESC, and servo than the previous RTR. The downside of the ARRMA 8S lineup is their weight; they're heavy for travel. Parts aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for. ARRMA's CVDs are problematic; if you don't limit shock travel (droop), the CVD pin will snap in no time.

Given another chance with Traxxas, I'd consider the XRT since I haven't owned it yet. But surely will buy it used, I can't bring myself to pay over 1k for plastic and subpar electronics.

This is similar to how I feel about it and I own Xmaxx/XRT/o8s/K8s as well. I don't think the traxxas rigs feel cheap but I do think the stock electronics are 100% poop compared to arrma and that even includes the servo. I have to force myself to drive my 6s rigs now and the xmaxx is my least favorite 8s rig. It doesn't do ANYTHING better than an o8s/k8s/xrt in my opinion.

My arrma rigs have been just as durable as well.

Last edited:
Have asked this at other post as well and posting it here as well to get maximum reach and replies which might help make me decision

@Moirae
@cazrack
@KnowAir
@harith7oe
@Matt05
@BIG TUNA
@SrC
@LibertyMKiii
@RC-Dude

I am little confused and need help from you guys
6s
Arrma kraton New v2 exb
Outcast 6S exb
kraton 8s v2

NOTORIOUS 6S

8S
Outcast v2 exb
Kraton 8s v2 exb
Xmaxx

If had to pick one assuming you never had any of the mentioned above which one will you pick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back